Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Dog Soldiers is fantastic. I'm fairly certain it'll get a remake at some point with a bit of budget behind the werewolves (they saved what they had for the end and even then it was a bit thin).

I'm still holding out for the sequel, Fresh Meat, but don't know if it's too much of a stretch now.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Dog Soldiers is fantastic. I'm fairly certain it'll get a remake at some point with a bit of budget behind the werewolves (they saved what they had for the end and even then it was a bit thin).

I'm still holding out for the sequel, Fresh Meat, but don't know if it's too much of a stretch now.
The zero budget kind of made it what it is though, they had to do a lot of things to hide the fact that the budget was so small but it ended up being the reason it's so charming. Not sure a higher budget would give the same vibe, must watch it again haven't seen that film in ages and it's brilliant

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The zero budget kind of made it what it is though, they had to do a lot of things to hide the fact that the budget was so small but it ended up being the reason it's so charming. Not sure a higher budget would give the same vibe, must watch it again haven't seen that film in ages and it's brilliant

For me it was all about the characters, rather than the props/costume.

The budget limited the casting of the actors as well, so they ended up with a host of proper grafting talent, if that makes sense. None of them were silver spoon big budget screen actors, but they were all incredibly adept and good at what they did due to being on the circuit in various tv/low budget movie guises.

I would want a similar choice of casting direction, but I would definitely want to see some more money on the production itself.

It's an excellent story, very well told, but I think it would have been more of a hit of it got more of a polish all round. I see past all that stuff, as do a great many cinema fans, but to get it past the masses it needs to have a better showcase.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For me it was all about the characters, rather than the props/costume.

The budget limited the casting of the actors as well, so they ended up with a host of proper grafting talent, if that makes sense. None of them were silver spoon big budget screen actors, but they were all incredibly adept and good at what they did due to being on the circuit in various tv/low budget movie guises.

I would want a similar choice of casting direction, but I would definitely want to see some more money on the production itself.

It's an excellent story, very well told, but I think it would have been more of a hit of it got more of a polish all round. I see past all that stuff, as do a great many cinema fans, but to get it past the masses it needs to have a better showcase.
I hear ye mate, would definitely like to see more for sure

rouchie

Rising Star
Just had a bit of a binge on TV and watched a few good series, and would happily recommend the below, apologies if they were already mentioned -

Afterlife Series 1 2 & 3
The Morning Show Series 1 & 2
The After Party
Ted Lasso (only seen series 1 so far)

Also currently watching Suspicion

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looking forward to trying a few episodes of "The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey' on AppleTV:

...along with the new series of Netflix's "Drive To Survive":

Bhuna50

Author Level
Not sure how I missed this as I knew the new series was due but The Equaliser series 2 is on SkyWitness (you can catchup on demand).

Also if anyone watched the first series Upload series 2 is now on Netflix.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Picard season 2 :cool:

Caught up on it all last night. I was so confused in the first episode but it's settling down now :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
Dates for the diary.

19 April. Better Call Saul. Season 6.

5 May. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

27 May. Stranger Things season 4.

3 June. The Boys. Season 3.

22 June. The Umbrella Academy. Season 3

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This just came on my feed:

The OA

Only 2 seasons and then got cancelled but supposed to be very good.
The zero pay off honestly killed it for me, I love it just for my and her's exact same reaction of looking at each other with a look of bewilderment then bursting out laughing and saying what as if we rehearsed it

Last edited by a moderator: