Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Bhuna50

Author Level
For those looking to watch the John Wick movies, the first one is currently available on Sky CInema (catch up or Sat 27th Aug at 10.35pm), the second chapter is available on Netflix.

The third...currently I only see it for sale on Amazon Prime.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well at the moment I'm watching the matrix, can't recall having seen it before and at 34 minutes in I don't know:

1. if I'll get to the end without falling asleep
  2. If i do manage to stay awake, if I'll ever bother watching it again

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Very intriguing film, especially for any of you with emotional challenges, it's a really interesting take on things.

Spiderhead with Chris Hemsworth.

Quite a risky film for him, cos it's certainly not a mainstream AAA, it's quite leftfield and experimental. Quite a lot of respect for him doing it.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Good news for the fans… They’re not just making a John Wick 4, a fifth instalment is already greenlit. I think the plan was to film both movies back to back but the pandemic put paid to that.

As to my own personal viewings, I completely missed out on Luther but finally started watching it a couple of nights ago and have powered through all five seasons on BBC iPlayer. Looks as though Netflix have taken an option on making a Luther movie so I’ve got that to look forward to 😁

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well, that's 2 nights on the trot, something i thought would be good gets shoved on the list as a cure for insomnia

Jesus, just looking at that cast listing is enough to incite a yawn. Chris Pine and Keira Knightley are such a beige pair, I’ve had nosebleeds with more excitement than those two could offer.

My newborn has what seems to be a little bit of an ear infection and is struggling to settle. So as a treat, he’s staying up with his dad and watching Apocalypse Now on BBC iPlayer.

#goodparenting

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My newborn has what seems to be a little bit of an ear infection and is struggling to settle. So as a treat, he’s staying up with his dad and watching Apocalypse Now on BBC iPlayer.
Now, that's a great Idea for a good evening, not watched it in ages, maybe that followed by full metal jacket............

Other than the ear infection, hows junior doing?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Now, that's a great Idea for a good evening, not watched it in ages, maybe that followed by full metal jacket............

Other than the ear infection, hows junior doing?
Good shout! You’ll need to clear your schedule, the version on iPlayer is ‘the final cut’ so has everything in, runs at a little over three hours. But it’s very watchable and you can’t go wrong by following it up with FMJ. Two great movies with killer soundtracks. Get your moonshine in the fridge and a stock up on dry roasted peanuts, you’ll be in Vietnam movie heaven.

Thanks for asking, my boy is… just superb. He only cries when he’s hungry or needs changing, he loves hanging out with his parents and his smile strips the rust off my weary soul. I was so worried about not bonding with a child given my previous lack of parental enthusiasm but this kid is ace!

And now I have a ‘player 2’ for lots of gaming! I think I’ll start him off with Streets of Rage II, it’s a classic 😁

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i know i'm late, but i really enjoy love, death & robots
Oh yeah, they've just started a new series haven't they? I knew there was something I was forgetting!

Great show, reminds me of the Animatrix (based off the Matrix) series of animated shorts in early 2000s, similar sort of envisioning

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh yeah, they've just started a new series haven't they? I knew there was something I was forgetting!

Great show, reminds me of the Animatrix series of animated shorts in early 2000s, similar sort of envisioning.
The animatrix are one of a kind series !
one of my favorite, even if, sometime, they are a little bit sad ^^"
(did you read the neil gaiman novela on the matrix world ? it's pretty cool :D - if i'm not wrong it's inside the "smoke and mirror" novela book)

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
it may be inside the "fragile things" volume
I can't remember (but i know there is a story about sherlock holme and the great elder from lovecraft inside the "fragile things" volume :D)