Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
There’s a queue, so number one in the queue gets built first, then number 2 etc etc
Yes I understand that, so in reality if there is an item still outstanding the next in line will have priority over one of my assigned items? So as i has CPU assigned last week and due to case being out of stock and GPU, my CPU has now been assigned to the next person in line? Is that what your saying

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I understand that, so in reality if there is an item still outstanding the next in line will have priority over one of my assigned items? So as i has CPU assigned last week and due to case being out of stock and GPU, my CPU has now been assigned to the next person in line? Is that what your saying
Yes, absolutely. If there’s someone further up the queue that’s awaiting a part that’s been assigned to you it will go to them.

This is all explained in the stickies which you agree to read before posting.

Hello Paul

Bronze Level Poster
Anyone got any idea if there's likely to be the 5950X in stock soon and not already allocated to dozens of people already in the queue? I'm happy to configure a PC with no graphics card so I can get it sooner. I'd like a 5950X system, but think I might have to fork out for a 3970X instead to get it any time soon.

HRL

Loads of us waiting for the 5950X’s, I’m already up to 55 working days or so, and my build is already without a GPU.

Sourced a 3090FE in December so I’ve already got that covered.

There’s meant to be a shipment inbound in the next week or so but it could be stuck in the Suez Canal for all we know.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
I'm 37 working days in. Apparently my gpu isn't the problem (6700 xt) it's the 5950 that's delaying things. I hope a large delivery comes soon so a big chunk of us can progress on.

Jusr read the thread and am seriously bummed. I'm only 19 working days in, and I noticed someone with 100. I can guess where I am on the list 😔

I'm 37 working days in. Apparently my gpu isn't the problem (6700 xt) it's the 5950 that's delaying things. I hope a large delivery comes soon so a big chunk of us can progress on.
Update on the 5950's, theres supposed to be a shipment of these cpu's first week of april is what i was told twice from two different people.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
Update on the 5950's, theres supposed to be a shipment of these cpu's first week of april is what i was told twice from two different people.
Was it PCS staff who said this or forum members? It seems everytime I ask PCS on phone and live chat I get different answers. Some staff can give precise information while others simply say they don't know. Very conflicting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Was it PCS staff who said this or forum members? It seems everytime I ask PCS on phone and live chat I get different answers. Some staff can give precise information while others simply say they don't know. Very conflicting.
They’re not supposed to give any details because no one has any at the moment, it’s all in the stickies. The newer staff members bow to pressure and state dates which aren’t relevant in the current climate.

The official word from PCS staff is that there are no estimates currently.

They’re not supposed to give any details because no one has any at the moment, it’s all in the stickies. The newer staff members bow to pressure and state dates which aren’t relevant in the current climate.

The official word from PCS staff is that there are no estimates currently.
I got told on live chat, but we can only assume they said it under pressure and it probably isn't true. I guess any sort of info about ETA's is just false hope until we see it go into building.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
I've just been on live chat and was told although no guarantee, there is a shipment of 5950x coming in the first week of April. I was also told that the processor is the only part I am waiting for. The PCS staff member said he is hopeful that I would be entering build soon, providing the 5950x comes in. He said my 39 working day queue position puts me in a good place to receive a processor in the next shipment.

SioN

I've just been on live chat and was told although no guarantee, there is a shipment of 5950x coming in the first week of April. I was also told that the processor is the only part I am waiting for. The PCS staff member said he is hopeful that I would be entering build soon, providing the 5950x comes in. He said my 39 working day queue position puts me in a good place to receive a processor in the next shipment.
If you being at 39 working days is in a good place to receive a cpu in the next shipment then my 65 days should put me right at the front!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They shouldn’t be saying things like that as it’s down to the entire build and how many are in the queue in front of you. Just because all your parts are in stock doesn’t mean you go into build, all those in front of you will be served first.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
They shouldn’t be saying things like that as it’s down to the entire build and how many are in the queue in front of you. Just because all your parts are in stock doesn’t mean you go into build, all those in front of you will be served first.
Sorry I mistyped. What I mean is the PCS staff member said I'm in a good queue position to be allocated a 5950x providing the April shipment arrives and (here is the correction) "I, myself am hopeful that I will enter build soon"

artiemag

Is there any movement yet with 5900 or 5950x ? I am tempting to wait next few days but after so long wait I might cancel the whole oder :(

Hello Paul

Bronze Level Poster
I'm hoping to place an order today, and instead of yesterdays "ETA 1/4/2021" message for the 5950X, this is today's message, so some kind of progress, maybe:
Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 9.17.11am.png

How easy is it (with PCS) to change an order after it's been placed without losing one's place in the queue or is it a case of "cancel it and go back to the end of the queue"?

HRL

As far as I’m aware you don’t lose your place in the queue.

I’m now up to 60 working days but am hopeful that 5950X stock is inbound over the next couple of weeks.