Crysis 2... Console Port?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Oh come on the graphics aren't that bad, I don't really think the stealth thing is fair though :surrender:

Gorman

Author Level
Oh come on the graphics aren't that bad, I don't really think the stealth thing is fair though :surrender:

You mad bro. DX9, no AA, no settings to change it.

Looks baaaaaad.

I guess all that playing on ATI/AMD gear you are used to settling for less :p

darksider

Bronze Level Poster
Just finished playing a session on the PC and well.... I really, really hate what they've done to the nano suit powers.

i knew it was coming after everything I had read but to actually play it? I kept clicking my middle mouse button and shifting around looking for my cloak and speed... arrrggghhh.

The multiplayer was okay though. Deffo team-based gameplay from what i can see.

I lone-wolfed for half the time and then stuck with buddies for the other half and i found a massive difference for me; moreso than i usually would in most other online games.

kinda reminded me of MAG, in that respect.

Best thing i can think of about the PC version is that some awesome modder is going to fix the nanosuit and give us back our fine control again. eventually. maybe.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
;( i hate the graphical setting options... "gamer" "advanced" "hardcore".... what muppet thought that would be a good idea, >.<, and i hear that it may not even ship with dx11 support :O

...and can someone tell me ... IS THERE ONLY TWO SUIT POWERS? ... i mean they could of atleast made sprint, the speed option ;(

Saying that... it plays so much better than the other demo of crysis 2 :p, just thought they could of kept some of the good things from crysis...
- on the fly weapon customising for starters ;(

BUT IT DOES HAVE A SERVER LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!
which makes it about a million times better than the mulitplayer in bulletstorm (good game but basically 1 multiplayer mode)

"We’ve received word from Swedish hardware site Sweclockers that Crysis 2 will ship without DX11 support, much like its recently released demo counterpart. The tidbit was unearthed at a recent Nvidia presentation. Apparently, Crytek plans to patch in the renderer as part of a post-launch update.
While specific DX11 features due for inclusion went unmentioned, at the bare minimum, it’s expected that we’ll see tessellation and advanced depth of field effects a la Metro 2033.
Until then, PC gamers rocking the latest and greatest hardware will have to make do with DX9. There’s no word on a release timeline for the patch, but here’s hoping that Crytek themselves break the silence soon.

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Downloaded the demo... at 50kb/s for the most part, went into it, saw the XBOX 360 style graphics on the intro and then the dreaded PRESS START!, I would swear about it on here if I could. No DX10, no DX11, no AA, blocky graphics on the suits, I've just been playing Crysis 1 again since I got my 580 and been running it on full specs. So I noticed the shoddy quality almost instantly. It run's smooth! Of course it does its running on 'Cryengine 3', why they didn't call it 1.5 I don't know, as how can they call it 'new' if its a downspecced version of the old one?!?!?

I am MAJORLY disappointed, majorly consolized, let's hope the single player is as long and involving as the original, but I have no hopes for it.

Crytek... I used to think you were cool. EA, we knew you weren't cool but didn't realise you were Buzz Killington.

buzz_killington-191x300.jpg

LFFPicard

Godlike
Unfortunatley nowadays most games are going to be designed for the consoles and ported to the PC, it's just a sign of developer lazyness.

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
I wasn't very keen on the Demo. Played it a bit and found it to lack any real depth or tactics. It looked pretty - but that was about everything said.

I think the introductionary video does a better job at showing what the game is like than the actual game even does.

So to save anyone else the bother, here you go:
[video=youtube;_DvlI5WLDWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DvlI5WLDWM[/video]

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
You mad bro. DX9, no AA, no settings to change it.

Looks baaaaaad.

I guess all that playing on ATI/AMD gear you are used to settling for less :p
DX9 is fine (although DX10 would be nice) like the Dragon Age 2 demo they've locked some of the options to tweak the settings, I was getting about 40 FPS at 1920x1080 with hardcore settings so it was perfectly playable and looked ok :)

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Well at least the game runs smoothly

and as for the graphics let's use this screenshot to explain...

psycho_cat.jpg

^ Yeah it looks good, BUT IT WASN'T WHAT WE WERE EXPECTING:'(

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
A patch has been released for the demo

Crysis 2 PC Demo Patch 1.2 - Info Inside! 03 08, 2011 /04:42

Hey all!

It’s great to see so many of you playing the Crysis 2 demo. The demo’s huge popularity did uncover a few issues, and we’re glad to report that we are today launching a small patch that should further improve your play experience. This patch will be automatically installed the next time you start the demo, and will address issues associated with account creation and matchmaking as well as various other improvements. If you use Avira antivirus software, please ensure the definitions are up to date to ensure a smooth patch process.
Thanks for your patience, and we look forward to playing you online!

Here's how to get it!

Steam Demo will automatically update soon when the patch is rolled out on Steam

The Crysis 2 Mutliplayer Demo Patch for PC is now live and will auto-patch when you launch the game! The Steam patch will also be rolling out shortly.

* - “Press Start to Begin” has been changed to “Press Enter to Begin” on the main menu
* - Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0)
* - Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)
* - Account creation now works properly
* - G35 headset fix now implemented
* - People not able to sign in with certain characters such as “-“ or “numbers” in their username, now can

See you online!

Gorman

Author Level
Crysis rocked as a game, huge sandbox open world to run about in, awesome physics and environment beautiful visuals.

Replaced with a linear map design, no physics past the odd breakable window and meh visuals.

Crysis and Warhead both kept me entertained through many a replay as each time i could take a different route or tactic and approach the mission differently.

This is all replaced with linear gameplay and quicktime cutscenes. boooooooo.

Gorman

Author Level
Heres an interesting vid comparing the xbox version to PC

[video=youtube;7Gj6fgnMvQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gj6fgnMvQw[/video]

Tom DWC

It's not that it looks all that bad, just that the differences don't justify the price gap between the two platforms. Crysis did, big time.

Also the textures don't hold up to close scrutiny (like most console games). I like to call it the blur effect. It's what they do on consoles to compensate for the lack of antialiasing and anisotropic filtering and it looks, well, not very good.

Have a game of Black Ops multiplayer on the 360 and take a look at the distant textures - perfect example. This is fair enough on a naf Xenos chip that sucked even back in 2005 but porting such effects to PC? Unacceptable.

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
Really? They're porting Xbox graphical flaws onto the PC version? That's retarded. They should have optimised graphics on the PC, and then ported a dumbed down version onto the gimpy consoles, not the other way round.

Gorman

Author Level
Really? They're porting Xbox graphical flaws onto the PC version? That's retarded. They should have optimised graphics on the PC, and then ported a dumbed down version onto the gimpy consoles, not the other way round.

Amen brother.

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
I'm actually gob smacked they're doing this... I will hold my tongue until I have a copy of the finished game, but dyam that's somewhat killed my anticipation of it.

Dark79

Silver Level Poster
Theres hope, read the bold parts.......

We all were hoping that this would be the case, but now it’s coming straight from the Developer’s mouth.

In an interview with Edge, Crytek president and creative director, Cevat Yerli responded to a question about the current trend for PC versions of console games suffering from console control systems , FOV and texture issues.

Yeah. Crysis 2 doesn’t suffer from that, in my opinion – it’s superior from every angle.But this isn’t necessarily a game you can’t play today, or where you need another two years to max it out. That’s not the approach this time. Now, it’s more like we want to give you the best PC experience with current high-end equipment. So if you bought the last high-end graphics card, you’re going to get a blast out of it. Likewise, the minimum-spec experience will be of a far higher quality than Crysis was.

If your PC could run Crysis fine, Crysis 2 shouldn’t pose a threat. We reckon that even a 8800GT can manage a stable 30 fps on medium settings and an acceptable resolution if these minimum specs prove out to be true.

Yerli further added that the AI is much smarter than the original and that the Nanosuit will need to be exploited to the utmost extent if you wish to survive.

But here is the shocker, the high end PC version hasn’t been shown at all to the public. All screenshots that were revealed by Crytek were taken from the PC, but at console settings.
They were rendered out of PC but at console settings. The PC settings aren’t being disclosed at all right now. We haven’t made any screenshots yet that show the PC settings.

PC gamers should get one hell of a surprise when they pop in the disc. Crysis 2 releases on March 22 in North America and March 23 in Europe, so you’ve got plenty of time to save up for a new GTX 560 or better yet, two of them.