Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Rather than just watching TV, how about watching some wildlife? We spotted the first long tailed tits of the year today and saw our regular red squirrel visitors. Living in a semi-rural location has its advantages. During lockdown we have had roe deer, foxes, hedgehogs, badgers and many different birds in the garden. We often hear tawny owls and GSWs. Within a mile from home I have seen grey herons, merganser, over 1,000 pink footed geese, buzzards and an Osprey. A few miles further also gives us red kites and a trip to the coast allows us to see bottle nosed dolphins from the shore, grey and harbour seals in their hundreds, cormorants, eiders and puffins. These beat TV hands down.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Rather than just watching TV, how about watching some wildlife? We spotted the first long tailed tits of the year today and saw our regular red squirrel visitors. Living in a semi-rural location has its advantages. During lockdown we have had roe deer, foxes, hedgehogs, badgers and many different birds in the garden. We often hear tawny owls and GSWs. Within a mile from home I have seen grey herons, merganser, over 1,000 pink footed geese, buzzards and an Osprey. A few miles further also gives us red kites and a trip to the coast allows us to see bottle nosed dolphins from the shore, grey and harbour seals in their hundreds, cormorants, eiders and puffins. These beat TV hands down.
Yeah Red Kites are a common garden bird around here, also get Egrets on the local river, have even seen the occasional Kingfisher, also if you go down the Thames loads of different water fowl.

When i went out earlier, this little guy was sat on the back of my car, looks as though he had something yummy in his beak

1622998999794.jpeg

steaky360

Not very high brow, but we just finished season 5 of Lucifer on Netflix, if you like mildly light hearted comic book esq TV based looksly on the sandman depiction of the 'lord of hell' I'd suggest giving it a shot, definite mental bubblegum though.

Final Space's latest season is coming to a close soon (end of June I think) so would suspect it'll make its way to Netflix UK soon (its a brilliant cartoon)

Also, Wrath of Man (new Guy Ritchie movie) is absolutely fantastic, because of that I realised that it was Guy Ritchie who directed the 'new' Aladin Movie (live action one with Will Smith, also very good if you've not seen it)

(not that anyone needs a link to Aladin)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not very high brow, but we just finished season 5 of Lucifer on Netflix, if you like mildly light hearted comic book esq TV based looksly on the sandman depiction of the 'lord of hell' I'd suggest giving it a shot, definite mental bubblegum though.

Final Space's latest season is coming to a close soon (end of June I think) so would suspect it'll make its way to Netflix UK soon (its a brilliant cartoon)

Also, Wrath of Man (new Guy Ritchie movie) is absolutely fantastic, because of that I realised that it was Guy Ritchie who directed the 'new' Aladin Movie (live action one with Will Smith, also very good if you've not seen it)

(not that anyone needs a link to Aladin)
I’m loving final space, it’s sooo good 👍🏼

Bhuna50

Author Level
I got through all of Panic. Enjoyed it.

Now on 10th episode of Travelers on Netflix. Another good series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m all about The Bad Batch right now. I never got into the animated Clone Wars stuff from the Star Wars universe, it seemed childish and pandering to the nerds. This series is ace! Suspend your disbelief and give it a go 👍

rouchie

Rising Star
I watched the first episode and so far not overwhelmed, but it was intriguing! I was underwhelmed with the first couple of episodes of WandaVision, but then really enjoyed it as it all pieced together, so hopes are still high on Loki

steaky360

I’m all about The Bad Batch right now. I never got into the animated Clone Wars stuff from the Star Wars universe, it seemed childish and pandering to the nerds. This series is ace! Suspend your disbelief and give it a go 👍
So the bad batch has made Mrs Steaky and I start watching the clone wars in between things... remarkably compelling.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Not a watch, but a listen. Hordes of the Things was a 1980s spoof of a well known book and radio production. I will let you guess. You should be able to find a download online. You need a certain sense of humour to appreciate this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple of series worth mentioning:

Rush - about an off the books doctor, have just watched a couple of episodes while doing other things, but it really draws you in, hard to break away from. Same actor that was in Lucifer. And has Odette Annable who is just one of the most beautiful women in the world ever.

kJBojIKuyFfoagQRpWwgSxkL0qUw9gxTqEnccNGjXps.jpg

Future Man - Sooooo funny! So utterly inappropriate. Premise is that a geeky teenager who is obsessed with gaming is playing his favorite game one night and he completes it. Turns out the game is actually a test set by renaissance fighters in the future to find the saviour of the timelines, and they hunt him down to train him for the ensuing battles. Utterly hysterical. It's hopefully just about to start Season 4.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Future Man - Sooooo funny! So utterly inappropriate. Premise is that a geeky teenager who is obsessed with gaming is playing his favorite game one night and he completes it. Turns out the game is actually a test set by renaissance fighters in the future to find the saviour of the timelines, and they hunt him down to train him for the ensuing battles. Utterly hysterical. It's hopefully just about to start Season 4.

Just started watching it and it’s pretty corny. Where have you seen it’s about to start series 4? Wiki and my TV app seem to imply that it’s ended after season 3.

And yes quite inappropriate humour. In hysterics following the completion of the game and the arrival to ask for help. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Where have you seen it’s about to start series 4? Wiki and my TV app seem to imply that it’s ended after season 3.
You're right, appears it was only licensed for 3 seasons when it was approved in 2019, that's unacceptable!

And yes quite inappropriate humour. In hysterics following the completion of the game and the arrival to ask for help.
emoji23.png
Yeah, I fell out of my chair at that point :ROFLMAO: It doesn't get any more appropriate, in fact pretty much the whole of Wolf's part in Season 2 is not what you'd want to teach anyone living.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Watching Loki at the minute which is fantastic. Just wish I didn't have to wait a week for each episode

I've also finally gotten around to watching Ash vs The Evil Dead and I absolutely love it. Don't know why I held off so long to start but I blasted through the whole first season in a weekend

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've also finally gotten around to watching Ash vs The Evil Dead and I absolutely love it. Don't know why I held off so long to start but I blasted through the whole first season in a weekend
So so good and they kept to the films so well.

There's rumours that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are producing a new evil dead film set in the city.