RECOIL 15 MISSING CPU and GPU Power Limits and NVIDIA Whisper Mode.

barlew

Godlike
Ok new fresh instal of windows.
View attachment 32270
Letting windows update
View attachment 32271
After that was done it is still updating stuck at 20%
View attachment 32272
In device manager it only gives me an error for these 2 drivers
View attachment 32273
cpu is still slow even after letting it update for a while.
This is what is bothering me the most. and they told me they fixed it after I send it back for RMA. But the problem is still there.
Before I upgraded to Windows 11 it was not like this.

Gonna let it on over night see if it fixes it.

Based on the device manager image, I think I need to install the WLAN driver and AMD Radeon Driver.
which is exactly what I did the previous time. Can someone correct me before I am going to have the same problem?
So the image of windows update you have posted has loads of updates left to install. Have you let them install yet? They need to all be installed before you do anything else.

Can you expand the Display Adapters and show us what is in there?

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
So the image of windows update you have posted has loads of updates left to install. Have you let them install yet? They need to all be installed before you do anything else.

Can you expand the Display Adapters and show us what is in there?
1644356577897.png

1644356599798.png

This is after I have restarted a few times
Currently the instal of the next update takes ages because my CPU is slow when ControlCenter is not installed properly. I think this is not suposed to be like this. It should run at base speed regardless. I think the when I updated the control center on Win11 It knocked some value's in my bios.

barlew

Godlike
View attachment 32274
View attachment 32275
This is after I have restarted a few times
Currently the instal of the next update takes ages because my CPU is slow when ControlCenter is not installed properly. I think this is not suposed to be like this. It should run at base speed regardless. I think the when I updated the control center on Win11 It knocked some value's in my bios.
I actually think you may be right, either that or the version of CC you installed is bugged and it has damaged your hardware, although I have no evidence to back it up. Even before Windows is configured your CPU should be running much higher than that.

I would advise you finish all the updates. You will have to do a load of restarts. And then install the Windows 10 CC and see what happens.

This is basically why I am still running Windows 10 on my Valeon. I do not trust 11 or the related hardware drivers and CC yet.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Before making assumptions, it's important to start at a baseline.

Firstly, you need to have a properly configured windows in order to do any troubleshooting.

Then we can determine if the processor is still running slow and why.

It could be a number of reasons, including thermal throttling, but without a clean windows, it's impossible to tell more.

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
Before making assumptions, it's important to start at a baseline.

Firstly, you need to have a properly configured windows in order to do any troubleshooting.

Then we can determine if the processor is still running slow and why.

It could be a number of reasons, including thermal throttling, but without a clean windows, it's impossible to tell more.
Working on it. I will call pcs after I have done all this. Like I said before, I RMA'd this laptop specifically for this before. The people at PCS just installed an older version of ControlCenter and called it a day. The moment you uninstall it, the cpu goes back running at 0.40ghz. This is the origin of all my ishue's.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Working on it. I will call pcs after I have done all this. Like I said before, I RMA'd this laptop specifically for this before. The people at PCS just installed an older version of ControlCenter and called it a day. The moment you uninstall it, the cpu goes back running at 0.40ghz. This is the origin of all my ishue's.
But so far we don't know if it's an issue, that's the point.

The system isn't configured until windows is properly configured. Until then you can't tell anything.

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
1644358463071.png

Windows is up to date.
1644358493307.png

I installed the wlan driver from my download page.

Now only the Multimediacontroller is missing which is AMD Radeon driver.
Windows cannot find it. So I am gonna install it from the windows10 download page.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
View attachment 32277
Windows is up to date.
View attachment 32278
I installed the wlan driver from my download page.

Now only the Multimediacontroller is missing which is AMD Radeon driver.
Windows cannot find it. So I am gonna install it from the windows10 download page.
You still haven't installed optional drivers? Before installing ANYTHING else at all, you have to be sure windows is configured.

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
You still haven't installed optional drivers? Before installing ANYTHING else at all, you have to be sure windows is configured.
1644359019928.png

In windows update there are no optional updates left. Thats what you mean with optional drivers right?

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
It is done there is nothing to update

1644359863033.png

Can I Install AMD Radeon now?
Also my cpu still runs at 0.40ghz