Blade Runner Beverage

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Later I joined in the line dancing, which is something I would never do, although the lines were probably not very straight.
png-clipart-line-art-squiggly-line-angle-innovation-thumbnail.png

Bigfoot

Grand Master
It is possibly so expensive as the distillery was closed in 1983, although it has now reopened and its first release may be available in 2032

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It is possibly so expensive as the distillery was closed in 1983, although it has now reopened and its first release may be available in 2032
I bet those new first releases will be worth something if you’re lucky enough to get one and hold onto it for a few years.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Fair enough !
(Never drank Johnnie Walker whisky, how are they ?)
They’re all blends, so some malt purists won’t go near them.

The Red is vile, only good for pouring down your drains.

Black is a decent sipping whisky and has remained popular for many a year. Doesn’t have a harsh burn, it just warms nicely.

Double Black Label has a bit more peat and smoke in the flavour, but there’s single malts that do that better at a similar price.

Blue is excellent, one of the highest quality blends available and well worth a try if you see it on a bar shelf or a bottle on offer. Very smooth indeed.

Green Label is my favourite, despite being cheaper than the Blue. It’s like fiery honey, which is a good thing 👍

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They’re all blends, so some malt purists won’t go near them.
I was like that until the day i tasted the Compass Box bottle named "Spice Tree"
And i was like "I'm such a moron, never be to sure about what you think and start questionning"
If you find a bottle, give it a try, it's a really nice one that deserve some attention ^^

And thank you for this review ^^

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Disaster. My order for a bottle of Widow Jane has been cancelled due to stock issues. But on the bright side, the goodwill credit I’ve been issued with has allowed me to pick up a bottle of Maker’s Mark 46 with change left over for another JW Black Label.

I cannot wait for Friday night. Mrs C has an early shift so she’s planning on an early bedtime. I’ve got the glass, I’ve got the whiskies and I’ve got a worryingly large bag of dry roasted peanuts.

BUT HERE LIES MY QUANDRY…

I also have several different versions of Blade Runner and I would appreciate the input of the hive mind, for we are legion.

Do I watch the version I grew up with, the original 1982 cinematic cut with the much maligned narration from Harrison Ford?

Do I watch the Director’s Cut with narration removed and the deletion of the so called ‘happy ending’?

Or do I go for the Final Cut? The one that Ridley Scott is most proud of but I personally feel is one that he’s done so with the benefit of a lot of hindsight?

My gut tells me to go with the cinematic cut… it might be the worst but this whole scenario is an exercise in nostalgia. Am I right to do so?

Opinions, please!