del

AwesomeDude

Bronze Level Poster
Well Thing is You could recreate the build and save yourself around £150-200 (Or even more) I got a keyboard and Mouse and Monitor with My build That I'm looking at so far!
and it's still cheaper then Pcs, Mate It's really not that Hard if you get May your Dad to help you or your older brother or something All you have to do is watch a Few Tutorials On youtube And when you get the Parts and don't know how to do something Read the Manual all you will need pretty much is a Screw driver, Lots of 11 - 12 year olds do it too!

But remember if your not comfortable doing It Get Pcs To do it for You, they do a Great Job too! :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Peripherals are definitely cheaper elsewhere but the build is not significantly more expensive than buying components. I had a couple of issues with my build such as a faulty GPU and PCS fixed it in less than a week. Technical support is excellent and you get prompt responses from any problems you may experience. I spent more than £2000 on my build and I'd not feel comfortable putting the pieces together and making sure everything works well as a novice. From looking at the additional notes included in my build I can see several tests are run before it is dispatch.

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
building a pc is quite easily do-able, but if I were you I would ask somebody who has done it before to help you. another thing you could do is find a crap, used pc on ebay for 20 quid and take it apart,see how it works etc. I found one at school and they just let me take it apart, if I hadn't taken it it would have gone to the tip anyway so it was a good find. what I'm saying is get a good idea before you get pc components all over your room with no clue where to start.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
great spec, :) couldnt fault it, :)

i'd defo buy from pcs, you get the excellent tech support/fault finding and rma procedure whereas if you build ya self, you will not get any support whatsoever, many sellers will turn a blind say or tell you that they don't believe that whatever they sold you is faulty and often tell you that something else is faulty.

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
if you did want to build it yourself, this is what I would get;
£70
£43
£226
£14
£439
£109
£14
£100
£85
you also need to add windows £79
total:£1325
its £1463 of pcs
hope I helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
never heard of one... should fit into one of the HDD bays but if somebody else could confirm that it would possibly be for the best

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Your build looks very good, the components used by PCS are all top quality
and the build you have selected will handle anything for a few years,
so no reason why it wont last.
I was intending building my own rig and did a lot of research,but at the end of the day realised it's just not worth it,unless it's some kind of ambition you have.

TJWhonley

Enthusiast
it's admittedly, something i'm going to put on my college application for programming, but is a lot cheaper as well. on my build i will save £300

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think its great to build ya own pc, but ya also need to think about the warranty and tech support that PCS offers that you will not gain from any other company, especially a online seller.