Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Hmmm - I decided to test out minecarts since they were fixed in SMP, but when riding one, the screen went black, and I couldn't do anything. I logged out and logged back in and saw this....

I was walking around, next to myself :S
Glitch.png

And more... a workbench appeared on top of the powered minecart, with my other one trapped.
Glitchv2.png

My 'body' just seems to stay there - I can build through it (ish), though I may just build around it. Keep it as a monument lol :p

Last edited:

Al.Neri

Super Star
is it still doing it? if all goes well, I should have my new computer this time tomorrow, so I'll probably be spending a fair chunk of time on minecraft tomorrow night getting back into the swing of things. I'll probably be exploring a bit to get familiarised with my locations again, so if I come across where you are, I'll see if it's a local thing, or if it appears for me as well.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Erm, I have no idea where I am compared to everyone else lol - I wandered far far from the main bit when I first entered the game, and I'm on one of those little islands shown on the map a few pages back I think, just not sure which one :p.

Don't wanna use the /home command either, and try to find it again, cause It'll never happen lol.

I'll find someone eventually, but it would be great if we can get an updated map/view thing, so I have a bearing of which direction to go in. Need to redo some of my minecart tracks anyway - doesn't work being pushed up steep slopes.

I made a lil' monument to the glitch while its still there, if anyone finds it :p.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Built one, but I think I'll find my way there tomorrow when I'm back on my own computer (that works well :p).

Minecarts seem to hate me. How well do they work for everyone else? Can you destroy a Minecart that you've placed? (I can't).

Might make a video tomorrow to show off my glitch, as well as my minecart tracks, to see if there's anything glaringly obvious wrong with it.

Al.Neri

Super Star
does anyone know where the single player game saves are located on windows 7? I am trying to transfer my saves from my old computer but I can't for the life of me find them on my new one.

Sleinous

Author Level
Erm, I have no idea where I am compared to everyone else lol - I wandered far far from the main bit when I first entered the game, and I'm on one of those little islands shown on the map a few pages back I think, just not sure which one :p.

Don't wanna use the /home command either, and try to find it again, cause It'll never happen lol.

I'll find someone eventually, but it would be great if we can get an updated map/view thing, so I have a bearing of which direction to go in. Need to redo some of my minecart tracks anyway - doesn't work being pushed up steep slopes.

I made a lil' monument to the glitch while its still there, if anyone finds it :p.

Build a powered mine cart to push u up :D

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Lol, I got home, loaded up minecraft on my pc, and found my other body had disappeared. oh well lol, maybe it was just on that pc it went weird :s.

does anyone know where the single player game saves are located on windows 7? I am trying to transfer my saves from my old computer but I can't for the life of me find them on my new one.

Should be C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves, though your'll need to have hidden files and folders as viewable.

Build a powered mine cart to push u up

Been using powered carts to push me, but they always seem to go through me or keep reverting to a previous position on the tracks and going again. It might just the the comp I was on (?), like the previous thing, so I'll try again now I'm home.

Edit - A video showing some of the things I've built on minecraft, but moreso some of my current tracks. All walked on :p as minecarts are meh.
Anything particularly wrong with the tracks (apart from the mega uphill bits?)

[video=youtube;Xhfni63o5KM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhfni63o5KM[/video]
Best watched in 480p, but still low quality really.

Last edited:

Al.Neri

Super Star

I think I just found your base, you are situated to the north west of me. if you have a compass, follow the direct heading to the spawn point, you will have to pass through, or pass nearby where my base is. it has 2 finished stone entrance towers leading up to a partially finished stone mansion. the 2 towers are connected by a glass floored viewing platform on top. you can't miss it, especially at night, because it's covered with torches. judging from the location you are in, \I'm probably the first one you will come across in the game.

JSG10

Expert
I'm a little lost as to the attraction of this game? I've seen a number of videos of it... Is it just building and mining stuff? In a really poor quality pixelly graphics massive world? :S

Al.Neri

Super Star
I just tried playing MP again but I think the server is messing up again, for no reason at all, I would get so far then I would instantly lose all my health then die and respawn at the spawn point.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
I think I just found your base, you are situated to the north west of me. if you have a compass, follow the direct heading to the spawn point, you will have to pass through, or pass nearby where my base is. it has 2 finished stone entrance towers leading up to a partially finished stone mansion. the 2 towers are connected by a glass floored viewing platform on top. you can't miss it, especially at night, because it's covered with torches. judging from the location you are in, \I'm probably the first one you will come across in the game.

Will do, although, which base did you find - mine are all connected by a path of sorts. Did you find one with big 'SPIKO' written on top of it, 'SGC' written on top of what looks like a castle, or something else? Also, theres a huge tower near one of my bases as well, should be really visible.

Al.Neri

Super Star
Will do, although, which base did you find - mine are all connected by a path of sorts. Did you find one with big 'SPIKO' written on top of it, 'SGC' written on top of what looks like a castle, or something else? Also, theres a huge tower near one of my bases as well, should be really visible.

the one with SGC on. walk straight towards the spawn point from that location and it should take you past my base

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Lol I just logged in and instantly died. No idea how. I just did :S :O

Now I've gotta find my way back to my base and find my stuff. Bummer :(.

One of those maps thingies would really be helpful now lol :p

Al.Neri

Super Star
hmmm, I got killed for the 4th time just walking, it's like I'm being attacked by invisible mobs or something. I'm unsure whether it's a server issue, or something that was patched into the game. it seemed to start after it downloaded something.

Lol I just logged in and instantly died. No idea how. I just did :S :O

Now I've gotta find my way back to my base and find my stuff. Bummer :(.

One of those maps thingies would really be helpful now lol :p

yeah, same, and I lost my diamond tools, along with a good haul of diamonds!!

from what I can tell on the minecraft forums, a few people are experiencing it

Last edited:

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
I just tried playing MP again but I think the server is messing up again, for no reason at all, I would get so far then I would instantly lose all my health then die and respawn at the spawn point.

yeah I just got this as well while trying to find my base. Bug since the update methinks lol.

I give up till it's fixed.

Also, I discovered a few things trying to find my base - I thought my building skills were about ok... but then I saw stuff like this and other things....

wow2.png

Wow. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.