GOT season 4. SPOILER ALERT

bigben

Master Poster
Lol that's awesome. Much better ending.

My favourite part was when arya and the hound got to the place with the moon door and find out that her aunt is dead. Loved Aryas reaction..

tom_gr7

Life Serving
[video=youtube;UGj-IwRMA7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGj-IwRMA7s&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

oh dear... i have a feeling we are going to lose some characters tonight...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What I really liked was that they just stuck with the Wall all the way through. Can't believe it ends next week!

Was sure John and/or Sam were going to die, so that was a nice change of pace :)

Loved the giants, but am a bit confused tbh about how the White Walkers fit in, because I don't think they are with the wildlings...but i'll find that out in time :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yeah I enjoyed the episode. I was expecting to lose John or Sam. However, we did lose a few of John's nightswatch mates and the ginger chick (cant remember her name). Oh an sam made a killer head shot with that little crossbow!

No idea what john is doing at the end.... Marching off past the wall on his tod, Cant see that ending well.

[video=youtube;CtA1NIphSbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CtA1NIphSbo[/video]

Excited :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I presume we'll tie up the Tyrion story in the final ep (good or bad..PLEASE NOT BAD!). And hopefully make progress with Arya, because she's been trudging around with the Hound all series, it's about time she actually had somewhere clean to sit down :) (thinking maybe a tie in with Sansa...)

(Remember you literary people, no spoilers! Even though the show's writers have proved they can deviate from the books...and in some cases "Out George R R Martin" George R R Martin :) )

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nothing to do with spoilers etc (well, sort of at the end), but just thought it was pretty good :)

[video=youtube;itn8highTRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itn8highTRo[/video]

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
HE.DIDN'T.DIE! :D

Also, loved Varys' about face when he heard the alarm bells...glad he helped Tyrion, that guy's got ball...uhm, well, yeh he's brave :)

Great last episode imo, BUT IT WILL BE SOOOO LONG TIL THE NEXT ONE! :(

Tom DWC

Haha the bit with Varys was brilliant. I'll just head back into the castle, I was never... ah. Actually I'll just chill in here for a bit. Such a great character, absolute master when it comes to surviving the politics of King's Landing.

The closing scenes with Tyrion were fantastic. As for the events in The North, never saw that coming!

Brienne is basically just a medieval tank.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
One thing that did confuse me a bit was Stannis arriving. I don't think I even remember him setting out North, so when all those horses turned up, I genuinely had no idea who it was that had arrived :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yea stanis seemed to magic himself up north. Will be interesting to see what is going to happen next. Maybe a stannis / widling aliance to bring the pain to those nasty boltons! Do hope tht fire witch stays away from john snow thou.

Awesome fight between brianne and the hound, along with arya leaving him to die and heading to bravos.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Yea stanis seemed to magic himself up north. Will be interesting to see what is going to happen next. Maybe a stannis / widling aliance to bring the pain to those nasty boltons! Do hope tht fire witch stays away from john snow thou.

Awesome fight between brianne and the hound, along with arya leaving him to die and heading to bravos.

I was genuinely surprised (and a little alarmed!) that she left the Hound to die though - I thought that they had bonded quite a bit! What was that thing she gave to the ship captain at the end? Wasn't quite sure.

Was sad Miss Clarke locked up her dragons though. Bit harsh she had to shut them in the dark! I bet that comes back around to bite her in the backside (pun intended!)

Also Bran's storyline is the DULLEST of the DULL. Literally I can't stand it - I'm so glad his pal took a dagger multiple times to his chest.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
She still always hated the Hound, and he was on her list after all. In a way, not killing him was her way of finally getting him :)

I suppose once the dragons started killing 3 year old kids, Danny had little choice but to keep them locked away...although the biggun is still out there...

The coin/token Arya gave to the captain was given to her by the Braavosi fella that freed them (the guy that changes his face). He told her something about if she ever needed help etc etc.

Yeh Bran and Bran's story is dull. And I still cant work out how the hell they have managed to get that far into the North without anyone noticing :) (well until the skelingtons did).

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
She still always hated the Hound, and he was on her list after all. In a way, not killing him was her way of finally getting him :)

Yeah I know... I just thought she would have been a bit more merciful. All the characters in GoT are just extreme personalities - there is no middle ground!

I suppose once the dragons started killing 3 year old kids, Danny had little choice but to keep them locked away...although the biggun is still out there...

Yeah, but she didn't need to shut them in a hole :p She can't keep them there forever!

The coin/token Arya gave to the captain was given to her by the Braavosi fella that freed them (the guy that changes his face). He told her something about if she ever needed help etc etc.

This rings a bell now! I think I remember that! I wonder how badass she will become over time :)

Yeh Bran and Bran's story is dull. And I still cant work out how the hell they have managed to get that far into the North without anyone noticing :) (well until the skelingtons did).

How did they get past the wall?! They are past the wall, right? I may have forgotten this part too...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Yeh I think I missed that too, but I am certain they are out there, because they got caught at Craster's (spelling) by the bad Night's Watch guys :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Gotta love this guys reviews.

Warning, does involve swearing

[video=youtube;gt_Qdms6K3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gt_Qdms6K3E[/video]

bigben

Master Poster
Just finished watching it, wow didn't see any of that coming.
I also can't stand the hodor scenes, so dull.

edit: gutted about the hound, few of my favourite moments of his:
Lots of swearing below

[video=youtube_share;eTlFnwGB8YU]http://youtu.be/eTlFnwGB8YU[/video]
[video=youtube_share;A324-jWFar0]http://youtu.be/A324-jWFar0[/video]

and of course:

[video=youtube_share;KtCsmSMRiC0]http://youtu.be/KtCsmSMRiC0?t=50s[/video]

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Well, it's official, I don't know what to do with my life now this is over. There is nothing on telly to look forward to :(