del

AndyL

we need more information, such as do you need a monitor including in that budget? do you need peripherals such as keyboard and mouse?

AwesomeDude

Bronze Level Poster
Ok Here's a Pretty good Spec you could go for:

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE - Great Case No faults Great cooling on it too + It has a Blue Leds :D

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics - Fine for Gaming wont have to upgrade this for Ages!

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX - Nice Mobo Great for the price and It's gen 3 and Supports crossfire and Sli!

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT) - 8gb is fine A bit Much actually but good for Bf3 and Future proofing!

Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ HD7870 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable - Great graphics Card you could swap it out for a 7850 or Gtx 570 depending On whether you like Amd or Nvidia I would go with the 7870 though!

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm) - Nice Fast drive Has No Problems! and 1Tb

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM - Standard dvd drive

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69) - Great Psu You want this one over the standard ones because it's better quality Looks Great too! and Pretty Much guaranteed not to mess up like the standard ones!

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19) - Good Cooler Fine for your what your doing No Overclocking Intended for Gaming since it doesn't really help the Game Unless your Playing something Like Fsx Which is a Very Cpu intensive Game

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs - If you want wireless it's about £15 More or homeplugs which are about £30.00 more But Much Better!

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£21) - Here's the Keyboard you wanted Pretty Nice wireless one (I wouldn't personally spend Loads on A mouse and Keyboard I would get one later instead of lowering down the pc spec.)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity 1

And that's about it costing around £1,076 But I would suggest pushing to this Graphics card if you can but Otherwise just lower down to a 7850 or Gtx 570 if you want to keep under the Budget, Plus I don't think you would Get 60fps with a 7850 or Gtx 570 on Crysis/Bf3 (1920x1080.) but a 7870 Gets Pretty much 60 on Bf3 but I don't know about crysis.)

Last edited:

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
@ coman HD
your spec looks best, the raedon is a great card, but if you want 3 d go nvidia
also unless you are overclocking, drop the processor to the I52500 and drop the cooler to the copper triplepipe
it may, however, if you want to future proof it, be best to get an I72600 (more cores you see)
hope I helped, if you have any questions just ask :)

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
the 'current' gen consoles are all about 6 years old, but if you must, get a ps3 (you get blu-ray, free online play and uncharted)

AwesomeDude

Bronze Level Poster
Couple of things dude Lower down the Mobo to a P68 board Bcuz they are gen 3 Much More worth it so you can support future graphics cards! and Yea Silver warranty!

And May I just add Pretty much all Games On consoles run at 30 fps and that's with pretty much the Lowest Graphical Settings.

Last edited:

parody

Bronze Level Poster
i go for somethink like this...

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX***SPECIAL***

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£21)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

£1025 inc VAT and Delivery.

Atuleon

Gold Level Poster
thanks for the spec, however, iwant to record gameplay also, preferably with fraps, so that would cause an fps drop. wouldnt it be better spending the extra money on a 7970 now to get that fps boost, i heard that card can give around 70 average fps in bf3.

You are right about the 7970 giving you better FPS, (maybe people didn't choose this for you in their builds as it is hard to keep the rig under £1k with it).

The new GTX680 is just recently out/released, and is cheaper than the 7970 when I last checked, but is giving a lot better benchmark performance results. So if you are happy to spend enough to get the 7970, I would recomend getting the GTX680 instead.

do you think its worth the money? this would mean that iwouldnt purchase the next gen console (ps4)

In answer to your question, I recomend playing on a friend's PS3 or one setup in a high-street store somewhere (providing they are using HD cables and HD TV), and see if you are happy with the quality and gameplay. If the answer is yes, and there are no paticular 'PC only' games that you are interested in, then maybe for you personally it is not worth forking out £800~ more for a PC.

Last edited:

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
what you have to remember is that when ps4 comes out, dev.s wont be used to the tech, and in future you can't upgrade them