Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeletedUser

did you order on the 17th? and has yours gone into build today mines the 14th day and still pre production I will wait around dinner time and if not will contact them to see if there is any issues contemplating cancelling and just getting a next day one

This is the perfect example of why this whole thread is bad...you cannot compare your build time to someone else's as it will likely have completely different parts...this would be like me going into a car showroom and ordering a brand new car and you going into the same showroom but ordering a different car...one car may not have a certain part in stock so it would get delayed.

Even with identical builds ordered on the same day there is no guarantee they would be built the same time....one part may only have one left in stock so one would get built while the other waited for the part to arrive.

All this thread is doing is creating huge amounts of confusion and stress and is no longer serving any sort of meaningful purpose

Troy2801

well when your friend orders the same pc and gets it delivered on the 14th day and on the 14th day you are still in pre production it is a bit disheartening, it's human behavior. I'm sure 9 out of 10 people would feel the same, yes I may be being a bit impatient but again I can't help feeling like that and this page is good to discuss concerns and get feedback from other people. Yes I agree with what you are saying in most part but still rather have this page than nothing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I read a post somewhere on the site that said some components (especially PSUs) are becoming harder to source so that would likely explain the increase in lead time....not sure why you seem happy about the 1 day slower lead time though :unsure: At least, that's how your post comes across to me (I am probably just reading it wrong...wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood the tone of a post :ROFLMAO:)
Yes, this is a worldwide shortage of various components, PSU's being the immediate shortage with other things about to get difficult also.

steaky360

Live chat told me yesterday that my pc would be built today which got me very excited. I rang up to see if there was any possibility of me paying for next day delivery and even foregoing the rigorous testing just to speed up the delivery...

On the phone I was told the build won't start until early next week with delivery most likely on Thursday. Incredibly frustrating how live chat could lie about the delivery and give me false hope!
I highly doubt anyone lied - there could be many reasons why the anticipated build date wasn't met and forgoing testing is never an answer its not in PCS's interest to do that as they could end up sending out a PC with faults which would've been found during testing. I do agree though they should have been more clear if it was only an estimate/anticipated build date rather than telling you it was going to be done and then subsequently failing to deliver.

On the plus side, you should have your PC by next Friday!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeh 'lied' was used as an over the top word - there is obviously no incentive for them to genuinely lie! If it is next Friday, that would be WD20 - I hope people are aware this is a very real possibility for their order rather than the assumed WD15 when you place the order
As we’ve said countless times, the dates given are estimates, and just that, this is why this thread is so dangerous because you’re all giving each other unreasonable expectations which lead to dissatisfaction like this and unnecessary calls to PCS chasing orders which puts further delays on the build processes.

j.conquer

Just gotta be patient and go off the official updates rather than trying to guess whats going to happen. Ultimately its built when its built and you can be happy or unhappy about it but you won't get it any faster.

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Let us not forget what is going on in the world. Perspective guys. It’s not going too far to say the system builders are going into work every day, putting themselves at risk to keep the PCS wheels turning, when a lot of us are sat at home, out of harms way. It’ll be built, just stay patient. Ps, I too am waiting on a system so I feel your frustration.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeh of course, I think that's why people are more antsy currently while waiting - there is nothing else to do! Sitting around waiting for something to arrive is pretty much my main hobby currently...
Then find something constructive to do, don't just sit around, there's so much to do just on the internet alone, do a training course, or watch a film you've never seen. Wash the car, do the gardening, there's masses you could do. You're going to drive yourself crazy otherwise.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Once the PC arrives and is set up I intend to get out of central London to my parents so there is more outside space! Not many with cars and gardens here... Outside lockdown London is a lovely place to live - in lockdown it doesn't show its best side however
Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t. Makes life much more enjoyable.

yeh of course, I think that's why people are more antsy currently while waiting - there is nothing else to do! Sitting around waiting for something to arrive is pretty much my main hobby currently...

I feel your pain. I've placed my order on the 27th of May and it hasn't moved from Pre-Production since. I contacted live chat out of curiosity and after the estimate, I almost felt like cancelling the order and get my refund. But then again re-ordering from another place would eventually lead to even further waiting times. There's no other way but wait, unfortunately.

Then find something constructive to do, don't just sit around, there's so much to do just on the internet alone, do a training course, or watch a film you've never seen. Wash the car, do the gardening, there's masses you could do. You're going to drive yourself crazy otherwise.

Yes, that is all fair and dandy but there's always so much you can do. In my case, I really need the desktop to arrive not only because I want to play my games but also because I work from home and my laptop is on its last breath. I try to keep my mind busy with a multitude of hobbies ( that I already had before all this began nonetheless ) but eventually, I also want to sit at my desk, grab my headset and enjoy some time with my friends and play games.

Cheers

I ordered mine on the 17th May and it is still in pre-production so unfortunately your wait is likely to go on a while longer... I think if I knew what I know now I would have put it together myself. I need mine for my side hustle where I can make a couple hundred a day so its frustrating that every day costs me a lot!
don’t tell me that otherwise I’ll collapse. I just didn’t order the parts and assembled it myself because the last time I did that it was 18 years ago. I made a considerable investment now and didn’t want to play with my odds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.