MS fs 2020

Aktasakplays

There is a niggling issue with MSFS2020 and I believe your problem is because you lack the US language pack.

Go to Settings on the computer and then go to Time & Language then click Language and then you can click Add a Language, choose the US Language Pack and install all included in that pack.
This should fix your issue. 😁

jp21

No the full spec as described in the link below:

I have left all of this business alone for a day or so because I am absolutely fed up. I've tried all of the other things and reloaded last night. The RADEON page says that fs2020 has been running for 46 hours this week!!! ( as I am not a typist my helpful wife) is typing this for me as my 1 finger is worn out. I found it difficult to transfer my final spec to the forum. This is the complete spec of my build:-
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.4GHz/36MBCACHE?AM4)

MB ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2 6Gb/s)
RAM 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2x8GB)
Graphics Card 8GB AMD RADEON RX 5500 XT - HDMI,DP,DX12
1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB PCS PCle M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES SEMI_MODULAR 80 PLUSGOLD< ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi Fi Not included)
Wireless Network Card WIRELESS INTEL Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2400Mbps/5GHz
300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E- CARD +BT5.0 USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2xUSB 3.0 & 2xUSB 2.0ports @BACK PANEL+MIN 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64bit-inc, Single Licence (KK3-00002)
Language English
Windows Recovery Windows 10 Multi-Language Image-Unlimited downloads
Anti Virus none
Browser Micro Soft Edge (Windows 10 only)
Warranty 3 year Silver Warranty, ( 1 year Collect and Return, 1 year Parts, 3year Labour)
I do appreciate all the help you are giving me. Many thanks Mike.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Are you leaving your machine on all the time? What RADEON page are you referring to that says its been running 46 hours?

Have you tried a reboot/restart?

Have you tried asking on the FS2020 forums, as from what I see, your spec should be able to run it, but for some reason it is crashing and I know others have crashes too by the looks of forums.

Short of offering to pop around and try to help you out personally as it would be quicker than going back and forth or trying to explain things to try (if you are near Gloucestershire and obviously after Covid restrictions are lifted) I am at a loss at the moment sorry.

Has the machine shown any other signs of issues - or is it purely FS2020 (which sadly i know is the reason you have bought this machine).

Do you have any other games to try in case it is the graphics card/drivers causing issues? be interesting to see if something runs

jp21

Are you leaving your machine on all the time? What RADEON page are you referring to that says its been running 46 hours?

Have you tried a reboot/restart?

Have you tried asking on the FS2020 forums, as from what I see, your spec should be able to run it, but for some reason it is crashing and I know others have crashes too by the looks of forums.

Short of offering to pop around and try to help you out personally as it would be quicker than going back and forth or trying to explain things to try (if you are near Gloucestershire and obviously after Covid restrictions are lifted) I am at a loss at the moment sorry.

Has the machine shown any other signs of issues - or is it purely FS2020 (which sadly i know is the reason you have bought this machine).

Do you have any other games to try in case it is the graphics card/drivers causing issues? be interesting to see if something runs
Thanks very much for your reply. When I click ALT+R I get the home page that says that I have been running fs 2020 46 hours with average frame rate of 50.2fps. I do leave it on for quite a lot of the time, but occasionally shut it down at night.
With regard to the RADEON page I get prompted with the RADEON logo ( press alt + R) on the screen, every time I want to run the prog.
I haven't asked for help on FS2020 forum, but I will. When I try to run it I get the intro and often a little box pops up saying this programme is running.
I do appreciate your offer and would quite happy to pick you up when it is possible. Unless I've got it running in the mean time!!
PS I am thinking of trying to load the discs I have as both MS store and Xbox app say I own the programme.
I do not have any other games to play.
Regards Mike

Bhuna50

Author Level
I am hoping that I have worked this out - but soon see. Whenever my machine checks for updates for MS FS 2020 and there is some, then it sometimes minimises the window - looking like it has crashed / closed the program.

When it has done this to you - do you still see an icon at the bottom of the screen on the taskbar:

1615668632435.png

(now mine is packed full of icons here as I have added a load - but you might only have a few, but do you have a small square one, like I have circled above. It could appear anywhere on the bar.

If you do - just left click on it once and see if this opens the window up again - I am hoping you are then greeted with the update window and a button in the bottom corner of that window asking you to click to download the update.

jp21

I am hoping that I have worked this out - but soon see. Whenever my machine checks for updates for MS FS 2020 and there is some, then it sometimes minimises the window - looking like it has crashed / closed the program.

When it has done this to you - do you still see an icon at the bottom of the screen on the taskbar:

View attachment 23576

(now mine is packed full of icons here as I have added a load - but you might only have a few, but do you have a small square one, like I have circled above. It could appear anywhere on the bar.

If you do - just left click on it once and see if this opens the window up again - I am hoping you are then greeted with the update window and a button in the bottom corner of that window asking you to click to download the update.
The logo does appear while the intro is running then disappears when it shuts down. I am beginning to think the problem might connected
to the G card as the Radeon logo always pops up when I launch ( Alt + R} doe's it want re -setting? I have launched from the Radeon home
and the same thing happens. All of the downloads have been from the MS store, but I do have the 10 discs that only take 4 hours to load
compared to 7 with the download. Because I had loaded them onto my first computer when I put them onto this one it that the 25 digit
code had been used so that is when I bought the download version, both premium versions.
The last thing I see before the picture of the city disappears is at the bottom of the screen the narrow blue strip moves to about a third
of the way along the after about 3 seconds shoots all the way to the right then shut down.

jp21

There is a niggling issue with MSFS2020 and I believe your problem is because you lack the US language pack.

Go to Settings on the computer and then go to Time & Language then click Language and then you can click Add a Language, choose the US Language Pack and install all included in that pack.
This should fix your issue. 😁
Young man you are a genius, This worked liked magic. Thank you very much. Now for flying training!

jp21

The logo does appear while the intro is running then disappears when it shuts down. I am beginning to think the problem might connected
to the G card as the Radeon logo always pops up when I launch ( Alt + R} doe's it want re -setting? I have launched from the Radeon home
and the same thing happens. All of the downloads have been from the MS store, but I do have the 10 discs that only take 4 hours to load
compared to 7 with the download. Because I had loaded them onto my first computer when I put them onto this one it that the 25 digit
code had been used so that is when I bought the download version, both premium versions.
The last thing I see before the picture of the city disappears is at the bottom of the screen the narrow blue strip moves to about a third
of the way along the after about 3 seconds shoots all the way to the right then shut down.
BINGO I loaded USA language and it worked immediately, I would to thank all of you very much for the help you have given me.
Next time I might be looking for upgrades. Good by for now.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey Mike, I've been watching this thread but as I'm not very knowledgeable with troubleshooting, I thought I'd leave it to the geniuses that are. I'm very happy we've been able to get it working for you and hopefully there's many hours of happy flying ahead! Oh and a big well done to @Aktasakplays for getting it working!

Enjoy your new PC!
Junior

rouchie

Rising Star
I have only recently joined these forums after making my recent order and thought it would be a good place to camp out while digging in for the long wait. This thread has been has really shed a light on the great people in this community all willing to pitch in and help someone overcome an issue, hats off to all of you, Bravo!

D

Deleted member 17413

If you reboot the machine does it make any difference? Had any problems plugging things into them at all?
Can also look at device manager and see if theres any warnings on things there.

The other thing to check would be the physical connections for them, but I am not familiar with your case or how easy that might be for you to do.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The key is going to be in what changed to cause the situation.

Working one minute and not the next would suggest a failure of hardware.
Working a few weeks ago and not noticed until now could suggest a driver issue or installation issue.

Given the work that's been going on with the FS I would be hopeful that it's just a driver glitch/error rather than a hardware fault but stranger things have happened. Has the tower been moved at all? Just wondering if any movements have coincided with the fault developing.

If we can find the source of the problem, we can almost always find a solution. Until then it's a bit of guesswork unfortunately.

jp21

If you reboot the machine does it make any difference? Had any problems plugging things into them at all?
Can also look at device manager and see if theres any warnings on things there.

The other thing to check would be the physical connections for them, but I am not familiar with your case or how easy that might be for you to do.
It had stopped working after I plugged in my remote hard drive, I powered down completely, re started and both my card reader
and memory stick worked, then I try the HD and it does not work, nor does the other items until I power down (mains) and stat up again.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Suggests to me that the remote hard drive has some sort of fault. It's either that or it's trying to draw too much power from the USB port and it's being disabled until a restart.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Enjoy yourself flying. If ever you come across a plane with BHUNA-50 on it or call sign then I suggest you stay away, as I have no idea about flying this thingggggg arrrghhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 41971

Enjoy yourself flying. If ever you come across a plane with BHUNA-50 on it or call sign then I suggest you stay away, as I have no idea about flying this thingggggg arrrghhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm great flying upside down, need to master the right way up in the future :cool: