Giant box of fun has been ordered.

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard ASUS® MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z: INTEL Z68 ROG MOTHERBOARD

Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6970 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

2nd Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6970 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

SSD CACHE DRIVE 20GB INTEL® SSD 311 SERIES - CACHE DRIVE FOR SYSTEM / 1st HDD

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ GOLD AX1200-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR(£208)

Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO II C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£99)

Sound Card Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series (£148)

Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Surge Protection 6 Socket Compact 2M UFO Surge Protector + Auto Power Off Function (£19)

Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

3rd Graphics Card NONE
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Home Installation NONE
Data Recovery NONE

Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

I had to change from the InWin Dragon Rider case to the CM Storm Sniper as PCS just updated the Dragon Rider this morning as being incompatible with my motherboard due to size.

Last edited:

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
As many times as I debated changing to a different card, telling myself that this 1 item was going to delay the entire thing for a literally unknown amount of time - I just love the 6990 & i'll add a second one a year or so down the line. It's almost impossible for me to prepare myself for a wait, due to me being slightly impatient anyway - but i'll sit it out because all good things come to those who do~ right? xD

*joins BirKy in the waiting queue*

UndeadJack

Master Poster
no no no, the question is, will it run calculator? and notepad? and together?

Doubt it. He needs dell inspiron for that....

On topic: That computer is like *drool* AMAZING. Only thing I can say is if got a second 6990 I would have to burn down PCS out of raging jealousy

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
i have a feeling the 6990s/590s wont be here for weeks imo id rather 2 580s

yeah sadly, i first ordered with a 6990 and got the no stock email so i went and changed to 580's. Knowing my luck something else is out of stock now! Day 9 of pre-pro and counting :)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
yeah sadly, i first ordered with a 6990 and got the no stock email so i went and changed to 580's. Knowing my luck something else is out of stock now! Day 9 of pre-pro and counting :)
I want a 6990 but I am still not old enough to work in McDonald's...... (sad but i need money)

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
lol! you guys xD

I agree, I probably am going to be waiting for like a month to get the PC on my doorstep because of the 6990, but I want my giant overpriced ugly-ass super loud jet engine sounding brick of a gpu.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with working at McDonald's for your first job. (just don't eat their food, if you can call it that)

When it arrives, i'll see how well it performs at running minesweeper with calculator & notepad open. /PUSHTOLIMIT
I might go all out & see if it can handle Diablo II.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
lol! you guys xD

I agree, I probably am going to be waiting for like a month to get the PC on my doorstep because of the 6990, but I want my giant overpriced ugly-ass super loud jet engine sounding brick of a gpu.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with working at McDonald's for your first job. (just don't eat their food, if you can call it that)

When it arrives, i'll see how well it performs at running minesweeper with calculator & notepad open. /PUSHTOLIMIT
I might go all out & see if it can handle Diablo II.

Don't you dare disrespect the golden arches. If I manage to get a job before christmas (not likely where I live) I will delay buying to get something much better than £850. Bulldozer XD

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
I was reading abit about the upcoming bulldozer, which has been delayed yet again. It's meant to apparently put the sandy bridge in it's place but there seems to be alot of speculation that it's all hype. Well from what i've seen, it's more than just speculation.

But you can guarantee that it'll be fairly priced if nothing else.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I was reading abit about the upcoming bulldozer, which has been delayed yet again. It's meant to apparently put the sandy bridge in it's place but there seems to be alot of speculation that it's all hype. Well from what i've seen, it's more than just speculation.

But you can guarantee that it'll be fairly priced if nothing else.

The enthusiast cpus may be out in 2 or 3 weeks. AMD said sept/early oct

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
Day 7 (5th working) & there's still no word on when there might be an available 6990.
This is in no way PCS' fault at all, but due to my natural impatience - i've updated the order to 2x 6970 in crossfire instead, as when I spoke to PCS' last week they said they'd have these in & ready this week.

The crossfire 6970s will out perform the single 6990, and down the road I can add a 3rd 6970, right?

It is kind of sad, I was looking forward to having the jet-engine 6990 - but my current PC really doesn't cut it & right now, I can't play any of my new games etc until the new one arrives.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Are you still only going to be using a single monitor if so your already on overkill for a good while, for 3xHD6970's you would need a minimum of 1500W PSU i think and the highest PCS stock are 1200W or at least thats what i have seen, if you went for GTX580's you could run 3 of those on a 1200W PSU but by the time you get to needing 3 of any card you will probably looking at a new system or even the latest cards that are out instead.

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
Are you still only going to be using a single monitor if so your already on overkill for a good while, for 3xHD6970's you would need a minimum of 1500W PSU i think and the highest PCS stock are 1200W or at least thats what i have seen, if you went for GTX580's you could run 3 of those on a 1200W PSU but by the time you get to needing 3 of any card you will probably looking at a new system or even the latest cards that are out instead.

If the crossfired 6970s last me 3 years or so without having to resort to running things on low - then i'll be very happy just keeping the 2 & then either upgrading or replacing the PC at that time. Getting the 2 6970s i've been told will perform better in basically every way over a single 6990, and the dual-core GPUs have a greatly enhanced fail rate I read on here, by PCS directly. The last thing I want is my stuff to fail on me.

If the 6990 was in stock i'd have stayed with that, but I really am in need of a PC right now. My Dead Island pre-order has been unlocked on Steam for over a week & all I can do is look at it which is no fun.

I do feel kind of bad, after contacting PCS yesterday to check on the 6990 situation - then telling them I was going to wait it out. Then an hour later or so changing my order to 2x 6970. (sorry, PCS! ;<)

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
Pre-Producccctionnnn, yus!

Went straight out of processing & into pre-production the same day I changed to the crossfired 6970s, which is great.
Now comes the refresh-storm to see when it starts being built.