Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
The worst thing about the current situation isn't the wait, it's the fact my build has slowly crept up in price as I keep thinking, 'this is going to be a once in 5-7 year purchase, treat yourself'. It's gone from a shade under £1500* to £1800. Very cunning PCS, very cunning.

*excluding divorce costs

TomBerry

Bright Spark
The worst thing about the current situation isn't the wait, it's the fact my build has slowly crept up in price as I keep thinking, 'this is going to be a once in 5-7 year purchase, treat yourself'. It's gone from a shade under £1500* to £1800. Very cunning PCS, very cunning.

*excluding divorce costs

Prices will change to demand and availability, youve got to think that when the price goes up for you it goes up for PCS too when they’re trying to source the parts :) I made my purchase on the 18th May but it will definitely be worth the wait!

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Prices will change to demand and availability, youve got to think that when the price goes up for you it goes up for PCS too when they’re trying to source the parts :) I made my purchase on the 18th May but it will definitely be worth the wait!

You may have misunderstood. It has been me constantly upgrading my parts over the last few weeks that has drained my wallet. I just can't leave it alone. I'm weak.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
You may have misunderstood. It has been me constantly upgrading my parts over the last few weeks that has drained my wallet. I just can't leave it alone. I'm weak.

Ohhh I understand, sorry about that :) That’s what I’ve done too, upgraded my build 5-6 times hahaha

macjim

Bronze Level Poster
Click on My Account (top right corner), then there's a little bar at the bottom right of your screen with Live Chat :) Won't appear on mobile though

Thanks - I found the problem, Live Chat is blocked on my Work Laptop - I logged in using my current PC, it was stable for a full 10 mins! and Live Chat appeared.

Hopefully they'll start the build early next week...........

ArcheKlaine

12th working day here and still in pre-production 😬😬😬

Thats cute. :LOL:
2020-06-15_112716.png

Im expecting mine to be delivered in day 24 as the average dispatch rate now at 22 days.

Lockistaf

I ended up contacting them just to get a small update on it, apparently mine is heading into build phase mid this week according to the woman on the other end. :)

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
I wouldn’t base your expectations around what you are told as the situation seems to be changing daily. There are loads of examples in other threads of people being guided to a particular point in time and then being left disappointed when it doesn’t enter building. From my own experience I would expect your lead time to be AT LEAST the 22/23 working days being guided to. That’s assuming you’ve ordered a product with all the parts in stock.

PcPip

I ended up contacting them just to get a small update on it, apparently mine is heading into build phase mid this week according to the woman on the other end. :)

I was told the same thing - currently on 16 working days of pre-production. Really hoping I get it this week as I'm off work next week and have nothing else to do!

d25bev

I wouldn't get your hopes up people. I'm on working day 22 & still in pre-production. A month after i ordered. I've given them the benefit of the doubt so far but it's getting a bit ridiculous now. If i'm still in this position at the end of the week i imagine my patience will have run out.

D

DeletedUser

I wouldn't get your hopes up people. I'm on working day 22 & still in pre-production. A month after i ordered. I've given them the benefit of the doubt so far but it's getting a bit ridiculous now. If i'm still in this position at the end of the week i imagine my patience will have run out.

Any other company would have the same issue...there are worldwide shortages of certain parts like PSUs so it's not PCSs fault..they are doing everything they can. Even places like Amazon are having issues with stock on computer parts and accessories

PcPip

Urgh that's rough - hoping you get it soon!

d25bev

Any other company would have the same issue...there are worldwide shortages of certain parts like PSUs so it's not PCSs fault..they are doing everything they can. Even places like Amazon are having issues with stock on computer parts and accessories

I understand & agreed with that last week. But then i contacted another very popular & reputable brand. Everything i needed was in stock (all the parts that are supposedly short on supply, even checking now, they still are in stock) & had i ordered with them last week i would've had the build delivered before the end of this week. Whereas the build i ordered here a month ago almost certainly won't arrive until next week now.

Edit: Just checking with 2 other companies, they both have all the items in stock & specifically say they have no delays on orders currently.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I understand & agreed with that last week. But then i contacted another very popular & reputable brand. Everything i needed was in stock (all the parts that are supposedly short on supply, even checking now, they still are in stock) & had i ordered with them last week i would've had the build delivered before the end of this week. Whereas the build i ordered here a month ago almost certainly won't arrive until next week now.

Edit: Just checking with 2 other companies, they both have all the items in stock & specifically say they have no delays on orders currently.
Don't believe the hype.... these are worldwide shortages, it's not something specific to PCS.

Look at any of the tech online stores, they're all out of stocks.

It's not just the stocks, any custom build site saying they can ship you a build within a week is just outright lying.

By law they can't have their full staff in, they have to have half their usual staff and leave every other work site free to obey social distancing. And that's not accounting for high risk people who have to self isolate still.

They, like everyone else, are just wanting your business.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
We've posted this before but shall again:

Aside from Corona, you've also got the US trade war affecting worldwide shipments:

Basically since corona hit, the world has been relying on warehouse stocks which have now dried up.

China didn't produce for over 3 months, like at all, since the chinese New Year. They're still not up to full production. It's not hard to appreciate this is a worldwide difficulty.

Then today or yesterday a damn huge cargo ship hit the thames.... perhaps your parts are on it https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2...est-container-ship-sails-into-thames-estuary/

Last edited:

d25bev

Don't believe the hype.... these are worldwide shortages, it's not something specific to PCS.

Look at any of the tech online stores, they're all out of stocks.

It's not just the stocks, any custom build site saying they can ship you a build within a week is just outright lying.

By law they can't have their full staff in, they have to have half their usual staff and leave every other work site free to obey social distancing.

They, like everyone else, are just wanting your business.

Or.. just maybe, other companies have handled this better.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Nobody on here, with the exception of the few PCS employees who visit, has the slightest idea of the difficulties with stock levels that PCS are facing, nor the difficulties with personnel numbers or working conditions that they're also having to manage during the COVID emergency.

You're welcome to post your personal experiences, your personal frustrations, and share factual information on here, but please stick to what you know. If this thread descends (again) into a vehicle for PCS bashing I will lock it without further notice.

Via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.