ASUS ROG Strix 3080

ChaoticK

@kozuki please don't spread disinformation.

At 65 working days today, my pc went into building and testing. Yesterday, I'd decided that if it hadn't gone into build by 70 w/d I was planning on cancelling the order. THAT's how close your incorrect information came to cancelling my order (and I would imagine others who're watching this thread)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

At 65 working days today, my pc went into building and testing. Yesterday, I'd decided that if it hadn't gone into build by 70 w/d I was planning on cancelling the order. THAT's how close your incorrect information came to cancelling my order (and I would imagine others who're watching this thread)
I think the lesson here is don’t rely on any feedback on the forum. Contact PCS directly if you’re concerned about wait times.

ChaoticK

I think the lesson here is don’t rely on any feedback on the forum. Contact PCS directly if you’re concerned about wait times.
Absolutely - I'd been getting myself wound up and annoyed by the apparent lack of transparency by PCS (which is why I'd been considering cancelling.

Guys, don't give up, the Asus 3080s ARE coming in (obviously!) and the PCS guys will get to you at the earliest possible chance they can. They don't want us waiting any more than we want to be waiting.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster

To be fair to Kozuki, I was told by PCS themselves that they were not expecting any until March.

But Ghosthud has mentioned previously that orders can randomly appear at any point.

I swapped from STRIX to standard and got my PC on Christmas Eve. For me it was worth swapping.

kozuki

Enthusiast

Never intended to do that, my post was written when the information about ASUS cards was that they're not expected anytime soon, written by PCS staff here, now as they got one shipment in, all of that information is irrelevant, so yeah. And as spyder said, trust the seller, not people on the forums

Gavras

Master Poster
I think it’s the case that everything is quite literally changing day to day, stocks arriving without warning, shipments being cancelled last minute.

What’s true one week could massively change the next.
Exactly this, PCS have said they are pretty much searching every Avenue and looking under various rocks to get stock.

from real world experience, a supplier can tell you at 10am that no stock for 5 weeks, then 5 mins later some due next week, AND Then... Goods In phone you and say they have a box of them just arrived.

when dealing with short supply items, there is no certain Tito other than uncertaintie.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Even after owning Strix ever since i can remember this has now got out of hand.

I feel that there is no way of getting a 3000 series Strix on the private market let alone through a pc manufacturer. After jealously watching others on the forums switch out and get a faster build i released this is the way i will go.

Today i switched from my 3080 Strix to a "standard" one in hope of a faster build. I have a liquid series build coming so im hoping that the thermal difference that Asus boasts about wont make a difference.
I would suggest searching before posting, and then reading through the history, there's plenty of information on why strix models aren't available.

order placed 27th Nov, in pre production for 41 working says now. hopefully stock starts coming in again soon but at this point, it will be what will be!

Arsenal

59 working days here. ROG Strix 3080 / 5950X.

No additional info since the PCS email on Jan 14th outlining the options available to receive the build sooner rather than later. Decided to keep waiting so looking at March/April at the very least🤞

Aria03

I'm at 57 days, sent them an email after the last batch of cards asking for a queue position/if any other components in my build were out of stock and they replied saying they currently have no ETA for the next batch. Would appreciate more communication even if the situation remains the same as we've all been waiting for a good while at this point.

Arsenal

Yeah at this stage I would prefer to keep waiting. I've come this far! 😁

There was a post on the standard 3080 thread last week where someone who ordered in late November had a rig with the Strix 3080 going into build. I ordered mine on November 11th. Makes me think I'm stuck in the perpetual GPU/CPU wait.

eboy

Just to let you guys know, my build and was processed 6th Oct 2020. Beginning of the week Monday I was informed it has been built and is now in testing. So that is 84 working days and should get shipped off this week if testing goes well.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Just to let you guys know, my build and was processed 6th Oct 2020. Beginning of the week Monday I was informed it has been built and is now in testing. So that is 84 working days and should get shipped off this week if testing goes well.
Glad to hear that you are finally seeing the light. I'm at 24 day. I'm expecting a 150 day wait at minimum. If I get to 100 days with no movement. I might switch to a generic 3080 or downgrade. I picked a 3080 for the idea of future proofing more than need. The machine is purely for gaming. I won't really do much else on it.

eboy

Glad to hear that you are finally seeing the light. I'm at 24 day. I'm expecting a 150 day wait at minimum. If I get to 100 days with no movement. I might switch to a generic 3080 or downgrade. I picked a 3080 for the idea of future proofing more than need. The machine is purely for gaming. I won't really do much else on it.
I really hope for you it doesn't take more than a 100 days. Amazes me the supply seems to be getting tighter and the price from when I originally bought it has really gone up!