Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Delaney

I called PCS Thursday and was told it was definitely being built Friday morning.
My only problem i have is that every time I’ve spoken to someone theyve told me its going to be built within 15 days and now going past that. I understand with the COVID stuff as i have explained but if its going to be past the 12-14 days then i kind of would expect an e-mail stating that it will be. Not everyone who buys a computer is going to look on the forums at the posts.
My last e-mail that i got from PCS was that it was on track for the 12-14 days

If i am wrong I apologise

Madfish

Delivery timeframes are absolutely shocking. Having to wait maybe 4 weeks in total from the date of placing the order to actually receiving it is disgraceful. I can only assume they have thousands of orders and no staff.... No option to pay for fast track. I wouldn't recommend ordering from PCS. Those lead times need to be reduced dramatically or we should be told how long it takes to build and not given estimates after spending 2000 pounds. Shocking company with shocking waiting times.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Delivery timeframes are absolutely shocking. Having to wait maybe 4 weeks in total from the date of placing the order to actually receiving it is disgraceful. I can only assume they have thousands of orders and no staff.... No option to pay for fast track. I wouldn't recommend ordering from PCS. Those lead times need to be reduced dramatically or we should be told how long it takes to build and not given estimates after spending 2000 pounds. Shocking company with shocking waiting times.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed there’s a pandemic going on?

With the way this thread is heading we may end up locking it. Just to warn you. It’s not conducive to positive expectations.

Madfish

EDIT: Sentence removed by mod: Please watch your language, these are family friendly forums, no swearing please

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser

So what should PCS be doing then? Completely ignoring the entire Coronavirus situation and violating all government guidelines and common-sense to build computers a bit quicker? Acquire hardware out of thin air given that some items, such as PSUs are suffering a worldwide supply issue? It is impossible to provide anything other than an estimate as it is impossible to tell what they can get their hands on or when. And the removal of fast-track was entirely appropriate and shows them to be responsible. To expect business as usual in these difficult times is totally unrealistic.

Madfish

12-14 working days is too long regardless of covid 19 or not. 14 working days minimum to build a PC and send it out is really bad. Sorry you disagree but that's the actual reality. They give you those long times on purpose so you pay for fast track simple as that. The fact I've already waited 2 weeks has stopped me from cancelling. If I knew it took around 4 weeks when I ordered i wouldn't have ordered. Funny tho because if you got to order a PC from PCS RIGHT NOW they say it will be there by the 20th June LOL. What a joke

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
12-14 working days is too long regardless of covid 19 or not. 14 working days minimum to build a PC and send it out is really bad. Sorry you disagree but that's the actual reality. They give you those long times on purpose so you pay for fast track simple as that. The fact I've already waited 2 weeks has stopped me from cancelling. If I knew it took around 4 weeks when I ordered i wouldn't have ordered. Funny tho because if you got to order a PC from PCS RIGHT NOW they say it will be there by the 20th June LOL. What a joke
You quite clearly have no idea what it's like to run a business building PCs and laptops. If we consider building a single PC or laptop on its own then you're right, four weeks is completely unreasonable. What you don't know (and neither do I) is the volume of orders that PCS are currently working with. Nor do you know (and again, neither do I) what restrictions on throughput have had to be implemented because of COVID-19 mitigations by PCS. On top of all that, it's clear from the activity we're seeing on these fora that the 'stay at home' requirement has caused more people than usual to order new PCs and laptops. Thus PCS have a situation where they're dealing with more orders than usual and (most probably) with fewer people and less throughput than usual. The disruptions in the global supply chain, and remember a lot of the components come from the Far East where the 'lockdowns' have been far more severe and longer, coupled with the disruptions in the transport and delivery chains for the same reasons has almost certainly thrown PCS's JIT schedules awry leading to unusual stock shortages, especially of popular components. Given all these unusual factors, none of which are under PCS's direct control, four weeks from order to delivery isn't that unreasonable.

Your statement that They give you those long times on purpose so you pay for fast track simple as that is not just wrong it's defamation. You cannot use these fora to deliberately tarnish the reputation of PCS, especially by making false and unproven allegations. In fact defamation is expressly forbidden under the forum rules.

You are entitled to post negative opinions of course, but they must be based on fact. I see you have had one post removed already, so take this as a final warning, if you cross the line again you will be banned.

stegor

Bright Spark

Where does it say that it will be 20th June? It currently says 15-18 working days when I looked. That is 29th June at the earliest.
Patience is a virtue...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Every single PC supplier and builder in the UK is in exactly the same situation. PCS have never been remarkable, positively or negatively, with their shipping times and estimates...... they have simply been as honest and forthcoming as possible.

I would honestly laugh if you did cancel @Madfish as all that would happen is you would buy elsewhere, with a potentially even longer queue and joining the end of that line all over again.

Check lead times anywhere. I just waited 2 weeks on a car seat to be delivered...... which didn't require any assembly, testing or anything other than being picked from the shelf and dispatched via a courier.

Everything is taking longer, even the least complex transactions available. Even amazon are struggling with supply and demand of certain items and look at the size of their warehouses.

I don't know what difference putting forward a reasoned response is going to be though, as some people are just unwittingly unreasonable by nature.

d25bev

Ordered on the 15th May with a 12-14 working day quote & i must've been one of the first orders for the new intel cpu's after they went up for pre-order (to be released a few days later) as i was waiting on them. Was told 4-5 days ago they hadn't got of what i ordered & wouldn't know when they would. A little annoying but no biggie, decided to change from a KF to a K for £20 & did so within about 12hrs.

Currently still sitting at pre-production on 15 working days with it looking very unlikely it'll be dispatched before 20 working days & a month after i ordered.

Am i annoyed? Yes. Especially as i ordered for a birthday that's been & gone.
Would i have ordered elsewhere if it had said it wouldn't have been dispatched for a month? Yes & i don't think it's right that i was told one thing for it to then seemingly increase every day.

However, i'm sure they're working as hard as they can to fulfil the orders they need to & they've been polite in the interactions I've had with them. Nobody asked for this whole pandemic thing & it has slowed things down considerably for many businesses.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ordered on the 15th May with a 12-14 working day quote & i must've been one of the first orders for the new intel cpu's after they went up for pre-order (to be released a few days later) as i was waiting on them. Was told 4-5 days ago they hadn't got of what i ordered & wouldn't know when they would. A little annoying but no biggie, decided to change from a KF to a K for £20 & did so within about 12hrs.

Currently still sitting at pre-production on 15 working days with it looking very unlikely it'll be dispatched before 20 working days & a month after i ordered.

Am i annoyed? Yes. Especially as i ordered for a birthday that's been & gone.
Would i have ordered elsewhere if it had said it wouldn't have been dispatched for a month? Yes & i don't think it's right that i was told one thing for it to then seemingly increase every day.

However, i'm sure they're working as hard as they can to fulfil the orders they need to & they've been polite in the interactions I've had with them. Nobody asked for this whole pandemic thing & it has slowed things down considerably for many businesses.

I don't think anything you have said here is in any way unfair. I was miffed with my car seat also, and I called them up to exclaim my frustration. Of course they were apologetic etc, but my annoyance was due to the fact I called up pre-order to enquire specifically about stock availability and eta. Before the money was out my account it was 7 days, on day 7 that changed to approx 10-14. THAT annoyed me.

This was after vocal interaction with the sales team though, rather than estimated lead times from an automatic tracker.

The thing is, no matter where you look to purchase from you will find the situation to be exactly the same. If PCS had suggested a month, my guess is anywhere else advertising 14 days, approx, would have fallen foul to the exact same delays.

SeeJrdn

Hey guys!

I too have placed an order recently - can't wait for it to come! Still in the pre-production stage but I understand we're in the middle of a global pandemic, so regular operations are being disrupted. Looks like PCS recruited technicians recently to assist during the pandemic, had a cheeky read at the roles on indeed :)

I've been looking at the order status guide and was hoping someone can give some information on what kind of notes would be added during the in building & testing phase? Are they likely to be short and basic notes or covering progress or compatibility issues?
Also, during the pre-production phase, I assume they may be waiting on certain parts to come in - would they notify us if a specific part is not likely to come in or..?

All the best,

D

DeletedUser

Hey guys!

I too have placed an order recently - can't wait for it to come! Still in the pre-production stage but I understand we're in the middle of a global pandemic, so regular operations are being disrupted. Looks like PCS recruited technicians recently to assist during the pandemic, had a cheeky read at the roles on indeed :)

I've been looking at the order status guide and was hoping someone can give some information on what kind of notes would be added during the in building & testing phase? Are they likely to be short and basic notes or covering progress or compatibility issues?
Also, during the pre-production phase, I assume they may be waiting on certain parts to come in - would they notify us if a specific part is not likely to come in or..?

All the best,

My understanding, specific notes would only be added if there were issues...for example, if they needed to test it for longer as something was concerning them...if it went to QC checks and something amiss was found, that sort of thing. Based on my own experience (which was, admittedly, the fast-track as this was back in January), the order status just updates when it enters a new phase...so, when building starts it will tell you and who is building it, then when testing happens, QC and finally when it's ready to go to the dispatch area

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hey guys!

All the best,
On my last desktop they emailed me to tell me the RAM I'd ordered wasn't in stock and they didn't know when they'd get replacement stock. They upgraded my RAM for free.

majestic_sj12

Did someone order a laptop with an optimus case (17.3") ?

I ordered one may 9 and still in pre-production.

Last edited:

Craig_PC

Good video here on the global situation... the knock-on of this parts shortage could be a factor (although I don't profess to know the inner workings of PCS's supply chain and storage, if they are JIT I would imagine this is impacting them in the same way it's impacting anyone else trying to build a PC right now)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There is nothing at all wrong with using these fora to ask questions about the order/build/delivery process, or what might happen if parts you ordered are out of stock, etc. but there is nothing useful to be gained by posting that there was no movement on your build today, or complaining that PCS don't email you every day with an update.

We've all been where you are, we know that waiting for your build to be shipped seems like a lifetime. Yes, it's horribly frustrating and we all sympathise because we've all done it ourselves. All builds spend 95% of their time in 'pre-processing' or 'processing', what that means is that your'e in a queue and your order has not yet moved into building. PCS build orders as fast as they are able to given the constraints under which they have to work, and we've discussed those at length on here already. When your order does move into build, it's built, tested and shipped within two or three days typically.

Please keep your posts to questions that others might be able to answer and refrain from posting 'why is there no movement on my build today' posts. Thank you. :)

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Just a quick question, are the parts I choose saved for my build when I pay for it? For example, if a part is now out of stock but was available when I made the purchase, am I still going to get this part?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just a quick question, are the parts I choose saved for my build when I pay for it? For example, if a part is now out of stock but was available when I made the purchase, am I still going to get this part?
When the order goes into pre-processing the parts are allocated at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.