FedEx being weird

duncfunk

I just signed up to see if my FedEx delivery was any weird and then I found this thread. It was scheduled for delivery last Wednesday so it was a surprise to see it turn up in Paris that night. Returning to Stansted today was less of a surprise. Hopefully I'll get it sometime next week then?

Attachments

• FedEx.jpg
    FedEx.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 263

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just signed up to see if my FedEx delivery was any weird and then I found this thread. It was scheduled for delivery last Wednesday so it was a surprise to see it turn up in Paris that night. Returning to Stansted today was less of a surprise. Hopefully I'll get it sometime next week then?
You probably will next week yes :)

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
And yours is an Irish delivery??

This is so weird, I thought the Tour de France thing for Irish orders thats now becoming a PCS forum meme was something that only happened for a very particular reason a week or two ago. Didn't realise orders shipping this week were also doing the Paris Dirty Weekend thing too!! Yet my Irish order shipped on Wed/Thurs this week didn't do the France trip and went straight from Stansted to Dublin??? Am I not attractive enough for our French friends? "No, we do not want im or iz PC, e iz to ugly for uz!!" :D :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And yours is an Irish delivery??

This is so weird, I thought the Tour de France thing for Irish orders thats now becoming a PCS forum meme was something that only happened for a very particular reason a week or two ago. Didn't realise orders shipping this week were also doing the Paris Dirty Weekend thing too!! Yet my Irish order shipped on Wed/Thurs this week didn't do the France trip and went straight from Stansted to Dublin???
No, it's the standard route due to Brexit.

It's the exact reason why Fedex are now one of the very few operators that will do European deliveries.

PCS used to use DPD for european deliveries, but they ceased operations to Europe after trying a couple of times after Brexit and realising it wasn't viable at the moment.

This is all outlined in the stickies, do read them, there's a lot of information in them.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Heres my FEDEX Tracking History. Note the lack of a Tour de France unless it made the trip on Thursday and FEDEX decided to follow the Golden Rule of 'What goes on in France, Stays in France' and are keeping quiet about the France trip. :D My delivery was scheduled for Friday before 6pm but perhaps they send only one truck in my direction and the 10:40am customs release meant it missed it and with no delivers over the weekend it meant my delivery was rescheduled for Monday???

FEDEX PCS Tracking.jpg

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Heres my FEDEX Tracking History. Note the lack of a Tour de France unless it made the trip on Thursday and FEDEX decided to follow the Golden Rule of 'What goes on in France, Stays in France' and are keeping quiet about the France trip. :D My delivery was scheduled for Friday before 6pm but perhaps they send only one truck in my direction and the 10:40am customs release meant it missed it and with no delivers over the weekend it meant my delivery was rescheduled for Monday???

View attachment 25380
It will probably be delivered tomorrow. My PC got released by customs as well on friday at 10:36 AM :)

How did you know thats what I was waiting for? :D

My Coolermaster Vertical GPU Mount V2 doesnt arrive till Thursday next week....

....nor does my lian li strimmer plus RGB 24pin power cable extension.
Well. Has it turned up? Mine says the same now! Delivery for tomorrow. I live in the city, so wouldn't be surprised if it came today or tomorrow.