ASUS ROG Strix 3080

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Unfortunately there's not much to say...yes, maybe a weekly email to say "nothing has changed, no ETA on stock" would at least be something but others have said that an email like that every week would annoy them. It's a no-win situation they find themselves in....annoyed customers but no information from NVIDIA/ASUS about when stock will appear
Yeah. The best we know if that Nivida says stock will move around the end of their Q1 and that's April. So maybe PCS will be lucky and get a bunch in then.

Is it possible to change an order from a normal 3080 to a Strix 3080 ? The option is greyed out on the card selection menu when I try to change my order. Live chat says that no agents are available.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is it possible to change an order from a normal 3080 to a Strix 3080 ? The option is greyed out on the card selection menu when I try to change my order. Live chat says that no agents are available.
If its greyed out its probably out of stock

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
So is the normal 3080 :confused:
While that is a shame. Its a good thing in a way. Means you won't be stuck in a queue of 1000 orders waiting to see if one drops. Just keep a close eye on the forums and check daily for new stock.

However if it was me. Id sign up to some stock alerts if you are not already doing so. Id try and get a pre-order for the cards even if they are more than MSRP. Then just build here without the GPU and self install.

But I'm still watching to see if I can drop on one that is reasonably priced.

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, I ordered back in Nov 5th, CPU 5900X and GPU Asus Strix 3080, i had many convo's with PCS with different stories each time and gave me a que number 199.

Arsenal

Hey, I ordered back in Nov 5th, CPU 5900X and GPU Asus Strix 3080, i had many convo's with PCS with different stories each time and gave me a que number 199.
My last email from Jan 14th said PCS received 96 Strix 3080s since early December. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Did they tell you the Strix was the only component they were waiting on?

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
My last email from Jan 14th said PCS received 96 Strix 3080s since early December. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Did they tell you the Strix was the only component they were waiting on?
Well at first i was only waiting on the GPU now I'm waiting on both CPU and GPU, so I have no idea, as every time I call or speak to someone on Live chat there is no consistency

Wozzaa

About right

Attachments

• 3080.jpg
    3080.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 191

Arsenal

Well at first i was only waiting on the GPU now I'm waiting on both CPU and GPU, so I have no idea, as every time I call or speak to someone on Live chat there is no consistency
Ok thanks for the info. I'm in the same boat then it seems.

One or two people on here said they got the Strix 3080 with orders from late November. I was told that the GPU was the only hold up for mine. Obviously that's no longer the case 🙁

There was a post on the standard 3080 thread last week where someone who ordered in late November had a rig with the Strix 3080 going into build. I ordered mine on November 11th. Makes me think I'm stuck in the perpetual GPU/CPU wait.
I ordered mine with a Strix 3080 on the 6th November and the status is still in pre production which means they probably haven't started it yet. Apparently its on a first come first serve basis according to when the system receives orders but after reading the forums, I dont think this is the case at all.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I ordered mine with a Strix 3080 on the 6th November and the status is still in pre production which means they probably haven't started it yet. Apparently its on a first come first serve basis according to when the system receives orders but after reading the forums, I dont think this is the case at all.
They’ve identified a flaw in the system where people were able to swap cards and effectively beat the queue, this has now been stopped.

Check out @Ghosthud latest posts on the 3080 thread, I can’t post a specific link as an mobile.

Hello group, been on the sides lines for a while and I can tell it's time to say my piece............

Hi, I am Andy and I have been in Pre-production for 50 days.........

stay strong brothers and sisters.....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello group, been on the sides lines for a while and I can tell it's time to say my piece............

Hi, I am Andy and I have been in Pre-production for 50 days.........

stay strong brothers and sisters.....
Welcome, Andy.... it is the way.

bungchow

Bronze Level Poster
hello all,

been lurking as i expect many have. thought i might throw my numbers into the ring.

3080strix/5900x build ordered on 7th december, up to 44 working days now.

haven't bothered to ring pcs to find my queue number as i expect it doesn't matter much. how has everyone been passing the time waiting? im thankful that my 980ti hasn't quite died yet so I've been playing old steam games I never got round to finishing, like dishonoured and westerado :D

thoughts&prayers to u all <3