ASUS ROG Strix 3080

AdmDread

I received my build yesterday and it indeed had a ROG Strix which seems to be the OC version since it has a boost clock of 1935 which the OC version has. So that’s good news to people waiting customer support told me I’m extremely lucky since they only received a few of them.

ADRMik

When you order
I received my build yesterday and it indeed had a ROG Strix which seems to be the OC version since it has a boost clock of 1935 which the OC version has. So that’s good news to people waiting customer support told me I’m extremely lucky since they only received a few of them.
When you ordered Pc???

Did anyone who ordered/received the strix have an option for the OC version? Or did they just order the strix (I’ve only ever seen an option that doesn’t specify) and then the one they received was the OC?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Did anyone who ordered/received the strix have an option for the OC version? Or did they just order the strix (I’ve only ever seen an option that doesn’t specify) and then the one they received was the OC?

It’s only been an option of ‘10GB ROG Strix’ on the configurator, nothing more specific than that. So the people that are getting an OC version are just getting a little Brucie bonus.

kozuki

Enthusiast
reviving this thread a little - I've been seeing increasing amounts of people complaining about the strix models (both 3080 and 3090) having issues with the fans, sounds like one of the fans is touching the shroud at certain speeds producing a very unpleasant sound, there are threads on official ASUS forums collecting info from people with these problems, I was wondering if anyone here, who received a strix card is having a similar problem?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
reviving this thread a little - I've been seeing increasing amounts of people complaining about the strix models (both 3080 and 3090) having issues with the fans, sounds like one of the fans is touching the shroud at certain speeds producing a very unpleasant sound, there are threads on official ASUS forums collecting info from people with these problems, I was wondering if anyone here, who received a strix card is having a similar problem?
I've passed this up to PCS and asked whether they might look out for this issue in Q&A. :)

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered on 4 Oct and still no sign of a PC (although I'm aware that others have been waiting a lot longer)

kozuki

Enthusiast
I've passed this up to PCS and asked whether they might look out for this issue in Q&A. :)
Thank you, here are some resources for that:

And the two forum threads on ASUS forums

kozuki

Enthusiast
most people are saying that it's either a sagging issue that imbalances the fans, or the shroud is not tight enough, so maaybe tightening the shroud or making a brace might help it, but it's best to wait for an official response. No idea how many are affected, but seems like enough to make a fuss

ShivT

I’ll have to check but what I can say straight off the bat is that I have as much of a clue as you. Hence why I’ve got PCS to build it.