Call of Duty Console vs PC?

MeveM

Bright Spark
No, my argument is that if you want to be more involved get a PC. If you just want to chillax, then get a console.
Also depends what games you play, I will always advice any FPS player to get PC, that said, racing/beat 'em ups and such games are imo better on console.

Also, people who play many different games during the same day, I'd advice PC, can't be doing with all the disc swapping on a console. and you can't just tab out to read a bit on the internet.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
No, my argument is that if you want to be more involved get a PC. If you just want to chillax, then get a console.
Also depends what games you play, I will always advice any FPS player to get PC, that said, racing/beat 'em ups and such games are imo better on console.

Also, people who play many different games during the same day, I'd advice PC, can't be doing with all the disc swapping on a console. and you can't just tab out to read a bit on the internet.

Id say console is as involved easily as PC, dont see why youd say any different, id actually also say that most people will have a bigger tv than they would have pc monitor and so may even get a better experience on a console even with worse graphics.

I think FPS has its good and bad points on both and I think its quite hard to compare, tbh I think it comes down to personal preference, not which oen is actually better.

Many differnet games isnt a problem, the whole thing with steam and downlloading games or registering them so that you dont have to use the disc is something PS3 and Xbox both have, you can download the games of the marketplace and you dont need a cd.

As for tabbign out, tbh I dont tab out of games ever, if i wanna play a game then thats what I do, if I need the internet I just wait till ive finished playing.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Probably a bad example, but a example none the less.

Think its a hypocritital world, since these days everyone wants a smart phone that can do everything, yet people would prefer a console which can only do one thing.

Normal phone = Console
Smart phone = PC

So I don't get it why anyone would want something that can do less of everything in every field availible.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
There is so much Personal Preference in this thread, I think it might spontaneously self-combust soon!

I mean, ofc Frenchy is wrong, but still :D

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Probably a bad example, but a example none the less.

Think its a hypocritital world, since these days everyone wants a smart phone that can do everything, yet people would prefer a console which can only do one thing.

Normal phone = Console
Smart phone = PC

So I don't get it why anyone would want something that can do less of everything in every field availible.

People want a smart phone because its extremely useful, when out I can look up maps, check train times, play games when bored on train etc, this is deffinately an advantage to the smart phone. This functionality can be added without affecting the way in which phonecalls work or text messages.

Witha console, the OS is designed specifically with games in mind, it is a minimal OS which allows extremely limited operations and therefore I think tis very much the correct way to go, limiting it to games / films, that sort of thing. I also dont think theyre stuck, your not going to want to word process on your tv, its a gimick at first ebcause you can use your 40 inch screen, yet after a couple of days it becomes annoying. You can already do so much more on consoles than you could on N64, SNES, etc, but consoles develop slower than pc because of the lack of upgrades.

The point with a console is that anyone can design a game for a console and know for a fact that everyone runnign it will have the same hardware, theres no need to cater for people with good and bad pc's. This is a massive advantage, especially for smaller games companies.

MeveM

Bright Spark
consoles might be better for game designers, not gamers :p

Besides, DED preferes PC, isn't that all that matters? Should convince even you Frenchy.

ozka

Personal preference: Consoles. I can't understand how people game using a keyboards which were once for typing and a mouse which is always far to sensitive/easy to feel right/realistic for me to comfortably play fps games. I know I could just turn sensitivity down, but why nerf yourself? Also it always feels far too formal sitting at a desk to play most games, and I've always found using the keyboard extensively outside of a few hotkeys/shortcuts very weird. However, I accept that strategy games should only be on pc, so it's why I ordered a new laptop to catch up on all the games I couldn't play the last few years. I'm used to strategy with a mouse + keyboard, and most of the time I like the 'epic' scale some strategy games offer (Total War etc) so having a pc that can keep up with the processing power required is priority.

Most of the choice is what you grew up on I think, PC or console games. It's also not a skill thing, because most mechanical 'skill' in games is non-existent these days, and skill seems to be more about how smart a player you are rather than whether you can aim really well or not. With FPS games most of the time I think people play them to relax so consoles are probably better for most people. I can't imagine playing them really focused when (multiplayer) you're just essentially doing the same stuff over and over with no serious purpose (Other than to gain rank/leaderboard if at all.) The only times I've played an FPS with a purpose that would possibly warrant sitting at a desk is in clan battles. PS3/Xbox are showing their age graphically though, but I don't mind it for the convenience of the community and the comfort of some games, graphics aren't usually that important to me. Mods are the only thing that entices me over to PC gaming and I may get Skyrim for PC far into the the future as well if good enough mods come out.

As far as the community thing, I know that come BF3 or MW3 I can sign in any day of the week and play with at least 3 clan-mates/friends and easily 10+ on peak times. Probably ignorance on my part, but I don't really know how you go about that easily outside of forums/clan websites or steam.

Last edited:

UndeadJack

Master Poster
People want a smart phone because its extremely useful, when out I can look up maps, check train times, play games when bored on train etc, this is deffinately an advantage to the smart phone. This functionality can be added without affecting the way in which phonecalls work or text messages.

Witha console, the OS is designed specifically with games in mind, it is a minimal OS which allows extremely limited operations and therefore I think tis very much the correct way to go, limiting it to games / films, that sort of thing. I also dont think theyre stuck, your not going to want to word process on your tv, its a gimick at first ebcause you can use your 40 inch screen, yet after a couple of days it becomes annoying. You can already do so much more on consoles than you could on N64, SNES, etc, but consoles develop slower than pc because of the lack of upgrades.

The point with a console is that anyone can design a game for a console and know for a fact that everyone runnign it will have the same hardware, theres no need to cater for people with good and bad pc's. This is a massive advantage, especially for smaller games companies.

I can see your point but isn't Xbox based off of Windows CE? Get PC IMO as people seem to behave differently - might seem strange what I am saying but they to imo