Don't forget to vote today ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So, when do the results come in for the Eu elections?

I see its supposed to be soon, although no figures are listed on the BBC site.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Sky news and BBC news have got live coverage will be coming in over the next hour. Some results are already counted in their boroughs but officially we have to wait until entire region has counted.

Only one I've seen is Canterbury where UKIP have won.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'm trying to watch bbc online, but my nets laggin alot tonight. But from what i have seen, Ukip seem to be doing well.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Currently:

UKIP - 4
Cons - 3
Lab - 3
Other - 0

North East and Eastern region only so far.

Update:

UKIP - 9
Lab - 6
Cons - 6
Other - 0

Green are currently polling above lib dems in percentage.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Generally 3 categories

Multiple boxes marked
No boxes marked
Marked not within box.

UKIP - 11
Cons - 9
Lab - 8
Greens - 1
LD - 0

The "racist" party gets the first ethnic minority MEP. Interesting...

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well looks like Ukip did very well. I still have a feeling we will end up with a Tory / Ukip coalition in a year though.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
There is a possibility but after some of the stuff David and co have said about UKIP, they certainly won't want a coalition. I'm a UKIP supporter, and although I would prefer it not to happen. It will be the quickest way of guaranteeing a referendum amongst other important UKIP policies

Final results

UKIP - 24 (27.49%)
Labour - 20 (25.40%)
Cons - 19 (23.93%)
Greens - 3 (7.87%)
SNP - 2 (2.46%)
Lib Dems - 1 (6.87%)
Plaid Cymru - 1 (0.71%)

I think it's also worth mention that 'An Independence from Europe', a party set up to confuse UKIP voters gained 1.49% of the vote and caused UKIP to lose a seat to the Greens in the South West.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
There is a possibility but after some of the stuff David and co have said about UKIP, they certainly won't want a coalition. I

I'm very cynical when it comes to politics. And I'd be willing to bet that Ukip would jump at the opportunity to team up with the torries and grab some power, exactly the same as the liedems did. Then we will end up with another 5 years of the same Tory lot.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well I'm very close to a lot of UKIP supporters as well as various candidates and councillors and all have said they do not want a pact with Tories including Farage himself. I think I would be more willing if it was not David as leader of the Tories and someone who is more eurosceptic.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
personally, the thing i like about Ukip is not what they stand for, whilst the EU is a massive waste of money. I like the fact that they are not torries, labour or libdems - all who currently support the status quo.

I think we need a fairer society and a political party that supports the working class and the middle class.

Savannah

I hope we don't have another coalition next year, as it will probably just result in another ideological mess. I certainly don't want to see either UKIP or the Tories in power. But Labour is extremely weak at the moment, and while I don't mind the Green Party they just don't have enough public support. :( I've really don't much like British politics.

Savannah

personally, the thing i like about Ukip is not what they stand for, whilst the EU is a massive waste of money. I like the fact that they are not torries, labour or libdems - all who currently support the status quo.

I think we need a fairer society and a political party that supports the working class and the middle class.

That's why most disillusioned votes go to them. I'm not certain that they really do support the working class though, but that's my own opinion and another matter anyway.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
That's why most disillusioned votes go to them. I'm not certain that they really do support the working class though, but that's my own opinion and another matter anyway.

Do we even have a party that supports the working class?

steaky360

Folk (tom included :)) just a friendly reminder - this is not to get into a political discussion.

spanner-in-the-works1.jpg

The thread was ok (in my humble opinion) when it was purely about the election and the votes cast. Please don't start posting opinions on political parties etc. Threads similar to this have been closed for far less from what I've seen in the past. Dont want that to happen to this thread too...

Rakk

The Awesome
lol, steaky, when did you get a job with the fun police? ;)

It was however a valid point, which I mentioned way back earlier in the thread.
And the forums rules say:
You may NOT:
• Partake in discussions about politics, race or religion or promote your own views in this area through any other means
As Steaky said in the beginning of the thread it was just about voting mostly so was ok, however, when discussions about politics creep into that, it gets to the point of being not allowed, sorry Tom, I agree with Steaky.

Last edited: