Kinda unimpressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz

Master
Sorry to have hi-jacked your thread, but it summed up things pretty well. I look forward to joining you in your happy place.

NOt a problem, thats what the forums are for.

I know a new PC is something everyone is looking forward to getting their hands on, and this often makes it seem worse when you have to wait. But sometimes you do have to muster up that patience you have within yourself, and suck it up and wait. As someone already mentioned, 30 working days is outlined in the T+C's.
If your order passes 30 working days, then i would endorse sometimes dissatisfaction, but until my timescale reaches that 30 days (which i hope it wont!) i shall sit patiently in excitement at my order arriving!

Martyn.

Just because something is in the terms and conditions doesnt mean its good service (not talking about any company in pertic) The T&C are set out in interest of both parties. If they say 30 days for eg this is pretty much an end stage (worst case situation) most times.

I in fact have NEVER purchased something and had to wait that long. But as I mentioned before, stuff does happen and situations arise. Its inevitable. The difference for me is the way people communicate with you and how they then deal with the situation.

Friend mine bought new phone online. It didnt work he sent it back, now the hassle he is having getting his refund is beyond belief. At least everyone knows with PCS they may have issues from time to time but its helps having a friendly service to find out what the problems are.

JonnyBoi

I suppose PCS can take solace in the fact that customers can't wait for the goods that PCS supply (they must be doing something right)

On a side note; I just checked to see if I could fast track (hoping the MOBO order came in early) and guess what? The MOBO isn't showing up as out of stock!

But the following now are:

AMD BULLDOZER EIGHT CORE FX-8150 (3.60GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3)
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£69)
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£146)
Logitech® Webcam C210 - built-in-mic & VGA quality video sensor (£15)
LOGITECH� WIRELESS GAMING HEADSET G930 - 7.1 SURROUND SOUND (�145)

I know I'm being impatient - I just didn't expect that!

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Okay, just checked all those items, the CPU and Headset are the only 2 out of stock (G930's ordered in on request), the rest are in stock but we have sold more than we have and it won't let you get the fastrack in case the replacement items (which are on ordeR) do not arrive on their scheduled times. The exact message you got was:

Unfortunately we cannot offer a priority delivery service on this specification because the following items are currently pre-sold and new inventories may not arrive in time to cover your order:

Most of these items should be replenished by Thursday/Friday.

Brian_B

I think the problem comes with your *Standard Build - Approx 10-12 working days* option on your order page. My new PC has been in *pre-production* now for 11 days. It is now obvious from your latest figures that the *odds* on getting the PC within your *approx working days window* are hopelessly optimistic. 23% shipped within 14 days is the giveaway here.

I then read this thread and see the issues with *items not in stock* and just wonder what may be the issue with my order.

I must admit that I am now starting to doubt whether this PC was worth ordering from you now. I recently fell victim to the *MESH Computer Debacle* and my feet are starting to twitch a little.

I wish I had chosen the *fast-track option* now...even if it meant pushing all the *Standard delivery* orders to the back of the queue..which is obviously the situation that is happening now.

Apologies for the negativity BUT this is my first experience with your company...and as you well appreciate first impressions go a long way in maintaining customer loyalty and future recommendations.

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hello Brian,

I completely understand where you you are coming from, I would suggest an extension on the lead time but the average dispatch time of Pc's over the last 5 days is a actually 16-7 days, which is about 12-13 working days and is currently dropping, the problem is you don't hear form the people who get theirs out in 7-8 days and we mainly hear from the people who are taking over the 10-12 working day leadtime, so it looks like it is going one way rather than the other, we still have all the chaps working overtime, and some stock has been delayed which is currently holding things up, although this is nothing unsuual, the sheer amount of orders we have at the moment has made the issue more severe, and some orders have been delayed alot longer than we would like.

Please be assured we are doing everything we can to get the leadtimes down, unfortunately your email and username are not linked to your order so I cannot find you on our system to find out what it is your order may be waiting for.

Like many forum members have said, if you let us know, we will find out what it is waiting for.

Hopefully we can get this to you ASAP!

Brian_B

the problem is you don't hear form the people who get theirs out in 7-8 days and we mainly hear from the people who are taking over the 10-12 working day leadtime, so it looks like it is going one way rather than the other..

Thank you for your reply.

Judging by your current live dispatch figures you may well be deluged with concerned *where is my PC* customers.

I have now phoned your customer help line and was informed that the hard drive was out of stock. I have since now changed this drive for a similar model. If I had been contacted via email by your sales team, concerning this shortage, my fears would have been eased some what.

I honestly think you need to look after your Pre PC delivery customers in a more professional and understanding manner. I fully appreciate that you are busy at this time, but to the individual waiting on new hardware, this is of no concern to them.

Brian_B

This is the standard email update I received from your team 6 days ago, and I quote (ommiting personal details)

Dear xxxx xxxxx

We are currently processing your order (number 44xxxx) and we aim to dispatch your order as soon as possible. Your order has so far been in processing for 5-6 working days. Because of the way our production facility works, sometimes orders can take 7-8 working days to enter the building and testing process, but please be assured that we aim to dispatch your order as soon as possible.

As soon as we have any further updates on the current status of your order we will contact you by email. Once your order is dispatched, providing you have entered your mobile phone number into your account details, we will send you a text message to inform you of this.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone on 0844 499 4000 or by emailing us using our online messaging system.

Kind Regards

JonnyBoi

I've just amended my order to get it fast tracked.

I should have done this yesterday :p

To be honest, if I was aware that you guys had to order in specific parts such as the Logitec Headset I would not have chosen it as I can get it cheaper elsewhere while my machine is built, I chose it because of convenience,

I feel bad for constantly going on about it because the support I've gotten on the forums and when I've called PCS has been excellent, but I still feel as though the whole ordering process could be clearer,

Anyway I'm happy that I've got this sorted although If I had had the information when I created my my spec I wouldn't have had to deal with any of this,

P.S: Sorry for making you order me a headset that I'm no longer going to use :p

Also unimpressed

First off, I appreciate the fact that parts may not be in stock, but waiting 10 days in pre production with no information on my order is pretty annoying.

Lol sorry my bad I feel bad now. Just realised the 10th working day thing was including my processing time.

Last edited:

Maestro

A full explanation, that will hopefully help you understand how we work and what happens to your order once placed.

When you place your order it is at the bottom of the pile, in terms of the queue to be built. From the moment your order starts processing it is moving up the queue to be built. However during this time we carry out things such as fraud checks. We also make sure we have the parts for your order, and order them if not.

We keep most items in stock, but there will always be a couple of components that are in constraint. Components that have just been released for example. This can affect a particular orders delivery time. Once all this has been done, then your order enters pre-production. The time taken until your order enters pre-production is largely determined by how busy we are. Please note that the approx lead time that you are provided with when ordering is approximate. This time frame is determined by the average time it has taken to dispatch deliveries over the ast two months. Most orders will still be dispatched within this advertised window but it is not guaranteed, it is just a indicator. Some orders will be dispatched earlier than this, and some will take longer.

Pre-production means that all processing of your order, fraud , stock check is complete and your order has been printed by the spec picker (the guy who physically picks the stock of the shelves to be built). Again, this can be a waiting game while your order sheet moves up the pile. Once the sheet is at the top, it is picked and built. The whole process is very fluid, and actual lead times can change daily. We only have a set number of staff, so a surge in orders will will cause the lead time to grow, while a quiet week will see it shorten.

As stated above the last few weeks have been extremely busy, which is feeding through to the lead time advertised. A few weeks ago it was 6-8 working days and is now 9-12 or something like that. Traditionally this period of the year right after Christmas is our busiest believe it or not, so I would expect the lead time could still grow.
Please however rest assured that we do all we can in such busy periods to deliver your order as quickly as possible. I understand it is a frustrating period waiting for your dream machine.

During busy times such as these we get the team working overtime to keep the lead time down as much as possible. What we cannot do is simply go out and employ more staff on a whim because we have had a busy few weeks. The reason why we are so competitive on price is because we are very efficient and keep overheads down. We have to strike a steady balance on staff numbers because it is not busy week in week out all year round. There are traditional quiet periods.

For those customers who require a PC urgently then there is the fast track service. All checks are done immediately and your order goes straight to the top of the pile.
Finally, I would ask all customers to be patient. Remember the less staff we have to use answering emails and taking phone calls regarding status of order the more staff we can use in production building and testing your computers. If your order is taking longer than you expected then there is a reason for this and you can rest assured it has not been forgotten, but it just simply means we are busy.

Reactions: PCS

BaldyBob

Thanks for the explanation.

Mine arrived today, despatched Friday but annoyingly no Saturday delivery. So 15 work days in all from order to despatch

Havn't had time to get set up and probably won't for a few days but thought it only fair that I follow up on my moan. Initial impressions good at this early stage as far as packaging and welcome booklet concerned. So what some might say, but it matters.

This comment from an earlier post,unfortunately your email and username are not linked to your order so I cannot find you on our system to find out what it is your order may be waiting for.

However, after my moan the build/test/QC completed in one day. Could be a co-incidence but thanks either way!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
glad ya got it mate, unfortunately DPD charge PCS extra for delivery on a Saturday.

enjoy ya new pc mate.

Brian_B

Thanks for the explanation.

Mine arrived today..However, after my moan the build/test/QC completed in one day. Could be a co-incidence but thanks either way!

Perhaps I should moan more..mines been in QC for 2 days now. Pleased you got your PC..I am hoping mine is worth the wait.

@Tom_gr7, perhaps PCS should have waived the extra charge for Saturday delivery as a good will gesture..just an idea..just sayin'

Corfate

Author Level
Perhaps I should moan more..mines been in QC for 2 days now. Pleased you got your PC..I am hoping mine is worth the wait.

@Tom_gr7, perhaps PCS should have waived the extra charge for Saturday delivery as a good will gesture..just an idea..just sayin'

Better it being with them in QC than with you, having problems :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Mine took 21 working days, a couple of days added due to several changes made to my original specification. I did pay attention to the estimated building times but I think the wait is expected due to the different parts you can choose from and the level of orders they get on a weekly basis. It can definitely improve but anything less than 20 working days seems reasonable in my opinion, I could have used fast track but the specific components I requested were not available hence the wait.

IronTiger

My laptop was ordered on 5ft of march now is the end of the day so im going to say 20 of march and its still in pre-production... I hope i get it by the end of the week although it seems very unlikely

Rage!

LOL I waited 23 days (17 working days) for my laptop to come. I finally get it and start it up, go through the setup stage and it decides to shut itself down. The guy on the phone told me to uninstall the graphics card but it didn't work. So now its getting sent back to get a replacement graphics card. Hopefully I don't need to wait another 23 days!

I see. Well hopefully mine is too :). From what I have seen, my laptop looks awesome, I was just in a mood because I waited so long. I am impressed with it apart from the issue of not starting up obviously but i'm sure pcs will sort it for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.