Mah Noo Kat

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So as some of you know, Nugget is a Maine Coon and is amongst the largest of domestic cat breeds. She’s a bit of a tank:

View attachment 35976

She’s also an opportunistic little thief with a permanent appetite and a bottomless pit of a stomach. She broke into one of the kitchen cabinets the other day whilst we were out and emerged later with a lot of our food in her belly and on her fur. As such, she was severely matted and no amount of combing was going to get the clumps out of her hair. She’s also not chill enough to tolerate a bath so we had to take extreme measures.

Ladies and gents, please meet the cat we now call Scrugget:

View attachment 35979

Doesn’t look as big without all that floof, does she? 😆
Oh Christ, I'm actually wetting myself, that's so funny :ROFLMAO:

Her face is like a controlled "what the hell have you done to me???"

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Oh Christ, I'm actually wetting myself, that's so funny :ROFLMAO:

Her face is like a controlled "what the hell have you done to me???"
Innit! It gets even better when you take a close look and see the ridiculous right angle that Mrs C managed to carve into the top of her head:

6655A9F9-79CA-43C9-BE92-F11414A32796.jpeg

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So as some of you know, Nugget is a Maine Coon and is amongst the largest of domestic cat breeds. She’s a bit of a tank:

View attachment 35976

She’s also an opportunistic little thief with a permanent appetite and a bottomless pit of a stomach. She broke into one of the kitchen cabinets the other day whilst we were out and emerged later with a lot of our food in her belly and on her fur. As such, she was severely matted and no amount of combing was going to get the clumps out of her hair. She’s also not chill enough to tolerate a bath so we had to take extreme measures.

Ladies and gents, please meet the cat we now call Scrugget:

View attachment 35979

Doesn’t look as big without all that floof, does she? 😆
Poor cat !
How the shaving went ?
How does he live with so little fur now ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Aww poor nugget (that will teach her, how long will it take to grow back
It’ll probably take a few months, although some bits seem to be sprouting back already!
Poor cat !
I have no sympathy for her, she ate my beef jerky 😑
How the shaving went ?
Surprisingly well, she just needed a lot of cat treats to keep her occupied.
How does he live with so little fur now ?
She is feeling the cold without it! She sleeps under the covers in bed with me to keep herself warm. I’ve ordered her a little chandail to help.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’ll probably take a few months, although some bits seem to be sprouting back already!

I have no sympathy for her, she ate my beef jerky 😑

Surprisingly well, she just needed a lot of cat treats to keep her occupied.

She is feeling the cold without it! She sleeps under the covers in bed with me to keep herself warm. I’ve ordered her a little chandail to help.
But you do love her enough to buy a chandail, you're nice master after all :D
(But i understand the beef jerky thing :D)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Two weeks ago we joined the "Ma Noo Cat" club too.

This is Trixie, she's three years old and was a street cat until she was hit by a car in early January. She was paralysed from the waist down for several weeks but gradually learned how to walk again. She still walks with a wiggle - which I guess may seem sexy to other cats? - and will probably never be able to jump very high (according to the vet). We've adopted her as a house cat because she'll struggle out on the streets. So far she's fitting in just fine. :)

Trixie.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Two weeks ago we joined the "Ma Noo Cat" club too.

This is Trixie, she's three years old and was a street cat until she was hit by a car in early January. She was paralysed from the waist down for several weeks but gradually learned how to walk again. She still walks with a wiggle - which I guess may seem sexy to other cats? - and will probably never be able to jump very high (according to the vet). We've adopted her as a house cat because she'll struggle out on the streets. So far she's fitting in just fine. :)

View attachment 36164
She looks very regal! Lovely

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I'm babysitting a friend's dog for a couple of weeks at a lovely house in Wandsworth, here's the doggy, she's called Hazel aka The Destroyer of Worlds. Whenever a delivery person or mailman comes to the door I call out "Back Beast!" just to prepare them for her deeply destructive nature.

20230327_154235.jpg

But a couple of doors down, they've got a monster cat, which I'm fairly sure @AgentCooper is a Maine Coon although not certain about their colouring variations, you can't quite make it out in the photo as Android is doing some smoothing, but the ears are very definitely elongated and quite hairy towards the tips, it's hard to make out the size, but the Sky dish is literally just above it so should give you some idea!

20230327_153645.jpg