ETA on two items

TommyAwesome

Brilliant - just rang up to find out why my laptop has been awaiting dispatch for a day and a half, and they said it'd been put aside for a saturday delivery!! So it could/should have been dispatched yesterday!!! In their defense this message was very tricky to understand: "If the laptop is ready on a FRIDAY, then call me so I can pay for a saturday delivery" - it wasn't ready on a friday, and they didn't call me anyway!!!
I know I'm being very impatient - but it's soo frustrating!!!

My advice to anyone - ring everyday to find out what's happening!!

Vaneel

Woohoo. Dispatched and due for tomorrow. Will be going into as much depth as possible on my review tomorrow

Adli

Enthusiast
8am-6pm delivery slot... its now 5.24pm. so much waiting!!! i really hope it arrives today otherwise ive wasted 10 hours :(

5.45. i really hope they can deliver on time :S

nope, its 7:06pm, and no delivery. no email, no text, no tracking update. :(

edit: 30seconds later, G Davies appears with my Laptop. surprising happy for someone on a really busy day :D

Last edited:

QuickstepKing

End of the working day and mine is still 'In building'. And I haven't had a reply to the email I sent this morning asking what was happening. Will be phoning tomorrow with a stroppy tone to my voice, as I ordered on 3rd July, went into building on the 5th and others who ordered later have already got theirs.

*grumble, grumble*

Last edited:

QuickstepKing

Well I just called them at ~12:30 and they said they have just had another delivery of the processors about 10 minutes before and mine should go into testing soon. But in an email on Monday I was told the processor was in the laptop already and I was awaiting testing then. So I'm still not sure what the heck is going and quite what to believe...

:confused:

Skyco

I ordered on the 2nd of this month, and i'm still in building due to the stock issues on this cpu. Sad times!

QuickstepKing

I ordered on the 2nd of this month, and i'm still in building due to the stock issues on this cpu. Sad times!

I've offered to upgrade to the 3720 if the 3610 is unavailable but I've been told mine has a 3610 processor. I don't know what is causing the delay. The information coming from PCS is contradictory.
-rep!

I'm going to ring them...

grrrrrowl

Ok.... so I ordered my Vortex III late last night on a 5 day fast track... and it's already built, tested and now awaiting dispatch hehe! Although I didn't order any software at all with it so I imagine that helped speed things along :)

QuickstepKing

Well mine is now dispatched and at the local depot, hopefully to be delivered today. Unfortunately I work away from home during the week so will have to look forward to Friday evening for unwrapping...I'll post some piccies when I can.

@grrrrrowl I doubt the lack of software would speed it up too much. They still have to install Windows 7 on to it to do the testing (so they said), though they wipe it off afterwards I guess. Good choice to go for the five day build though. I would have done that in hind-sight.

Angelmaker30

Bronze Level Poster
i have to say i'm so glad i went with the 3720QM. I feel sorry for al those waiting. Fingers crossed a lorry load will arrive today ;)

Spoke to PCS this morning and have to say they really are helpful. They apparently have 87 orders waiting and are expecting aroudn a 100 in today. So all being well orders should start to progress, but sadly I am well down on the list so expecting my laptop end of next week.