Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is an old film now, but I don't think it's that well known.

Angel Heart, with Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro. 1987

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend, it's just a really really well done film all round.

It's on Amazon Prime, but you have to pay.
Great movie! And before Mickey Rourke went a bit nuts, became a professional boxer and got loads of plastic surgery.

Very strange movie, you wouldn’t have thought it came from the man who brought you Bugsy Malone!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Great movie! And before Mickey Rourke went a bit nuts, became a professional boxer and got loads of plastic surgery.

Very strange movie, you wouldn’t have thought it came from the man who brought you Bugsy Malone!
I think it was Rourke Part 1s best work. Apparently he was an absolute drama queen on set and most of Hollywood refused to work with him after that film.

I also think it’s one of De Niro’s best parts, he played it so well, and it was quite a different role for him.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I also think it’s one of De Niro’s best parts, he played it so well, and it was quite a different role for him.
Fully agree, for De Niro bit parts it’s a cracking performance. Up there with another film we’ve discussed recently…

4501759F-BAE5-4DAB-BEE3-129D0A59D0D8.jpeg

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I`d recommend the Steve McQueen epic Bullitt ...just an awesome move still today . Stunt driving there is off the scale considering the age of the film.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
68 Mustang is such a stupidly beautiful car, the 72 Challenger from Vanishing Point is amazing too

My personal favourite though is the 1970 Dodge Charger, pure looks alone it's the best looking car ever made with the 67 Impala following closely behind

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Earlier on today i finally got round to calling sky to cancel my Disney+, the guy i ended up chatting to looked at my account and told me I was paying too much........................... apparently I'd missed a load of offers and after digging deeper and revising my contract I ended up with everything i had before, and also the full sky sports package and sky cinema for less than I'd been paying up till now, so tonight I thought I'd have a look on sky cinema and am watching a film called "final score" and it's superb with a fantastic motor bike chase in it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Earlier on today i finally got round to calling sky to cancel my Disney+, the guy i ended up chatting to looked at my account and told me I was paying too much........................... apparently I'd missed a load of offers and after digging deeper and revising my contract I ended up with everything i had before, and also the full sky sports package and sky cinema for less than I'd been paying up till now, so tonight I thought I'd have a look on sky cinema and am watching a film called "final score" and it's superb with a fantastic motor bike chase in it
Bought, thanks for the pointer, I like Bautista (y)

rouchie

Rising Star
That was filmed at Upton Park just after we had moved to the London Stadium and prior to the demolition/clearance ahead of the new property development

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That was filmed at Upton Park just after we had moved to the London Stadium and prior to the demolition/clearance ahead of the new property development
yeah, I thought it was just after the hammers moved out, great film, really enjoyed it

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That wa s filmed at Upton Park after we had moved to the London Stadium and prior to the demolition/clearance ahead of the new property development
What a mistake. You went from this…

1869466E-1E32-445B-A3FB-82631B83B2C1.jpeg

To this…

0C5986E5-747F-4511-AAE0-BA9B89ADC651.jpeg

Get rid of that running track and get the fans closer!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
get rid of the football pitch and make it a national sports stadium........................oh that's what it was
It’d have been gathering dust and that pitch would’ve been used to host car boot sales at weekends if they hadn’t have found the solution of letting a football club rent it. It’s the nation’s most popular sport and therefore a guaranteed weekly money spinner.

You’ve got Twickenham and Wembley relatively close by that cover a certain section of sporting events, the lamentable fact is that athletics is not commercially popular enough to keep the London Stadium devoted to that purpose. It was an incredibly short sighted venture that is still haemorrhaging money to this day.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Aye, cant argue we went from a great stadium with a great atmosphere to a huge expanse of a toilet bowl funded by the tax payers and the GSB egos, but hey ho and all that ...... not bitter ....
Look on the bright side, you’re not ground sharing with Millwall, imagine that 😜

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ve never been one for the Fast and Furious movies but Hobbs and Shaw has landed on Netflix so I thought I’d give it a go. I’m about 45 minutes in and thoroughly enjoying it so far. It’s ridiculous action packed stuff that’s not possible due to the laws of physics but it’s a blast and much funnier than the other films in the series. There’s also a great cameo from Ryan Reynolds, who is pretty much fully locked into Deadpool mode with his performance. There’s still another hour or so of the movie to go but it’s a tentative thumbs up so far.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just watched the first episode of the remake of the Equalizer on sky witness and it was superb, wasn't sure how the character transformation was going to work, but it was great..............