Blade Runner Beverage

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
‘I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time… to die.’

If that isn’t the up there amongst the best death scenes in cinematic history, something is seriously wrong in this world.
That scene on the roof literally leaves me breathless, it's so beautifully done, the words, Harrison Ford's silence, the rain, the lighting, all of it is just absolutely perfect.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That scene on the roof literally leaves me breathless, it's so beautifully done, the words, Harrison Ford's silence, the rain, the lighting, all of it is just absolutely perfect.
I eventually opted for the Director’s Cut so avoided the narration that takes the edge off that powerful moment. You’re right, it’s perfect.

And we also shouldn’t forget one of the best shouty lines in film that comes shortly afterwards from Edward James Olmos - ‘It’s too bad she won’t live… but then again, who does?’

I may have just spent £78 on the original soundtrack on vinyl. Don’t tell Mrs Cooper 🤐

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I eventually opted for the Director’s Cut so avoided the narration that takes the edge off that powerful moment. You’re right, it’s perfect.

And we also shouldn’t forget one of the best shouty lines in film that comes shortly afterwards from Edward James Olmos - ‘It’s too bad she won’t live… but then again, who does?’

I may have just spent £78 on the original soundtrack on vinyl. Don’t tell Mrs Cooper 🤐
Ha ha ha! Amazing! Do you mean an original copy?

It was one of the first records I bought when I started collecting again in 2016, such an epic soundtrack.

I thought Hans Zimmer did a really good job on the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack as well, imagine having Vangelis' legacy to live up to, only a real genius could have gotten anywhere close.

If you want a cheaper copy that is extremely good for around £20, would recommend this one:

But I do think a record of this quality deserves an original pressing.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ha ha ha! Amazing! Do you mean an original copy?

It was one of the first records I bought when I started collecting again in 2016, such an epic soundtrack.

I thought Hans Zimmer did a really good job on the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack as well, imagine having Vangelis' legacy to live up to, only a real genius could have gotten anywhere close.

If you want a cheaper copy that is extremely good for around £20, would recommend this one:

But I do think a record of this quality deserves an original pressing.
Went for an original pressing! Seeing as Mr Bean’s Holiday has had a fairly profound impact on my life I thought I should do Mr Vangelis justice. And I’ve still got plenty of whisky left over so I can watch Mr Bean 2049 tomorrow and make another impulsive purchase 👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
9196BE24-F9EA-4F45-81B0-C53AE87C5918.gif

Bigfoot

Grand Master
It was awesome, I’d highly recommend it. My next project is to buy a P-5000 Powered Work Loader and watch the film Aliens in it 👍

View attachment 29784
What’s the appropriate drink for watching this? Perhaps the Arbroath Kiss could make an appearance. If I remember correctly, there was an alternative version of 1 part whisky, 1 part Irn Bru with deep fried tablet sprinkled on top. For those not familiar with it, tablet is something like a harder fudge.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What’s the appropriate drink for watching this? Perhaps the Arbroath Kiss could make an appearance. If I remember correctly, there was an alternative version of 1 part whisky, 1 part Irn Bru with deep fried tablet sprinkled on top. For those not familiar with it, tablet is something like a harder fudge.
As xenomorph blood is acrid and highly acidic I’d have to go with something like a Laphroaig 25 cask strength. That stuff could eat through your stomach lining.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You may want to try a good old bottle of Calvados (alcool made of fermented apple) to reach the acidity :D

Bigfoot

Grand Master
As xenomorph blood is acrid and highly acidic I’d have to go with something like a Laphroaig 25 cask strength. That stuff could eat through your stomach lining.
Laphroaig won’t eat through my stomach lining. 25 years north of the border and longer drinking Islay malts has made me immune.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Aquavit might fit the bill. I tried it while working in Norway, but wasn’t is a hurry to have some more.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Now you mention it @AgentCooper when you said about the Harrison Ford voice over in the original version, I was confused as didn't remember it.

I don't think I've actually ever watched the original version at all which I feel very ashamed about, so gonna have to do that soon.