witcher 2

Gorman

Author Level
[video=youtube;90BPECahh3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90BPECahh3o&feature=player_embedded#at=81[/video]

Jimbhoy

Bronze Level Poster
Please excuse me a second....

AAAAARrrrrrggggghhhhh. verification key -

:)

That's better, sorry about that.

Bought this yesterday from 'Game'. Thought I'd save some time and just get the downloadable version rather that waiting for the postie.

Anyway, seemed to download fine after a few hrs. Got a lovely new shiney "Start Witcher 2" icon on my desktop.

Problem is, when I click on the icon to start and it asks me for my verification key - which Game were kind enough to send me via e-mail, it won't let me enter it.

I simply can't type anything into the verification key entry area.

Tried pretty much everything I can thing of. Shift / CAPS / number lock on/ off. Tried to copy & paste directly from e-mail.

Swearing doesn't seem to work either.

In all probability, I'm missing something very obvious.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Not sure about the verification problem, but completed this yesterday...and well graphically stunning and game play has all the trimmings of a christmas dinner but i found it REALLY short..only 3 chapters long which i thinks alittle dissapointing as i was really getting into it and then BAM..end of game.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
At first i could not verify either try using the letter o inplace of a zero worked for me. Sorry should have read your post more carefully if you cant enter anything cant help.

BAD SANTA

This game is amazing!

First off the graphics are probably the best I have seen ever on any game, I mean the detail is amazing, they have done a great job but you need a monster rig to run it with everything on max, my rig isn't exactly lame and with everything maxed out I only get 30 fps.
If I turn off uber sampling, yes you heard me they have a setting actually called UBER sampling then I get between 55 and 100 fps but as soon as I enable it I only get 30 fps.
personally I don't think much to the uber sampling as it makes the characters look really fake and I turn off motion blur and blur effects because I hate it when plants and stuff are blurry.

Second, the story, what a story its gripping, interesting very well written and voiced and believable, the characters all have there own quirks and traits and there seems to be quite a few ways of dealing with them, all in all its about 20 times better than the first one.

Thirdly, Thank god they have overhauled the appauling fighting system that the first one had.
the new fighting system is awsome, its easy to put combos together and even to swap weapons and signs mid fight I actually really like it although some of the finishing moves look like they have just been slapped together but other than that its really good.

Fourth and finally, Time, I am on chapter 1 and have probably played it for 8 hours or so and I haven't really done anything extra, so although somebody said they completed it quickly doesn't mean that you will as there seems to be a lot of side quests and if you do all of them it will probably keep you entertained for some time.

I would highly recommend this game to anybody and its a shame they released it this year as if it wasn't for Skyrim it probably could have been game of the year.

Stunning visuals, Great story, a must for any RPG fan O and its hard I am playing it on normal and I'm getting destroyed.

Jimbhoy

Bronze Level Poster
It's Alive!!!!

Just had to patch it.

Not very bright me.

Now just need to buy a mouse that actually works.

BAD SANTA

Wow, I hope I'm the first to find this but on chapter 1 after defeating the kayran and you go back to the town of flotsam you meet up with Triss she asks to go with you to get the Rose of remembrance, say no then track her down and say you are sorry and you want her to go with you.
Follow her to the Rose and then give her the flower, kill the bandits then when you fall down the hole tell her she needs a bath and then, well you will just have to wait and see.
I'm not sure if this is the only way to do it it's just the way I did it and I have to say I was pretty supprised.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
A...pad? PC RPG man! Mouse and Keyboard are where its at :D

I can see FPSs having a benefit from a pad, but imo, console users that want to play RPGs on their consolse should even use a mouse and keyboard :smartass:

Gorman

Author Level
Wow, I hope I'm the first to find this but on chapter 1 after defeating the kayran and you go back to the town of flotsam you meet up with Triss she asks to go with you to get the Rose of remembrance, say no then track her down and say you are sorry and you want her to go with you.
Follow her to the Rose and then give her the flower, kill the bandits then when you fall down the hole tell her she needs a bath and then, well you will just have to wait and see.
I'm not sure if this is the only way to do it it's just the way I did it and I have to say I was pretty supprised.

Yeah :)

FlacidDonkeyGuy

Bronze Level Poster
A...pad? PC RPG man! Mouse and Keyboard are where its at :D

I can see FPSs having a benefit from a pad, but imo, console users that want to play RPGs on their consolse should even use a mouse and keyboard :smartass:

What! FPS beinfiting from a pad? That comment is fail sorry (you better be joking:taz:), look the only RPG's on pc that are IMO better with mouse and keybord Dragon Age and it ilk. The Witcher 2 you only are in charge of one guy on screen. Much like a zelda game it's a action RPG not a D&D stat style game (MMO) where hit & miss are based (more) just on your stat's, dont get me wrong stat's still matter in the Witcher 2. But again it's my prefeance for instance GTA 4, Dirt 2 & Gears of War feel alien without a pad maybe it's a 3rd person/driving thing.

BAD SANTA

Why did you say "no" in the first place? Tell her yes and get straight to the point :D

lol, as I said this was the way I did it I didn't know if you had to do it a specific way to get that cut-scene but as I have done a few more quests I now see that they were not shy about great content LOL.
My misses didn't seem to share my enthusiasm though ( scratching head ).

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think anyone else in the room is going to be like "WTF?"

Witcher 2: Best Played On Your Alone Time :D

Gorman

Author Level
My mrs asked why i get that (Triss) and she gets a pale looking guy who looks half eaten (Garelt). He kind of does too.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Half eaten? Well I suppose he is as those injuries/scars etc would likely have been from monsters taken a bit at him...so in that sense, half eaten is kind of a compliment :D

Have we drifted slightly here?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I didnt say I liked them! :D

I just meant as your run of the mill FPSs are also found on consoles, I can see how theyd work...I just cant see how RPGs work with one...I think my point got a bit clouded...