Crysis 2... Console Port?

Tom DWC

So the Crysis 2 demo has been released on the Xbox 360 and, from what I can tell, only the Xbox 360. Here we have yet another example of an established game developer (yes, I'm looking at you EA) turning their back on the platform that made their game franchise what it is today. Sell-outs. It's just wrong.

DISSAPOINTED. :mad:

Last edited:

Meds

Meh, lost interest now. Some games just shouldn't be designed for the console.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Meh, lost interest now. Some games just shouldn't be designed for the console.

I'd agree with RTS and MMORPG games simply because there's not enough buttons on controllers but Crysis is just a generic FPS game so there's no reason for it not to be on the consoles.

MickyG

Enthusiast
They'll bring it out for the PC and other consoles like they normally do, we'll just have to wait 2 years :(

G

Tom DWC

They'll bring it out for the PC and other consoles like they normally do, we'll just have to wait 2 years.

They are still releasing it across all platforms on the same date, but the demo release on the 360 kind of gives an indication as to where their focus is; and it looks like it's off the PC.

MickyG

Enthusiast
They are still releasing it across all platforms on the same date, but the demo release on the 360 kind of gives an indication as to where their focus is; and it looks like it's off the PC.

Oh right, hah, my bad

Yeah, I see what you mean, it most probably is, they'll show the PC versions with amazing graphics and such so console buyers will think "oh, that's what it'll look like on my console" then will be hugely disappointed because they where conned

G

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I'd agree with RTS and MMORPG games simply because there's not enough buttons on controllers but Crysis is just a generic FPS game so there's no reason for it not to be on the consoles.

The reason is because the original Crysis was designed to push computers to the limits - involve consoles and you've suddenly lost that.

Tom DWC

Well it appears EA have now backtracked and have announced they will be releasing a PC demo after all. They could have saved themselves a whole load of negative press by doing that at the same time as the 360 demo but never mind.

Gorman

Author Level
Downloading now, it got a pasting on overclock.net

If i boot this game and it says "Press Start" Crysis is dead to me.

Last edited:

Tom DWC

If I boot this game and it says "Press Start" Crysis is dead to me.

5490108996_55baa00332_z.jpg

Maximum game becomes maximum fail.

The whole thing feels like a console port to me. :(

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
Yep, i lasted about 5 mins, MW2 looks better on PC than this garbage. I will no doubt "sample" the full game but i think its over for Crysis.

MickyG

Enthusiast
tumblr_leyeuq10TK1qe2yez.jpg

Im just disappointed.

Hahaha, brilliant :)

But yes, from what I've read on the thread and checked out, and going from the 1st one (even in all it's buggyness) I really was expecting a lot more. Still, this kinda thing happens, they bring out a first rate game then try and rush a second game, just due to greed

G