HD6970 or GTX570?

HD6970 or GTX570?

• Total voters

LinearHD

Rising Star
I can't decide between the two, theyre both basically the same price and they both have pros and cons, and I just wanted to know what others thought of this :)

Last edited:

JSG10

Expert
Another vote for Nvidia here :) Their GTX500 series cards are fantastic :) Will be getting one myself soon I expect

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'd say 570.

What is it they say?

"AMD gives you more bang for your buck...but if you have enough bucks, go nVidia"

I think thats it...

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
... or if you want more accurate colour reproduction. If it's just for gaming I guess the consensus is nVidia. If you're going to be using it as a media centre for DVD/blu-ray playback and/or photo manipulation then steer clear of nVidia, their cards cut a lot of corners when it comes to processing video & general colour regurgitation.
The AMD cards are far superior (even the low end ones) to nVidia (even the higher end ones) for deeper blacks, higher contrast and less ghosting on moving images when moving across high contrast boundaries.

Gorman

Author Level
... or if you want more accurate colour reproduction. If it's just for gaming I guess the consensus is nVidia. If you're going to be using it as a media centre for DVD/blu-ray playback and/or photo manipulation then steer clear of nVidia, their cards cut a lot of corners when it comes to processing video & general colour regurgitation.
The AMD cards are far superior (even the low end ones) to nVidia (even the higher end ones) for deeper blacks, higher contrast and less ghosting on moving images when moving across high contrast boundaries.

yuno.png

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Well,seems I'm the only one so far to vote AMD,but only cos i've got one.
I have a 5870 & having no problems with it,but to be honest i kind of regret not sticking with nVidia.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Nvidia has Physics also so lees strain on the CPU.

Also Nvidia does not cut corners on video/photo minipulation, they are far superior to AMD, just look at all those CUDA cores! How many does AMD have?

Gorman

Author Level
If people are going to make claims, either side of the fence, about specific advantages one way or the other i must say again:

yuno.png