witcher 2

BAD SANTA

The first is a great game and I expect the second will be too. I hope that they free up the combat a bit as in the first it was a bit restrictive and robotic.

Pete

Bright Spark
yeah i'd say there's definetly potential in this game, however i never did bother to complete it; due to the annoying combat, quests to scour the map for flowers and constantly respawning enemy.

Studentguyct

Bronze Level Poster
Haven't played the first one, but i'm looking to get the second once i've got my new laptop. Looking forward to it.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
If you got into first game.It was really good think i played it through 4 times.Witcher 2 looks excellent. Would love to upgrade my computer but a new kitchen is coming first

jayjay

Enthusiast
check the books out also now translated from polish to english like an adult lord of the rings

NilSatis

Bright Spark
This is defo on my buy list too......I have the first one; amazing game, bit slow at the start...soon gets good if you persist. I need to read the book! I have the platinum edition and has a little of the book in it; would love it!

I installed a few mods to the first one if anyone is looking for some to try; texturen mod (brilliant texture improvements; looks stunning) perfect rain (better rain) dark geralt mod (better looking witcher and outfit) scabbard mod (adds scabbards to swords...brilliant) perfect blood (as part of flash mod i think) but really regret installing the flash mod mostly due to my own noobism; as it ramps up the difficulty which would be fine as its easy vanilla, but i picked hard thinking it would be a small step (ability overestimate lol, quite common for me!) and now omg! Frustrations on this mod. The cockatrice in the sewers was a nightmare (please no puns!)....I had to keep trying that scene and still think the only reason i did it was that it glitched on a ledge and let me maim it from a distance! Bugs can be useful sometimes i found out.... :)

jayjay

Enthusiast
only have to wait until the 17 of may not long now, the books names are the last wish and blood of the elves, its mostly short stories

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
Just been e-mailed witcher been posted out. Knowing Amazon will get tomorrow happy days.On 2nd week of holiday by tomorrow dinner all jobs done so a witcher treat.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
Yes but is there a partner for mdellaquaglia. I know i should not be saying this on this forum but sometimes just sometimes the computer does not come first. I mean i do have a four year old one so things arent too drastic.

Gorman

Author Level
Have taken the plunge with this game.

The graphics are bit poor and im not sure about the gameplay, perhaps im doing it wrong. I seem to be stuck on the same bit.

So i figured out the puzzle bit where you have to change your steam location to US to get the thing to start downloading and im stuck on the downloading files part 16GB. Is this a bossfight?

Gorman

Author Level
[video=youtube;sCRMZef_JN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCRMZef_JN4&feature=player_embedded#at=27[/video]

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
I have played the first game through on a hard setting a number of times. Started witcher 2 on medium keep getting killed during tutorial whats that all about.

Gorman

Author Level
I have played the first game through on a hard setting a number of times. Started witcher 2 on medium keep getting killed during tutorial whats that all about.

Yup me too, very steep learning curve and getting familiar with f5, but this game is excellent.

If you are into RPG's this is game of the year so far.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
My friend got it yesterday. Now, if it isnt WoW, he traditionally thinks other games in the genre are pants.

He likes it, so must be something going for it!

I just dont know when the chuff i'll have time to play it!