Crysis 2... Console Port?

LFFPicard

Godlike
Or is this just sales talk to make PC gamers buy the game in hopes of superior quality graphics than the screenshot/demo.

If this is the case, big case of Mis-Selling :)

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
and if not.....

explain.jpg

Imrahill

Have his game on Xbox and my PS3 and you get better frame rate on the xbox but still nowhere near as good as a top spec pc, but there in lies the problem, developers spend millions developing a game and need to recoup this money back, but put simplty there is not enough pc gamers out there! why? economics a top spec PC will set you back £1000+ and will be out of date/unable to play the latest games within couple of years at most, so most people have got sick of replacing/upgrading their PC every 18 moths to play the games, where as buy a console and you can play any game(no confusing specs to worry about)for 4-7 years. I love playing on PCs but PC gaming is dying there is no getting away from it, less and less games coming out every year.soloution? i dont know maybe PC gamers need to slow down on techno advances and allow pc owners to keep the same machine for longer so you get better value for money, most people can't/won't spend the money on a PC.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
:O, pc gaming is actually on an uprise, but this debates been done to death... honestly it happens everytime a console is launched or even console exclusive AAA title is released.

So to quote a few people....

Think about it: most major console games are also on the PC. The PC also has a game library stretching back 25 years or more. Most people need a PC anyway, and often the cost of upgrading to a nicer gaming setup isn't any more expensive than buying a next-generation console. Since gaming PCs can be configured for nearly any budget, they can hit an extremely broad audience. And believe it or not, it's relatively inexpensive to get a gaming PC that can match or exceed the graphical fidelity of the PS3 and XBox 360.

nally, we get to the issue of the cost of PC gaming to the consumer. People are under the impression that it's much cheaper to buy a console than a gaming PC. This is simply not the case. If you calculate the cost of building your own computer with system specs comparable to the PS3, and then subtract the cost of a normal non-gaming PC (because remember, you're getting a gaming machine and a personal computer in one), the price is about the same as the PS3. And upgrading your parts to meet next-gen system requirements costs about as much as trading in your old console for a new one.

Greenman

Enthusiast
PC games are also cheaper.
Modding is one of the biggest attractions of PC games to IMO, as well as great exclusives such as Amnesia and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
PC games are also cheaper

Modding is one of the biggest attractions of PC games

Nailed it........bang for your buck for less money; and mods to increase the longevity to twice that of a console game. I have a 360 and I love it to bits; but gaming is better on the pc.

Just wish i didn't have to use STEAM for achievements in games. :( Love those......

Gorman

Author Level
Yep i have heard that PC gaming is dead since the launch of the PS1.

In response to all the points in that post:

Tell Blizzard, Valve, Dice that!, then have a quick look at the figures for Steam!