Worst delivery ever

I'm in Ireland too but it's not a phrase I've heard before! Perhaps it's the twisted branches of my utterly confused family tree getting in the way of my native vernacular though.......
Well I live on the north side of Dublin so maybe it’s just a phrase us ‘scumbags’ use... hahahaha

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I've got a bad case of varicose vernaculars!
Love it!

I come from a family who talk to much. It's a genetic thing I think judging by the length of our DNA.

My Mother always said 'why use a sentence when a paragraph will do?' and you've already seen me live by that motto on this forum. But varicose vernacular sums it up perfectly!

I shall borrow that one for home with your permission please....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Love it!

I come from a family who talk to much. It's a genetic thing I think judging by the length of our DNA.

My Mother always said 'why use a sentence when a paragraph will do?' and you've already seen me live by that motto on this forum. But varicose vernacular sums it up perfectly!

I shall borrow that one for home with your permission please....
It's all yours, spread the word!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Well I live on the north side of Dublin so maybe it’s just a phrase us ‘scumbags’ use... hahahaha
I was Northside originally also - I keep telling myself that my front garden is the other side of the Meath border but I think I am pushing my luck a bit.

We could have a lot of fun throwing all sorts of slang up here that no one will understand - but I have already tasked poor @SpyderTracks with editing one of my posts which contained a harmless perfectly-OK-for-your-Irish-Grannys-ears comment. So best we avoid it I think!

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Damn, I was so excited my April 1st 5900x/RTX3090 rig went to 'Building' today. Are you telling me that FEDEX are going to take longer to deliver it than it took to go from Order to Build!! LOL!

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
WRT the France thing. As someone mentioned earlier most package mail travels in the holds of commercial passenger flights. Fedex Logistics maybe had a flight going to Dublin from France sooner than from Leeds or whichever English Airport. So they ship them to France to catch those scheduled flights.....rumours start that Ireland is about to add France to the Hotel Quarantine list, passengers cancel, scheduled flight then becomes uneconomical and is cancelled. Your PC's shipped by Fedex to catch a flight from Paris to Dublin are now in France with no free cargo space on the other non cancelled Paris to Dublin flights and have nowhere to go but back to Old Blighty.

WRT the France thing. As someone mentioned earlier most package mail travels in the holds of commercial passenger flights. Fedex Logistics maybe had a flight going to Dublin from France sooner than from Leeds or whichever English Airport. So they ship them to France to catch those scheduled flights.....rumours start that Ireland is about to add France to the Hotel Quarantine list, passengers cancel, scheduled flight then becomes uneconomical and is cancelled. Your PC's shipped by Fedex to catch a flight from Paris to Dublin are now in France with no free cargo space on the other non cancelled Paris to Dublin flights and have nowhere to go but back to Old Blighty.
So what are you saying? My PC that was supposed to travel to Dublin from France is now back in France? If That is correct (correct me if I’m wrong) it had said my pc went from France BACK to England and then to Dublin (Didnt directly go from FR to Dublin) It’s just missing some paper work I think that one of the suppliers didn’t supply with the package I THINK that’s what the problem is.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
So what are you saying? My PC that was supposed to travel to Dublin from France is now back in France? If That is correct (correct me if I’m wrong) it had said my pc went from France BACK to England and then to Dublin (Didnt directly go from FR to Dublin) It’s just missing some paper work I think that one of the suppliers didn’t supply with the package I THINK that’s what the problem is.
I wasn't specifically taking about your PC, just putting forward my theory about why a few of you guys in this thread had their PC's go to France for some reason and then go back to the UK before eventually crossing the Irish Sea to Dublin.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I ain't no Sasanach!! ;);)

To our UK friends (or trigger happy mods ;);)), Sasanach is just the Irish/Gaeilge/Gaelic word for 'Englishman'.
I wouldn’t say trigger happy as much as partial to extended holidays in foreign countries.

(Mods - just for the record - my birth circumstances mean I hold two passports, and am entitled to a third. So 67% of me is appalled at what I am writing here, and I feel 33% of my forum privileges should be revoked for a decent period. About 800 years should do it. 👍)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I wouldn’t say trigger happy as much as partial to extended holidays in foreign countries.

(Mods - just for the record - my birth circumstances mean I hold two passports, and am entitled to a third. So 67% of me is appalled at what I am writing here, and I feel 33% of my forum privileges should be revoked for a decent period. About 800 years should do it. 👍)
Well I'm a Gemini and we both fully sympathise.....👬

cdileera

My PC arrived in Dublin and seems to have cleared customs this morning, but it's scheduled for delivery Monday. A little bit annoying that they couldn't just deliver it today but happy it's done its tour of Europe at least 😅

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
My April Fools 5900x/3090 rig just left the building stage and moved to Testing! Woohoo! Given the Cardboard Box and Foam Peanuts delivery supposedly arrived today, my build should ship soon and I’ll have it some time next week, a potential ‘dirty weekend’ FEDEX trip over to Paris the city of PC Love notwithstanding! :D:D:D

Last edited:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My April Fools 5900x/3090 rig just left the building stage and moved to Testing! Woohoo! Given the Cardboard Box and Foam Peanuts delivery supposedly arrived today, my build should ship soon and I’ll have it some time next week, a ‘dirty weekend’ trip over to Paris the city of PC Love notwithstanding! :D:D:D
Hey bro, great news for you: my order has been shipped today, so they definitely received the missing packaging material :D