Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaio

Enthusiast
If they dispatch Thursday, wouldn’t it arrive Friday ?

That's IF they dispatch Thursday. Mine was ready on Wednesday and it got dispatched on Friday, if it's not done Thursday evening, maybe past 9 to be sure, then on Friday morning you can ring and get it changed to Saturday delivery. That is of course if you want it sooner.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is going to make you young 'uns chuckle, but when I was a lad (and that's a long time ago) I was well into home electronics (transistors were only just becoming commercially available back then). I decided to build my own stereo amp (stereo was a big deal back then too). Here's how it went....

1. Buy a home electronics magazine. Find an advert for a company that sold all the components you wanted.

2. Write off (we didn't have a telephone then) for their catalogue. Wait two weeks.

3. Browse the catalogue making a list of all the components you needed. Add up the total and add the shipping cost.

4. Go to the Post Office and buy a postal order for the amount you had to pay.

5. Write a letter containing your order (or use the form in the catalogue if it had one), enclose the postal order, and post it. Wait three weeks to a month.

6. Receive box of parts. Unpack excitedly.

7. Realise you forgot to order some parts. Go back to item 1 again.

Now you can order a PC online and get it delivered and working in a couple of weeks! Next thing you know they'll be sending men into space....! 🧐

CRMS

I think the time scale on the website is misleading. I ordered 16 May and went pre-production 22 May.
On Monday, I saw "order 1 June, get 17 June", and yesterday "order 2 June, get 18 June". Well, 16 May to 2 June is the same 17 days and my machine hasn't started build.
So, the 12-14 days might be the time for getting the parts on the bench. But doesn't include build, soak testing, despatch and delivery. Add another 7 days for that. Customer service said build late this week.
The website shouldn't be so optimistic. Order 3 June, get 25 June would be a more accurate banner.

Troy2801

I think the time scale on the website is misleading. I ordered 16 May and went pre-production 22 May.
On Monday, I saw "order 1 June, get 17 June", and yesterday "order 2 June, get 18 June". Well, 16 May to 2 June is the same 17 days and my machine hasn't started build.
So, the 12-14 days might be the time for getting the parts on the bench. But doesn't include build, soak testing, despatch and delivery. Add another 7 days for that. Customer service said build late this week.
The website shouldn't be so optimistic. Order 3 June, get 25 June would be a more accurate banner.
I think all the people waiting on the laptop frame that people have been going onabout that have finally come in have taken priority. my mate ordered the same pc as me a week earlier and on the 12th day went to in building and he had it 2 days later. I ordered mine 17th May now on working day 13 and still in pre production. I see a lot of people on here saying their laptop orders have gone into building over the last couple of days. It is frustrating but what can you do just got to wait it out. Every day I look the average delivery days keeps going up now on 17.13 days. I don't think we will get ours until mid next week unfortunately :(

D

DeletedUser

Please bear in mind that 2 different systems order

The time scale isn't really misleading, just most people will think ti means time to order to time of receipt....the time scale is the current "lead time" which usually refers to the time prior to something taking place, in this case being a system being built. So, while I believe it's still accurate, most people won't understand what lead time actually means

D

DeletedUser

Think a lot of us are praying for the 'suddenly start building friday, and test, and despatch for delivery saturday' - think the reality will be start build on Monday, and pray for delivery by Wednesday...

You won't get that time scale...even with an expedited 5 day build before all this happened, a build started on Monday got delivered Thursday

Jay1law

Did you do anything special to manage this? Think quite a lot of us are on 13 days right now (12 inc Bank hol) and I'm still being told the build will begin early next week...
No, nothing special except for a couple of emails asking on the progress (told yesterday it would be next week) Hopefully yours will go into building tomorrow also.

Craig_PC

I'm glad this support group is here... gives me something else to look at when I'm not refreshing the order page! (Oh, and instead of my actual job!)

If my boss sees this, I am joking of course!

TomBerry

Bright Spark
There we go folks! The build time has gone from 12-14 working days now to 13-15 working days, only one day but it's heading up!

Hopefully not too long until building time for me :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 202

Troy2801

Looking forward to doing some refreshing tomorrow.... in fairness Jay may have ordered on the thursday night, whereas i ordered the sunday - that is quite a few real days difference
did you order on the 17th? and has yours gone into build today mines the 14th day and still pre production I will wait around dinner time and if not will contact them to see if there is any issues contemplating cancelling and just getting a next day one

D

DeletedUser

I read a post somewhere on the site that said some components (especially PSUs) are becoming harder to source so that would likely explain the increase in lead time....not sure why you seem happy about the 1 day slower lead time though :unsure: At least, that's how your post comes across to me (I am probably just reading it wrong...wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood the tone of a post :ROFLMAO:)

Status
Not open for further replies.