Blade Runner Beverage

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
AD4A410E-BF41-4DD8-8114-FF903B1FD57F.gif

Order placed! Should be with me second half of next week and I’ve a nice Dalwhinnie in the drinks cabinet to fill the glass. There’s also a bottle of Widow Jane on order so I’ll have a good bourbon to sip as well.

When everything falls into place I’m planning to watch Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 with the new glass and the beverages in a single late night session. I can’t wait!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
View attachment 29614

Order placed! Should be with me second half of next week and I’ve a nice Dalwhinnie in the drinks cabinet to fill the glass. There’s also a bottle of Widow Jane on order so I’ll have a good bourbon to sip.

When everything falls into place I’m planning to watch Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 with the new glass and the beverages in a single late night session. I can’t wait!
Sounds an awesome idea

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
View attachment 29614

Order placed! Should be with me second half of next week and I’ve a nice Dalwhinnie in the drinks cabinet to fill the glass. There’s also a bottle of Widow Jane on order so I’ll have a good bourbon to sip.

Oh, YES, now that's the way to do it, suitable whiskey plus the films!

That's like the perfect evening!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
View attachment 29614

Order placed! Should be with me second half of next week and I’ve a nice Dalwhinnie in the drinks cabinet to fill the glass. There’s also a bottle of Widow Jane on order so I’ll have a good bourbon to sip as well.

I discovered the 15 years old of Dalwhinnie this summer, and it's became one of my favourite !
So, wich bottle will you use to wish the new glasses an happy new home ? :D

And that sound like a really good plan !

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Two thought collide in me :
-the whisky aficionado that know that this shape is (for now) the best kind of to drink whisky (tulip glasses) :

(a link from the first whisky seller in france)
-the SF fan that forget everything else just want to say : DO IT ! (even if for a phd student like me, it's to expensive XD)

I'd suggest to open a topic about whisky, but i think it would be against the forum, or the moral, rules ^^"

just saw that the French seller have a nice package, if you want

You beat me to it about the best glass for whisky

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Living in Aberdeenshire means I live close to the Whisky trail. Distillery visits are always a good bet when visitors appear, as long as I am not the driver.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
All this talk of whisky is inspiring me to pour myself a Laphroaig. Islay malts can’t be beaten (or pronounced) in my book.
I’m with you there. Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Caol Ila and Bunnahabhain are amongst my favourites but I’m branching out. Mrs C complains that they smell like TCP 😆

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You beat me to it about the best glass for whisky
I have a tulip style glass, this is merely a somewhat geeky indulgence. And looking at the stats, it holds 37cl (!) so some people might argue it’s a better glass 🤪

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I’m with you there. Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Caol Ila and Bunnahabhain are amongst my favourites but I’m branching out. Mrs C complains that they smell like TCP 😆
It is really only Laphroaig that smells like TCP. There is also Bruichladdich and Port Ellen (distillery closed) and a new distillery. We once spent a December week at a resort in Aviemore and a whisky tasting was held with 4 different malts a bog standard Speyside (Glenlivet), one from a small Speyside distillery, another I don’t remember and Laphroaig. As my wife doesn’t like whisky, I had 8 to drink. Most of the 20+ people in the room would go near the Laphroaig due to its pungent smell, so I had another 10+ drinks. Later I joined in the line dancing, which is something I would never do, although the lines were probably not very straight.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I forgot Ardbeg, which should not be done.

I used to belong to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society which sold cask strength single cask malts. There was a tasting session in Aberdeen where there were 4 or 5 hand poured cask strength malts to try. A non-drinking driver was definitely required.