Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

rajadd

Silver Level Poster
I'm day 33 waiting only for the 5900X, I'm told I should be in the next batch of deliveries if it's one of the larger-sized deliveries. Two weeks or so until build...

Last edited:

TheSabro

I'm day 33 waiting only for the 5900X, I'm told I should be in the next batch of deliveries if it's one of the larger-sized deliveries. Two weeks or so until build...
I was told the same thing, last batch did not arrive. ETA given for me: middle of February. 24 working days so far. We are close now at least

That gives me hope then, I'm 35 days 5900x and no GPU (got a 3080 on pre-order from some where else that will hopefully be fulfilled next month).

Side question- when you get your pc does it come with the extras from the building process? I.e fittings, component manuals (not needed but just interested) and all the cables for a modular PSU (even the ones not used)

Thank you every one for the updates and posts, it's been invaluable for my sanity

That gives me hope then, I'm 35 days no GPU (got a 3080 on pre-order from some where else that will hopefully be fulfilled next month).

Side question- when you get your pc does it come with the extras from the building process? I.e fittings, component manuals (not needed but just interested) and all the cables for a modular PSU (even the ones not used)

Thank you every one for the updates and posts, it's been invaluable for my sanity
Yes, ours came with all the bits, cables etc that weren't used - in a little bag

rajadd

Silver Level Poster
That gives me hope then, I'm 35 days 5900x and no GPU (got a 3080 on pre-order from some where else that will hopefully be fulfilled next month).

Yes - stay sane, it's just a computer

Tejansh

Just thought I'd give an update here since I got off the call with PCS -

Background - I'd ordered a 3080/5900 on 14th December and changed it to 3090/5950 on 13th January.

Since it had been approximately 2 weeks, I thought to check in and see if there has been any movement with my build. The guy I spoke to today said that they have 60 5950 in stock and I am around 200th in the queue. He literally counted through email addresses and gave me these numbers and said that they generally don't have such numbers visible in the system. He went out of his way to calculate this for me. He also mentioned that they have 20 more 5950s coming in on 16th February but I should expect my PC to go in build in the next month or so (earliest).

He was also helpful in explaining the pre-order queue and that it differs from the regular queue, in case of amended orders. This is helpful information and this is what he said -

- I've placed my order on 14th December and updated it on 13th January with a pre-order item - in this case, 5950x.
- Assume, person A placed a new order on 12th January with 5950x and joined the pre-order queue.
- All the other parts for both our PCs are in stock.
- In this case, person A is ahead of me in the pre-order queue. The original date of my order does not matter in this case and I'm sent to the end of the queue for 5950x.

I was under the assumption that since my original order was placed before person A, I'd be sent ahead in the queue, but that's not the case. This was only my assumption so it was good to get it clarified by PCS.

Hopefully, this helps anyone else in the same boat as me.

Sirius2188

Just thought I'd give an update here since I got off the call with PCS -

Background - I'd ordered a 3080/5900 on 14th December and changed it to 3090/5950 on 13th January.

Since it had been approximately 2 weeks, I thought to check in and see if there has been any movement with my build. The guy I spoke to today said that they have 60 5950 in stock and I am around 200th in the queue. He literally counted through email addresses and gave me these numbers and said that they generally don't have such numbers visible in the system. He went out of his way to calculate this for me. He also mentioned that they have 20 more 5950s coming in on 16th February but I should expect my PC to go in build in the next month or so (earliest).

He was also helpful in explaining the pre-order queue and that it differs from the regular queue, in case of amended orders. This is helpful information and this is what he said -

- I've placed my order on 14th December and updated it on 13th January with a pre-order item - in this case, 5950x.
- Assume, person A placed a new order on 12th January with 5950x and joined the pre-order queue.
- All the other parts for both our PCs are in stock.
- In this case, person A is ahead of me in the pre-order queue. The original date of my order does not matter in this case and I'm sent to the end of the queue for 5950x.

I was under the assumption that since my original order was placed before person A, I'd be sent ahead in the queue, but that's not the case. This was only my assumption so it was good to get it clarified by PCS.

Hopefully, this helps anyone else in the same boat as me.
So I ordered my PC with a 5950x on the 15th December, so by what your saying I should be closer to build ?

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Mine arrived today. Only gripe I have is that with the case I got it comes with 3x120mm fans so thought they would place 3 that came with the case in the front and the PCS fan at the back. But at the front was 2 Lian Li fans and one PCS.
Very nice. Looks like you got the XFX merc model which is great. (y)
Mine is awaiting dispatch so hoping to get it by next weekend. I'm in Ireland though so the shipping might be dodgy with Brexit + lockdowns.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
That's a lovely build, congratulations!

Worth the wait?
Definitely, yes there was some stressful times and many phone calls to customer support. But I kind of feel bad about it now. It is not their fault that the supply across the world is low and then you add all the companies in the UK all wanting the parts for their customers. I personally would have stopped taking orders for things like 5900X and 3080s after a bit. As these are just so hard to find and all it will do is cause a wait. If was then I would take off from being selected even as a pre-order till everyone that has already ordered has had one. They are trying their best to get stock but also putting more weight on their shoulders and also causing a little upset to the customers who just don’t see how hard they are working or what orders they have roughly got up to.

I am now just in the process of installing everything again and can’t wait to play some game as I didn’t even attempt to play them on my old PC which was a I7-3770K @4.6ghz and a 970GTX. It will do for the fiancé to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and Two Point Hospital. I got the new delivered at 12:00 but was still sorting the old one. Hard drives wiped, new windows and drivers installed. All her games and then a quick spray with an air can to clean it out. Didn’t even start on mine till 16:00 and then had to use the conversion kit to change the front mesh, side panel to mesh and different feet. But all worth it now and can’t wait to play tomorrow. The problem is which game to start first. Jedi Fallen Order or AC: Valhalla which was a freebie for getting a Samsung M.2.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Definitely, yes there was some stressful times and many phone calls to customer support. But I kind of feel bad about it now. It is not their fault that the supply across the world is low and then you add all the companies in the UK all wanting the parts for their customers. I personally would have stopped taking orders for things like 5900X and 3080s after a bit. As these are just so hard to find and all it will do is cause a wait. If was then I would take off from being selected even as a pre-order till everyone that has already ordered has had one. They are trying their best to get stock but also putting more weight on their shoulders and also causing a little upset to the customers who just don’t see how hard they are working or what orders they have roughly got up to.

I am now just in the process of installing everything again and can’t wait to play some game as I didn’t even attempt to play them on my old PC which was a I7-3770K @4.6ghz and a 970GTX. It will do for the fiancé to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and Two Point Hospital. I got the new delivered at 12:00 but was still sorting the old one. Hard drives wiped, new windows and drivers installed. All her games and then a quick spray with an air can to clean it out. Didn’t even start on mine till 16:00 and then had to use the conversion kit to change the front mesh, side panel to mesh and different feet. But all worth it now and can’t wait to play tomorrow. The problem is which game to start first. Jedi Fallen Order or AC: Valhalla which was a freebie for getting a Samsung M.2.
It's gotta be really tough trusting that any company is going to come through with such weak communication and long wait times, plus when you're investing such large sums of money.

It's easier for us who've dealt with them before and have some trust already there.

I'm really pleased you got it at long last. Get those games installed! I'd go for AC: Valhalla for the visuals, really show off what the system can do, also a great game.

I've just finished a call with one of the PCS agents (didn't say their name) and he said that judging by my build position my order will be built in the middle of february (ordered during christmas, processed on 29th of december), 23 working days for now, but it'll go up to like 40 I believe
Good to know. I ordered exactly the same on the 24-12-2020, and went into pre-production on the 05-01-2021. Hopefully can stop paying for cloud compute soon... :cry:

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Mine is 1 day into pre-production after ordering late on Thursday evening with a 5900x and 3060ti. I suspect things will go a bit more slowly from here. That doesn’t worry me. My current aged machine is from PCS and I previously bought a laptop from them for my wife. I now have some time to clear a space for the new beast and order my new monitor (and possibly make mods to my order).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mine is 1 day into pre-production after ordering late on Thursday evening with a 5900x and 3060ti. I suspect things will go a bit more slowly from here. That doesn’t worry me. My current aged machine is from PCS and I previously bought a laptop from them for my wife. I now have some time to clear a space for the new beast and order my new monitor (and possibly make mods to my order).
And of course do the little dance to the silicon gods!