Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys need to chill, I know it's frustrating having to wait but there's nothing you can do to speed things up.
My estimated build day has been pushed back a couple of times so far but it is what it is. The PCS guys I've spoken to have been helpful, friendly and honest about the situation and getting mad at them isn't going to do anything.
It's going to be so sweet when my rig does arrive though :)

simgeniej

You guys need to chill, I know it's frustrating having to wait but there's nothing you can do to speed things up.
My estimated build day has been pushed back a couple of times so far but it is what it is. The PCS guys I've spoken to have been helpful, friendly and honest about the situation and getting mad at them isn't going to do anything.
It's going to be so sweet when my rig does arrive though :)

Yeah I guess all you can do is wait! Can't expect a fast turnaround given the current situation. May I ask when you ordered yours? I'm on day 12 and live chat said my estimated build date is tomorrow so I'll just have to wait and see

I’m on day 15, been told estimated build date of Wednesday (was pushed back from today) so realistically I’m not expecting delivery until next week now

radhumble

I'm kinda jealous of everyones double digit working day counts hahaha, looks like a long wait ahead for me!

ooff.PNG

Crawfo

Tomorrow will be 31 workings days for my order, currently still 'in testing' (for 10 days) due to an issue with a batch of processors (so i'm told). I'm remaining zen about the whole thing.

This is an unprecedented world wide issue, I'm more than willing to cut a lot of slack.

SeeJrdn

Anyone had to update their Bios with Gigabyte?

I was reading the BIOS update post (specifically paragraph two) and I'm worried about accidentally updating something I thought was required and voiding the warranty.
Are BIOS updates regular and crucial to PC operations?

It mentions in the post to check with PCS regarding BIOS updates - my order was recently dispatched and I assume there will be a few windows & driver updates. I'm wondering if I should give them an email just to query for anything BIOS related?

All the best,

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyone had to update their Bios with Gigabyte?

I was reading the BIOS update post (specifically paragraph two) and I'm worried about accidentally updating something I thought was required and voiding the warranty.
Are BIOS updates regular and crucial to PC operations?

It mentions in the post to check with PCS regarding BIOS updates - my order was recently dispatched and I assume there will be a few windows & driver updates. I'm wondering if I should give them an email just to query for anything BIOS related?

All the best,
Any new build will be on the latest BIOS. You only need to update the BIOS if you’re having a specific issue that the update addresses and you’d need to contact PCS to do it with their guidance.

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Just to add some additional information on the PSU situation, I spoke to PCS this morning and it appears the RMx series - specifically the 750w variants - aren't going to be in stock until at least the 29th June. I didn't clarify if that affected the other wattages of this variant of PSU. This, from what I was told, is a supplier issue, not a PCS issue. Adjust your expectations accordingly. There are other PSU's available too so you can always up/downgade to your hearts content.

macjim

Bronze Level Poster
Just to add some additional information on the PSU situation, I spoke to PCS this morning and it appears the RMx series - specifically the 750w variants - aren't going to be in stock until at least the 29th June. I didn't clarify if that affected the other wattages of this variant of PSU. This, from what I was told, is a supplier issue, not a PCS issue. Adjust your expectations accordingly. There are other PSU's available too so you can always up/downgade to your hearts content.

When I saw your reply about the RMX750 PSU, which my system uses, I called PCS - that's 30 min of my life I won't get back!
System should go into build later today, hopefully ship Thu/Fri ( If Fri then I can call and upgrade to a Saturday delivery)

My current torture schedule

Processed Date : 21 May
Pre-Production : 22 May
Working Days : 18
Calendar Days : 26

29 May – PCS email saying order has been processing for 5-6 days, current dispatch is 12 – 14 days
02 June – Asked when order would be processed, email reply potential build 11th June, delivery the following week.
12 June: Asked what the status was. Reply – expecting to go into build early next week
16 June(early next week): See above

While I understand PCS are having problems with staff and stock during the current fun and games, the constant slipping of dates is frustrating. Give us realistic expectations on a dates and we'll be happy.

But in the end it is what it is. It's a PC not life and death.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
When I saw your reply about the RMX750 PSU, which my system uses, I called PCS - that's 30 min of my life I won't get back!
System should go into build later today, hopefully ship Thu/Fri ( If Fri then I can call and upgrade to a Saturday delivery)

My current torture schedule

Processed Date : 21 May
Pre-Production : 22 May
Working Days : 18
Calendar Days : 26

29 May – PCS email saying order has been processing for 5-6 days, current dispatch is 12 – 14 days
02 June – Asked when order would be processed, email reply potential build 11th June, delivery the following week.
12 June: Asked what the status was. Reply – expecting to go into build early next week
16 June(early next week): See above

While I understand PCS are having problems with staff and stock during the current fun and games, the constant slipping of dates is frustrating. Give us realistic expectations on a dates and we'll be happy.

But in the end it is what it is. It's a PC not life and death.

It’s hard for them to give realistic expectations when it’s always changing day to day - this is with every company :) I ordered on the 18th and only got it 3 days ago, it’ll be worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

I have no special insight of course, but I am quite certain that if PCS could give you dates that don't slip then they would. They're not doing this just to annoy you after all. :D

macjim

Bronze Level Poster
I have no special insight of course, but I am quite certain that if PCS could give you dates that don't slip then they would. They're not doing this just to annoy you after all. :D

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you :oops:

My order got sent for delivery last Friday and was to be delivered today but the tracking hadn't been updated on it since Friday. So I rang up to make sure it would still be delivered today, lmao Dpd lost it. No clue where my pc is, it's not their fault though as I'm probably the most unlucky person in the world haha. The guy emailed a bunch of people to see if they can find it so fingers crossed I guess.

grant01

Currently sitting at 18 days pre-production now. My friend got his built tested and delivered in 8 days.......

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My order got sent for delivery last Friday and was to be delivered today but the tracking hadn't been updated on it since Friday. So I rang up to make sure it would still be delivered today, lmao Dpd lost it. No clue where my pc is, it's not their fault though as I'm probably the most unlucky person in the world haha. The guy emailed a bunch of people to see if they can find it so fingers crossed I guess.
Oh that must be a nightmare... [emoji33]

It will be trackable though so it will turn up eventually. [emoji846]

Via Tapatalk

Robiiin

I feel like if they can’t conform to a schedule then they shouldn’t give a date period no? Like I get the rona is messing with everything but still some of the waits and date changes are excessive..

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I feel like if they can’t conform to a schedule then they shouldn’t give a date period no? Like I get the rona is messing with everything but still some of the waits and date changes are excessive..
Well they're dammed if they do and damned if they don't! If they just said 30 days and left it at that you'd be howling when people posted that they were getting their builds much faster.

I also think you're being disingenuous saying that delays are 'excessive' . The delays will be as short as they can be for each particular build and PCS will be doing the best they can in extraordinary circumstances.

I think part of the problem is that people have become acustomed to ordering stuff online and getting it within days. Amazon have a lot to answer for. Welcome to the real world.

Via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.