gtx460 gtx465

Gorman

Author Level
When I was researching whether 460 or 465 I saw a couple of benchmarks and almost all games showed the 460 actually beating the 465, with the 465 coming closer to the 700MB version of the 460 than the 1GB. True it's GF100 which is better that 104 but it's a completely stipped down 100 compared to a proper 104 and that makes me more comfortable inside too ;).

The 460 is a lot like the 8800Gt was, there are so many factory overclocked cards out there it gives a twisted perspective when googling random benches online.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Are the GPU's sold by PCS overclocked or at stock? If at stock do they provide an overclocked option? Also is there an option to add a fan controller to a build?

Gorman

Author Level
Are the GPU's sold by PCS overclocked or at stock? If at stock do they provide an overclocked option? Also is there an option to add a fan controller to a build?

Most of the cards are stock, you can pretty much guarantee it will be a stock card unless stated otherwise, some models have a slight factory overclock but nothing worth shouting about.

We do not offer an overclocking service for GPU's at the moment and our warranty does not cover it either.

We also dont carry any fan controllers.

Sleinous

Author Level
No fan controller im afraid, I did look into this at some point myself :)

I believe the 460 PCS sell is the Sonic, but non platinum I think (so regular clock) and the platinum if I remember correctly has a slight factory overclock to it.

Having said that, the 2GB GTX 460 IS a slight overclocked version, so may be worth considering that one if you really want that tiny bit more.

No, PCS do not overclock them themselves.