Worst delivery ever

MarcMorrow138

This is nothing more than a gripe.

After waiting 42 days, and upgrading to a 3090 to get away from the never-ending 3080 queue, my PC was built and ready for dispatch on the 31st of March. It has to be sent to Ireland, after all this time it is still in England, it hasn't even made it to Ireland to then have to deal with customs.

What a shower of crap FedEx are. I'm sure there is a Cast Away pun in here somewhere.

My patience has officially gone

Saturday, April 10, 2021
11:05 AMBISHOPS STORTFORD GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:03 AMDARTFORD GBIn transit
1:42 AMRIDGMONT GBLeft FedEx origin facility
12:49 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Friday, April 9, 2021
3:38 PMRIDGMONT GBPicked up
4:17 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
9:57 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:21 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
Thursday, April 1, 2021
1:01 PM

cdileera

I'm waiting on a delivery to Ireland as well, mine was shipped on 06/04 but the path looks pretty similar to yours since then:

Saturday, April 10, 2021
1:46 PMBISHOPS STORTFORD GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:19 AMDARTFORD GBIn transit
Friday, April 9, 2021
10:08 PMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Thursday, April 8, 2021
9:44 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
3:12 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
6:16 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Guessing I should just ignore FedEx's scheduled shipping dates as they seem to mean nothing!

Fingers crossed they arrive soon, PCS were so quick getting my build ready but seems like FedEx are in no hurry.

Citrus_9

Expert
Looks like FedEx is walking to your house with a PC in hands. If that's true, it will take time... ;) Hopefully, you'll get till the Traditional Gaelic summer starts. And no, that is not "never" - that's May ;)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Be happy guys - while we're all locked down, your PC's are getting to go on a nice leisurely browse through the countryside. Even after the small easing of restrictions today it will still get to see exotic destinations - like Leeds for example - that we can only dream of visiting.

My PC took just two days to get to me - and being honest I feel a bit cheated. My system feels quite inexperienced by comparison. :cry:

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I guess the 2nd to the 6th were classed as holidays for Easter??? so perhaps that slowed Markmorrows delivery down a bit as its following CDILEERA delivery schedule now.

MarcMorrow138

I'm waiting on a delivery to Ireland as well, mine was shipped on 06/04 but the path looks pretty similar to yours since then:

Saturday, April 10, 2021
1:46 PMBISHOPS STORTFORD GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:19 AMDARTFORD GBIn transit
Friday, April 9, 2021
10:08 PMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Thursday, April 8, 2021
9:44 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
3:12 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
6:16 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Guessing I should just ignore FedEx's scheduled shipping dates as they seem to mean nothing!

Fingers crossed they arrive soon, PCS were so quick getting my build ready but seems like FedEx are in no hurry.
Mine has now moved to Stansted, seems strange considering FedEx told me it was being sent land and sea. 🤞 it's air, straight through customs and arriving tomorrow

thumb_in-castaway-2000-youll-notice-that-tom-hanks-character-works-47482925.png

fufixiil

Mine is awaiting shipment to Ireland any day now. Let's have a little race and keep each other posted. I think mine is a clear winner. (Again, not even shipped. 😂) Are we all 9 5900X and 3090?

cdileera

Mine has now moved to Stansted, seems strange considering FedEx told me it was being sent land and sea. 🤞 it's air, straight through customs and arriving tomorrow
Mine as well, still there this morning though, was hoping I'd wake up to a delivery message but maybe that was too optimistic 😂 hopefully they both arrive in the next day or two anyway!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hopefully it wont go via Charles de Gaul like some of the Irish deliveries did.......................

fufixiil

Yeah thanks a lot @fufixiil - as if I didn’t feel inadequate enough as it is with my ill-travelled PC....

I was 5600X and 1650. Maybe that’s why it got to me so quick? Nobody wanted to touch it for too long.....
Didn't mean to brag! I'm currently using an ultrabook with i7 7700hq and 1050 2GB max-q to render Cinema 4D scenes. Had to eat beans on toast for a long time to be able to afford this new baby. :ROFLMAO: I would steal your pc if it makes you feel any better!

MarcMorrow138

Good plan - just give me a day or two to upgrade my insurance policy and then I'll PM you my address and let you know when I'll be 'out'.

Actually - just thinking - are you bascially saying that you would be happy to have my PC build, but only if you could get it for free? Jees @fufixiil you're killing me! :cry:

:D
:ROFLMAO: