Defiance II (6th Gen) Delays

mattd

Does anyone who recently got a Defiance II with a NVMe controller experience abnormally high temperatures?

What is abnormally high, and what are you using to measure? I have it in my defiance 2 (PS - speeds are awesome on crystalmark for the 512gb one!) - I've not bothered to run any temperature monitoring stuff but I've not noticed anything feeling very hot. If anything the casing feels cool to the touch.

Flo

Silver Level Poster
I have just got the 15 inch Defiance 2. The fans are often silent/very quiet then occasionally will do a funny little stepping noise as they go up about 3 levels then go back to silent/near-silent all in the period of 1 or 2 seconds. Seems fine to me.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am experiencing. Haven't owned a gaming laptop before and not sure if this was something common. It doesn't bother me but it is a bit weird. All in all the device is super fast and does the job.

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Has anyone noticed ghosting issues with the 1080p IPS panel (15 inch model)?

Leave a high contrast image on the screen for 5-10 minutes, then look at a solid grey screen and you will be able to faintly see the previous image for a little while.

It goes away after a while, but it's kinda worrying.

ahad

Silver Level Poster
Did everyone that ordered the defiance with a 980m get a 200 watt charger or did some also get a 180 watt charger too. I haven't had a chance to see mine yet as I'm abroad for the next few days and upon enquiry PCS they said i was sent a 180 watt charger despite someone getting a 200 watt charger with his 980m (I believe it was DJ).

Did everyone that ordered the defiance with a 980m get a 200 watt charger or did some also get a 180 watt charger too. I haven't had a chance to see mine yet as I'm abroad for the next few days and upon enquiry PCS they said i was sent a 180 watt charger despite someone getting a 200 watt charger with his 980m (I believe it was DJ).

Hi ahad there isn't actually an option to get a 200w charger, you did get the right one

ahad

Silver Level Poster
Hi ahad there isn't actually an option to get a 200w charger, you did get the right one

The option isn't there because it hasn't been updated yet. Clevo's website itself states a 200 watt PSU with the 980m and i confirmed with PCS if that's the model we are offered. Other resellers also state 180 but have provided 200 with the actual orders and i believe Djsubtronic also received a 200 watt psu which is why i am confirming. Clevo started offering 200 watts with the 980m since they introduced skylake.

rhyrob

just noticed this thread after I ordered one 2 days ago... you're all getting your laptops now?

I have a question also, how do they sort out which free game comes with the graphics card? I ordered a 970m but I saw nothing asking which game I would like

teohouse88

I don't understand why in the ordering page there is written Sound Blaster MB3 instead MB5...which sound card does the laptop include??

Hi,

I am sat on my 17.3 in Defiance typing out this note, what a solid machine, feels really well made the screen is stunning and a revelation, windows 10 is good enough stilll working around it. In short stunning.

I have the 6700HQ 8GB ram and an Nvida 970x 8GB version and the M2 ssd (I'll check the temp on that later on after playing a challenging game (World of Warships/World of Tanks) they normally drive the graphics cards hard I have been installing both games no noticeable temperature on the keyboard/area where the drive is, no fan noises in short cool and quiet.

It took 12 working days, 2 of which where in testing and I can say well worth the wait.

It came in a well packed box, I went for the silver shipping method and I have to say it was extremely well packed.

So 1 happy customer here right now I'll run it for a few days take some photos and report back.
Thanks
Dave

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

I am sat on my 17.3 in Defiance typing out this note, what a solid machine, feels really well made the screen is stunning and a revelation, windows 10 is good enough stilll working around it. In short stunning.

I have the 6700HQ 8GB ram and an Nvida 970x 8GB version and the M2 ssd (I'll check the temp on that later on after playing a challenging game (World of Warships/World of Tanks) they normally drive the graphics cards hard I have been installing both games no noticeable temperature on the keyboard/area where the drive is, no fan noises in short cool and quiet.

It took 12 working days, 2 of which where in testing and I can say well worth the wait.

It came in a well packed box, I went for the silver shipping method and I have to say it was extremely well packed.

So 1 happy customer here right now I'll run it for a few days take some photos and report back.
Thanks
Dave

Thanks Dave. Yes, any feedback on these temp issues for the M.2 SSDs would be appreciated, given the back that the NVMe technology is so new for laptops and sites have reported temps in excess of 100 degrees accompanied by thermal throttling.

Is it noticeably faster than a normal SSD? Which M.2 did you get?

Hi,

Running world of warships maximum settings, fans running here is the current temp:
Capture.PNG

SSD maxed out around 45 degrees when it was loading really hard.

Dave

My 17.3 Defiance 980M is awaiting dispatch this morning. I think I'm quite lucky, as only 11th working day so far. Can't smegging wait for it to arrive, I'll let you lot know how it runs once I get my excited mitts on it!

Spikes

I presume the backlog is cleared now and everyone is enjoying their new Defiance II monsters? :sorcerer:

I wish I can say the same. I am on 11th working day and still in pre-production. Even though I was assured a few days ago that my order would still be dispatched in 12 working days.
Using the 3 days fast track trick, I just found out that 970M is no longer in stock, so I guess am in this for a very long ride

jpyzio

I wish I can say the same. I am on 11th working day and still in pre-production. Even though I was assured a few days ago that my order would still be dispatched in 12 working days.
Using the 3 days fast track trick, I just found out that 970M is no longer in stock, so I guess am in this for a very long ride

13th working day for me, also in pre-production. Didn't know that 970M was out of stock... I wish the communication was better without any tricks or me having to bother them with phone calls. Seems to me like the system is flawed, from what I've read you get the updates once it gets into "building" phase, but it's also a very quick process from there. However in pre-production (which is the longest waiting period), you just sit in the dark.

Rakk

The Awesome

Remember that all that means is that as of the time you tried to order fast-track they had none in stock, however for all any of us know, there could be a delivery turning up today that will have more in.

Spikes

Remember that all that means is that as of the time you tried to order fast-track they had none in stock, however for all any of us know, there could be a delivery turning up today that will have more in.

It went out of stock yesterday, so I highly doubt that would be the case...but I just hope so.
Was really looking forward to a great weekend :(