Internet Connected to Wifi - no internet connection

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, we need to really blat this then.

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Network & Internet.
  3. Click on Status.
  4. Under the "Advanced network settings" section, click the Network reset option.
  5. Click the Reset now button.
  6. Click the Yes button.
After you complete the steps, the computer will restart automatically, and on reboot, you should now be able to connect to the internet.

The tool will reset all the network adapters installed on your computer to their factory defaults, which means that you'll need to re-enter the password to connect to a wireless network. Also, you'll need to reconfigure other networking software, such as VPN clients, if applicable.

Make sure you select Private network when it reconnects.
Thanks! I’ll give this a go 👍🏻In response to the poster above you, we have a BT infinite Halo or something along those lines. It’s one of their latest routers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies with the above, they may have changed it depending on which version of windows you have.

If it's not where it's listed above, it will be:

1. Open Settings.
  3. Click on Status.
Then it's right at the bottom of the page saying reset network:

1616019483340.png

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, we need to really blat this then.

1. Open Settings.
  3. Click on Status.
  4. Under the "Advanced network settings" section, click the Network reset option.
  5. Click the Reset now button.
  6. Click the Yes button.
After you complete the steps, the computer will restart automatically, and on reboot, you should now be able to connect to the internet.

The tool will reset all the network adapters installed on your computer to their factory defaults, which means that you'll need to re-enter the password to connect to a wireless network. Also, you'll need to reconfigure other networking software, such as VPN clients, if applicable.

Make sure you select Private network when it reconnects.
Didn’t work 😞

D

Deleted member 17413

Could bullguard have left damage behind?
Its got to be software related.

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
Could bullguard have left damage behind?
Its got to be software related.
How would I go about resetting windows without bullguard. I’ve uninstalled the programme so I’d assume that giving it a proper reset would clear any left over issues

D

Deleted member 17413

Im more thinking out loud, that would be a final solution type thing if it had done something, the Mods are far better at acually fixing the error though rather than wiping everything and starting again.

It may not be a case of needing to do that

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How would I go about resetting windows without bullguard. I’ve uninstalled the programme so I’d assume that giving it a proper reset would clear any left over issues
I think it's a good idea as @sibun1 says to try a reset.

In this instance you can go to settings / update and security / recovery, then reset this PC. Make sure to delete all apps and data.

1616020165431.png

But make sure when you do it it's connected via ethernet to the router and then run windows updates while it's wired repetitively until none left. Then try connecting wifi again.

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
I think it's a good idea as @sibun1 says to try a reset.

In this instance you can go to settings / update and security / recovery, then reset this PC. Make sure to delete all apps and data.

View attachment 23828

But make sure when you do it it's connected via ethernet to the router and then run windows updates while it's wired repetitively until none left. Then try connecting wifi again.
Currently running the reset. Unfortunately I can’t reach the Ethernet - I’ve got some longer ones at work so will bring them back tomorrow to finish anything that hasn’t sorted it.
Thanks again everyone 👍🏻👍🏻

D

Deleted member 17413

Maybe start right from the beginning with it.
Unscrew the antennae, take the card out and reinsert it, double check when screwing on the antennae that its properly aligned with the screw thread, do a clean install off a boot usb and start afresh.

It worked before, you did all the updates, so you know the card itself is ok, but something weird is going on.

D

Deleted member 17413

The other culpret is the router, do you connect direct to the hub, or do you have your own router and the BT hub is acting as a modem?
Have you speed tested it on the other laptop? If you look at the hub network log is it showing any errors?

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
The other culpret is the router, do you connect direct to the hub, or do you have your own router and the BT hub is acting as a modem?
Have you speed tested it on the other laptop? If you look at the hub network log is it showing any errors?
Speed test from another laptop is showing 150-200mbps download which is plentiful with no issues. I’ll get it hooked up with the Ethernet tomorrow and see what I can sort out driver wise and unplug the wifi card and start again 😊

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
We have a open reach box that the router connects to. I would assume we use it as a router as we don’t have anything else in the house that acts as a router.
I’ll try a few things tomorrow and get back to you all. 😊

D

Deleted member 17413

Then its something on the PC, it must be... maybe a completely clean install is the way forward?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In addition to all the above, can you please open a command prompt (type cmd.exe in the Run command box) and type the command ipconfig /all. Post a screenshot of that output - post two if you have to scroll the output.

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
I'm now connected via an ethernet cable to the wifi hub extender. So it seems to be working fine.

Only issue is after doing the windows reset it's removed some of the preinstalled apps by PCS. What apps do they have for RGB control? I have installed iCUE but couldn't remember the other one that was on here.

Thanks in advance,

D

Deleted member 17413

You can visit nvidia directly and manaully search for the driver for your GPu, I would suggest not installing geforce experience, and choose to do a custom install. you only want the driver itself, the physx and the usb c boxes ticked, not the audio or the geforce experience ones. https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/drivers/

It may be worth going to the AMD site as well and just checking the chipset drivers, it has a tool that will check your system and use teh most up to date/correct ones https://www.amd.com/en/support

LazyOldWoman

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks!
Still getting the 'No internet secured' message for the wifi but as I can now use ethernet it's not as big of any issue. Obviously frustrating as we paid for the wifi card and it doesn't seem to be working properly somewhere