Cyberpunk 2077

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's not a choice... it's a vocation.

Ignore the reviews saying performance is crap, remember, reviewer games had DRM attached which really hampered performance, that isn't present on the consumer release, plus the 0day patch apparently improves performance massively also.
Well well well.... I was a bit off the mark there from the reviews I'm reading.... anyone started it up yet?

You guys with your 3070's and 3080's should be fine, it's us mere mortals with older gen cards that are gonna find it rough....

Oh well, even more reason for an upgrade!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Consoles are really struggling. It's a current gen game, absolutely no doubt.

I'm looking forward to trying it out.... once the price tag is palatable for me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Consoles are really struggling. It's a current gen game, absolutely no doubt.

I'm looking forward to trying it out.... once the price tag is palatable for me.
I have no doubt they'll improve it, it's just how long will that take?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I have no doubt they'll improve it, it's just how long will that take?
From the looks of some of the Steam user reviews there'll need to be a pretty hefty patch to get rid of the bugs. I think I'll hold off on the purchase until it's in a better state... and maybe on sale.

Croupier

I can't wait to play when my new PC arrives... I'm so close to buying the PS4 version as it's playable on my PS5 but think I'll just be patient as I'm sure I'll appreciate it a lot more on the PC

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Well well well.... I was a bit off the mark there from the reviews I'm reading.... anyone started it up yet?

You guys with your 3070's and 3080's should be fine, it's us mere mortals with older gen cards that are gonna find it rough....

Oh well, even more reason for an upgrade!
Everything I've read about the console version of the game reminds me of GTAV. I pre-ordered it on Xbox 360 and it arrived the day before release and again it was a "next gen" game released at the end of the gaming generation. I started playing the game and the console was clearly struggling to get the game to a playable state. A few days later, a patch was released that cut the draw distance, but suddenly, the game performed quite a bit better. Perhaps something like that will be coming out in the coming days.

I'm tempted to buy the game and see how it runs on my GTX 1080, but my laptop would probably melt if I tried!

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I currently playing now.
Pretty smooth play currently apart from my gameplay, maybe shouldn't have gone on hard difficulty.
Trying settings at mostly their highest settings, Ray tracing on Ultra and DLSS on auto. 4k 120hz screen and its getting 55-65 FPS. Not sure what the ideal settings are really, watched the Linus video and he didnt seem to know either the more I watched.

Looks stunning though. Crowd density on high too, so many NPC's about, its great
Any tips let me know in regards to settings

Regarding temps, when should I turn things down graphics wise, high temp wise I mean, currently the GPU runs around 35c, highest it got is 57c
CPU is running around 40-53c

Been playing for around 4 hours.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I currently playing now.
Pretty smooth play currently apart from my gameplay, maybe shouldn't have gone on hard difficulty.
Trying settings at mostly their highest settings, Ray tracing on Ultra and DLSS on auto. 4k 120hz screen and its getting 55-65 FPS. Not sure what the ideal settings are really, watched the Linus video and he didnt seem to know either the more I watched.

Looks stunning though. Crowd density on high too, so many NPC's about, its great
Any tips let me know in regards to settings

Regarding temps, when should I turn things down graphics wise, high temp wise I mean, currently the GPU runs around 35c, highest it got is 57c
CPU is running around 40-53c

Been playing for around 4 hours.
Hardware Unboxed are going through benchmarks with it as we speak, I'm sure they'll have some optimal settings within a couple of days.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I can't wait to play when my new PC arrives... I'm so close to buying the PS4 version as it's playable on my PS5 but think I'll just be patient as I'm sure I'll appreciate it a lot more on the PC
My friend says its awful on ps4, basically unplayable and looks bad.
Not sure it will be much better on the ps5 as its still the ps4 title, the updated ps5 version isn't out until next year.
Not sure when, but wouldn't surprise me they try to get it out early as they can with how bad its going down on ps4

Last edited:

polycrac

Rising Star
I'm playing with 1440p 165hz Gsync screen, using a 2700x and a 2080ti. It was terrible when I started out on all ultra + ray tracing - I was getting fps in the high 20s.

Playing without the ray tracing on ultra and I get great fps but the game really does look different - brighter but less realistic, less moody.

I've updated graphics drivers and that helped, so did turning down the cascade shadows resolution to medium. Now I get 40+ fps with max ray tracing, 60+ on medium ray tracing (which seems to be the happy compromise for me).

I've seen just one bug (a pedestrian running by at high speed) in 4+ hours of playing. The game is beautiful and huge, absolutely going get long term playability from this. The controls are complex and take some getting used to - hampered a bit by the lack of clear guides at launch, but they're already beginning to arrive online and I'm learning fast. I have never played a game before where you can customise your character right down to whether they are circumcised or not! The options are vast and that means lots of nested menus - it isn't always obvious where options are placed, e.g. there is a mention of holding Z on the inventory screen to disassemble a weapon or item but that option isn't on the crafting screen, where you'd expect it.

Initially I pumped INT to make a decker build but given the added complexity of hacking I'm focusing on a simpler street samurai build for now, just to make life easier while I learn the ropes. Side characters are well fleshed out (yet to meet Johnny Depp) and I feel affection for some of them already. The worldbuilding is incredible and as soon as I get to unlock a larger slice of the city I'm ditching the main storyline for exploration.

Croupier

My friend says its awful on ps4, basically unplayable and looks bad.
Not sure it will be much better on the ps5 as its still the ps4 title, the updated ps5 version isn't out until next year.
Not sure when, but wouldn't surprise me they try to get it out early as they can with how bad its going down on ps4
Yeah I've had a look around and seen really bad reviews for the previous gen consoles... just not gonna risk it at all and wait for the PC

Gavras

Master Poster
Have now removed CyberPunk from my ‘must have’ game lists.

A couple people I know have played it and other than graphics, there say there is a fair bit that is almost broken with the game.

Also for a new game on Steam it’s getting terrible reviews.

looks like it could be one of those Style over Substance games, great graphics poor game play.

Will definitely be waiting for it dropping in price, sale etc which if reviews stay same will be quite soon.

a mate bought the collectors edition at £200 or so quid, eek.

hopefully CD turn it around, as making it look pretty is not enough.

Obviously all that makes a game AAA is ultra graphics.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have now removed CyberPunk from my ‘must have’ game lists.

A couple people I know have played it and other than graphics, there say there is a fair bit that is almost broken with the game.

Also for a new game on Steam it’s getting terrible reviews.

looks like it could be one of those Style over Substance games, great graphics poor game play.

Will definitely be waiting for it dropping in price, sale etc which if reviews stay same will be quite soon.

a mate bought the collectors edition at £200 or so quid, eek.

hopefully CD turn it around, as making it look pretty is not enough.

Obviously all that makes a game AAA is ultra graphics.
The Witcher 3 wasn't particularly well received on launch, but CD: Projekt Red put the time and effort into turning it around by optimising it better, fixing bugs and so on. If they do the same here, then the game will probably turn out good a few years down the line. Not being able to get it just yet may turn out to be a benefit.

Last edited:

Gavras

Master Poster
The Witcher 3 wasn't particularly well received on launch, but CD:projekt Red put the time and effort into turning it around by optimising it better, fixing bugs and so on. If they do the same here, then the game will probably turn out good a few years down the line. Not being able to get it just yet may turn out to be a benefit.
Yeah, they are one of few Game Houses that listen to their fan base.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I have played for around 8 hours, combination of main story, side missions and wandering around and I can't say I've had many if any issues yet.

This is the first PC game I have played in many years though, been a console gamer so maybe I miss things and having played over 4000 hours in Division 1 and 2 bugs and glitches are probably just nothing to me now.

But the gameplay has been pretty smooth, controls can be fiddly, I'm using a controller, again this is probably down to me just getting used to a new game.
There is a lot to do control wise, hacking various stuff is probably the most complicated and can be fiddly but getting used to it.

Game looks stunning in 4k, getting a good solid 60-68 fps when using ray tracing on ultra and dlss on performance.
If you turn dlss off then it drops to 20fps on the ultra settings and not really playable.
3080 strix oc GPU.
Still not sure what looks or runs best yet even after watching a number of vids but for me the above looks and plays great so happy with it, though again, coming from a ps4 pro, even with an SSD installed everything looks and performs great on the PC.

Temps seem fine, gpu hasn't gone above 60c yet.
CPU gets hotter normally in the 60's but did hit 79c last night. 5900x
Should I have any concerns it hits nearly 80c?
Generally it does stay in the high 60s.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Kinda torn now. Woke up to an "in testing" email, so there's a good chance I'll be unboxing tomorrow or Friday and while those GN videos will allow me to have a good stab at optimising the game (seems like something along the lines of High graphics settings along with Medium and Ultra raytracing and Quality DLSS is a good baseline with a 3080 to target around 60FPS), the bugs, etc are making me think that I might be better throwing myself into maybe RDR2 or something for a couple of months and come back once 2077 has had more bug fixes and optimisation.