Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just read a small story about Croatoan and it reminded me of Mindhunters (2004 movie, not the series).

I'm not really sure how to recommend this movie as it fell pretty flat in it's eventual release. Not sure what happened with the production but it stalled many times. I actually saw the movie, IIRC, 2 years before it was officially released..... via certain methods. Myself, and one of my colleagues from work, absolutely loved the movie and raved about it for ages. By the time it actually came out I think we had pretty much forgotten about it and then when I saw the review scores I was quite surprised.

For me the movie did a lot of things very well. It throws you off guard and keeps you guessing for the most part. I don't know how well it will have aged as at the time there weren't many films with the similar sort of suspense ideas..... nowadays there are plenty that may give the game away.

Anyway, if you've nothing else doing.... check out Mindhunters. Cast includes Johnny Lee Miller, Christian Slater, LL Cool J, Patricia Velasquez etc.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just finished watching The People vs OJ Simpson on Netflix. Definitely worth a view, paints a very tense picture of the justice system and ingrained racism of the LAPD at that time. The hoops that both defence and prosecution are both willing to jump through in order to achieve their goals is also hard to watch.

Mrs C was a bit too young and a bit too French to remember it as it played out originally and it was genuinely fascinating to watch her reactions as the plot unfolded.

MrWilson

Godlike
Finished Book of Boba, have to admit that the quality seemed to slip in the middle of the season, but the last 3 episodes were worth slogging through episodes 3&4 to get to.

Also saw Encanto, Disney seems to have varying dips with their recent animated offerings, but I have to say that they smashed it out of the park this time round. Possibly because it breaks the form of traditional stories, but it has real grounded emotion (ironic when the premise is a family with superpowers) and was tugging on my heartstrings throughout. Some absolute bangers from Lin Manuel Miranda too!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Finished Book of Boba, have to admit that the quality seemed to slip in the middle of the season, but the last 3 episodes were worth slogging through episodes 3&4 to get to.

Also saw Encanto, Disney seems to have varying dips with their recent animated offerings, but I have to say that they smashed it out of the park this time round. Possibly because it breaks the form of traditional stories, but it has real grounded emotion (ironic when the premise is a family with superpowers) and was tugging on my heartstrings throughout. Some absolute bangers from Lin Manuel Miranda too!
Agree!

Once it became The Madolorian Chapter 2-and a bit, it became much better (y)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Late to the party I know, but we’ve just started watching Ozark. One episode down and first impressions are good 👍👍👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Agree!

Mrs C has headed to bed and I’ve just finished off the series. I have a few thoughts…

A lot of us of (i.e those of a certain age) have only known Boba Fett from his brief appearances as the ultimate mysterious badass bounty hunter in the Star Wars movies. The move to having him appear as a man who has numerous vulnerabilities seems to have been jarring.

But look at the guy, he’s entering his autumn years. He wants to settle down in a location he’s comfortable with and be grumpy in his castle. This is a story written by a middle aged man about a middle aged man. But with added Rancor 😜

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Late to the party I know, but we’ve just started watching Ozark. One episode down and first impressions are good 👍👍👍
I hate to love Ozark.

I started watching it months ago. I got 2 or 3 episodes in and gave up. I didn't give it my full attention though. FFWD to a month or 2 ago and I'm hearing rave reports about season 4. I want to get back into it so I attack it with the full wrath of my procrastination. Season 1..... meh.... season 2..... oookkkkkayyyyy, this isn't too bad.... season 3.... what???? wow??? goooo!!!.... season 4..... this is awesome!!

Now... the "this is awesome" relates to a point so far from reality that it's just bordering on scifi. It's fantasyland. But the writers have got me hook line and sinker. Not one episode borders on reality, whereas season 1 & 2 did.

Its a journey though and I can't wait for the next instalment.

SiAdams

Anyone watched the puppet master on Netflix? It’s an unbelievable story. Hard to believe this happened but I guess in times with no internet or mobile phones it was easier to commit fraud.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I wasn't expecting much...but I must have found it rather enjoyable as I binge-watched the whole season o_O
I did exactly the same. The first 2 episodes were really good I thought. After that it fell a little flat for me as every episode was more of the same... and by the end I could have wrote it.

To be expected I guess but a lot of effort went into the beginning, not so much the middle/end.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Been a bit behind with threads so sorry if mentioned before.

Killing Eve final season has started on BBC iPlayer. New episode available Mondays with that episode airing the end of the week (Sunday I believe).

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Been a bit behind with threads so sorry if mentioned before.

Killing Eve final season has started on BBC iPlayer. New episode available Mondays with that episode airing the end of the week (Sunday I believe).
This final series has started off a bit slow and not up to its usual standard.

It was probably never intended to have this many series and the writers are just putting any old thing out there to fulfil their commitments.

Boooorrinnnnngggggg 🤣

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It was probably never intended to have this many series and the writers are just putting any old thing out there to fulfil their commitments.
I did a quick Google. Apparently the show is borne from a series of four novellas and two additional stories have been written by the author since filming started. The original stories appear to be fairly faithfully portrayed in the TV show.

But… I’ve only watched the first season so am not qualified to comment further.