xbox 360 controller

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
hello guys is it possible to use my old xbox 360 controller on some games in my pc or do i need to buy a compatible controller to it? many thanks

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
wired or wireless? Im not sure about wired, althoguh id presume since its usb it should work fine, wireless you need to get the wireless adapter for windows and itll work fine :).

JSG10

Expert
Yes wired will work, wireless will not unless you have the adapter and even then I think it has to be a PC specific 360 controller. They make it difficult for you...
I ended up buying a new wired controlled on offer somewhere and that works great :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Yes wired will work, wireless will not unless you have the adapter and even then I think it has to be a PC specific 360 controller. They make it difficult for you...
I ended up buying a new wired controlled on offer somewhere and that works great :)

Nope doesnt have to be PC specific :), I use both my wireless 360 co0ntroller and my wireless headset just fine :). Just you need to make sure you goto the microsoft drivers website and download the windows 7 drivers if your going to use it, they dont seem to include them in windows 7 so they dont install themselves.

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
my old xbox controller suddenly doesnt work i did install the software that i downloaded on the microsoft site? do i need to buy a controller specifically made for pc or my old controller will work? but i dunno how

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
uhm on what games u using the controller? coz i tried it on batman arkham assylum but it doesnt work....

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
uhm on what games u using the controller? coz i tried it on batman arkham assylum but it doesnt work....

Tried it on f1 2010, crysis, metro 2033, portal 2, works just fine, you made sure it's paired properly?

Also make sure the controller is on before you start the game otherwise keyboard defaults as game and menu controller.

If controller workin wen not playin a game tap the xbox button and a popup should appear showing how charged the battery is.

simchi

Teaz

Godlike
i would really like to use the 360 controller for pc gaming but those controllers never felt or suited right when gaming with them as they felt to chunky or clunky to use. preferred a ps3 controller which feels alot more comfortable.

simchi

Your right, PS3 controller is much better compared to the xbox one. I will try out my razer onza for a bit, if I don't like it I will get a new gaming mice.

Teaz

Godlike
just my personal view as the ps3 is more nicer to use in gaming. the 360 is just too chunky and doesnt feel as smooth using the buttons and i prefer my analog sticks together and not apart. tbh the 360 is a brick in my view (not flaming here, just my opinion)

it just has better compatbility than the ps3 controller since its a microsoft product. the ps3 controller i had to get some research done to get it to function.

Gorman

Author Level
Still rocking out with my original release 360 wired controller on PC, never had an issue or installed a driver. Some games can need a little tweak though.

simchi

Out of interest, is there any software out there so i can use a PS3 controller. Never really looked before.
I will be using my Sony KDL32w4000 to game with on the PC so using a mouse would mean i would be too close to screen.
I use my 42" Bravia in lounge for PS3 and 32" Bravia in bedroom as a PC monitor (space saving)

Teaz

Godlike
Out of interest, is there any software out there so i can use a PS3 controller. Never really looked before.
I will be using my Sony KDL32w4000 to game with on the PC so using a mouse would mean i would be too close to screen.
I use my 42" Bravia in lounge for PS3 and 32" Bravia in bedroom as a PC monitor (space saving)

Yup, im using MotionJoy. Doesnt work on all games like the 360 controller. some games you may have to adjust it to the 360 controller settings but you can re-map the buttons to the ps3 config.
you can try it yourself, this tutorial site should be a simple procedure with installing :)