Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al.Neri

Super Star
yeah I just got this as well while trying to find my base. Bug since the update methinks lol.

I give up till it's fixed.

Also, I discovered a few things trying to find my base - I thought my building skills were about ok... but then I saw stuff like this and other things....

wow2.png

Wow. :eek:

that's my base

Al.Neri

Super Star
just tried to join the MP server but got an error message, someone on the minecraft forums said people running servers might need to download & run the latest server software to fix it.

Gishank

Bright Spark
I thought that a mere reboot of the server would update it? Given that the client application auto-updates. Anyhow what's the IP of the server for those of us who want to play using the standalone application? lmao

Sleinous

Author Level
Nope, Gorman has to do it I think, well whatever happens, he cant do till he's back at work :) Put it that way.

Al.Neri

Super Star
have to say, I noticed a few glitches in the server before it went down, he might want to check those out as well sometime. I had great difficulty destroying blocks as they would just keep reappearing when destroyed. another problem is when joining the server, no scenery would be loaded so I would continually drop until it popped up, at which point I would lose about half of my health.

also, there seemed to be a stutter in the day night cycle, the sun would seem to take 2 steps forward then 1 step back as it tracked across the sky. the days and nights were a lot longer because of it.

all this only adds to the problems with mobs being back and having the ability to turn invisible when you are close by.

Gorman

Author Level
server has memory leaks and very little resources allocated to it. Memory leaks get bad when its been up a while and not restarted.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
New update that fixed a big memory leak bug came out today anyway :)

AIDS is free, but somethings in life should be avoided :p

Last edited:

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Apparently invisible mobs are the result of having the client side difficulty set on peaceful and the server set on a difficulty with mobs (so all others). It's quite common if ya google invisible mobs, but there doesn't seem to be a fix coming around nor does it seem of much importance to everyone. (relatively). Only way to get round it is to change difficulty so ya can see them all.

I guess it's called survival multiplayer for a reason :p. Although, twould be nice to not have creepers continually blow my stuff up, or jsut manage to find my base without being massacred by evil monsters. :(
So for now, I just started a new one

There was also a link to 'getsatisfaction' on the minecraft update a few days ago - a community to list bugs etc, so Notch has some idea as to what needs to be fixed and which first.
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang

You could go here and click I have the problem too - the more people notice, the more likely something will be done at some point.
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/invisible_mobs_difficulty_setting_in_smp-2fs5m

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.