How fast is your internet according to Speed Test?

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I really should wire my laptop in more often using ethernet... (check out my speedtest in my sig!)

Also managed to get 45 down and 35 up on my 4G EE phone yesterday.

Rack

Enthusiast
Where are you with your 4G Slim? I got 54 down and 34 up in Cardiff the other day :D. (EE GS4)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
No point even posting a speed test for mine but heres my stats.

2.6Mb/s down .6Mb/s Up. Ping 23ms.

Yamikotai

Expert
This is what a friend of mine gets in halls

3039336687.png

Deklore

Bright Spark
Ahh this is one of those tests where lowest is best right? in which case I WIN :D

3042225401.png

Ahh, the joys of living in rural Scotland! :whistling:

Last edited:

Matrix510

Bronze Level Poster
University Internet... Yet some of you get this at your homes! My home isn't anything to shout about...

My woeful home internet.

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
Just remembered a funny little incident involving myt ISP and Speedtest. One of the other lodgers here was the one who had Virgin broadband installed and we shared the cost, unfortunately he passed away and we had to cancel the broadband service.

We set up a new account and had it switched on, first thing i did was check that i was getting the speeds i should do (had problems with Virgins speeds inthe past), cranked up speedtest and lo an behold my brand spanking new 60 meg connection was only showing 10 meg, so i phoned support.

After patiently waiting for a human being (although not a native english speaker i'm sure) i finally speak to someone and explain. The support guy then proceded to tell me (within seconds of me explaining) that he had thoroughly tested the connection and i was getting what i was paying for, he also told me (including a long list of BS reasons) that speedtest was not acurate and i should not use it to check my connection speed, to which i replied "so why is it plastered all over your website and why does your suport page specifically explain how to check your conncection speed using speedtest?", he went very quiet, then asked me to hold and after about three minutes of horrible hold music the line mysteriously goes dead.

I phoned them right back and forced my way through their CSR's until i spoke to someone with a little more authority and explained what had happened and that i was not happy, he apologized and said he would look into it and took my details. Three days later i received a letter of apology and 50% discount for that years rental :D

bigben

Master Poster

lol at my upload speed. BT Infinity - their engineer told us that as we had been promised 30mb they're not allowed to give us less than 15mb downloads. Tut tut.
Also, not sure why it says that I'm ~100miles from Bristol seeing as I live in Bristol...

Androcles

Rising Star
Dude it's UK only! I'm sure I could find some village in Somalia that doesn't even have internet! Don't change the rules ;)

Nobody said it was UK only, stop adding rules :p

if you want UK here ya go .. :p

1589499439.png

(not mine obviously)

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Are you just finding random test results or are these legitimately your speeds?! Mine was genuinely from my home, not one I'd pulled off the web ;)