Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Not a recommendation from me by any means, but there was a discussion a couple of months back in this thread about Cobra Kai. I'm going to dip my toes into it and give it a go while I'm self-isolating due to Covid!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Not a recommendation from me by any means, but there was a discussion a couple of months back in this thread about Cobra Kai. I'm going to dip my toes into it and give it a go while I'm self-isolating due to Covid!
Oh buddy, you’re in for a treat. If you can be bothered, it’s worth watching the Karate Kid movies first to refresh your memory of the characters. But even if you don’t, prepare yourself for some excellent entertainment!

045A0846-1D51-43BD-95DC-0A1DDA283D47.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I agree. I often can’t stand what many others think is brilliant. People raved about Pulp Fiction, but I found it boring and predictable
If we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place, kudos to you 👍

As a lover of all things Lynchian, I’m often in a particular minority. I’ve had previous girlfriends ask me what my favourite films are because they want to watch them with me. But after 45 minutes of Inland Empire they’re asking what’s going on and what the hell’s wrong with me for finding it entertaining 😆

Mrs Cooper managed to last the whole movie and afterwards she just looked at me and said, ‘I now understand why you are the way you are’.

I didn’t question her about what she meant for fear of what the answer might be.

Edo

Bronze Level Poster
More happened for sure, but better? I'm not so sure about that either haha
Well obviously last episode of season 1 added that new element that you wouldn’t expect and spiced up things between seasons. Plus you get extra points for Sean bean

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I rate Seany Boy, he usually has really good parts and where I’m sure a lot of that is to do with the writing, I have no doubt a lot of it is down to Sean.
I could literally listen to him all day. So many of the hours I've put into Civ VI are partly because he's the narrator. I'm hoping to play A Plague Tale soonish as he narrates that too!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is an old film now, but I don't think it's that well known.

Angel Heart, with Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro. 1987

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend, it's just a really really well done film all round.

It's on Amazon Prime, but you have to pay.

Last edited: