MS fs 2020

jp21

That looks like a good build to me! Just make sure you have the silver warranty, it's well worth the £5!

What a process! The image is perfectly clear. and this has got most of the important info so I'm sure it's okay. The main things worth checking that aren't in this photo is you've got the
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0 (£19) selected as the Wireless Network Card if you use WiFi at home, this will give you much better speeds. And, make sure you've removed the Anti-virus software, it's been known to cause issues for people!

If those changes have been made, you will have one sweet PC! Enjoy it and keep us updated, and of course if yo have any questions, we're always here!
Yes I'm learning fast and I did make the changes to both the NWC and the silver warranty. Thank you all.

jp21

Yes I'm learning fast and I did make the changes to both the NWC and the silver warranty. Thank you all.
I have had my computer now for a few days it is fast and runs very well, Now for the bad news
I tried to load my fs2020 discs and they said I had used the 25 digit code on my original machine. so I bought a download version, this took 4 hours (over 100gb) to load, only
the intro would run then when it came to the banner 'looking for updates' It would stop
and switch to desktop screen.
I uninstalled It and tried to load it again, same result, you can't use the code again.
After some messing about I phoned a guy in the States who told me that as long as the
account and address were the same I could do it.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP OR ADVISE ME,I an tearing my hair out.
PS I have done this with one finger!!!

Bhuna50

Author Level
Have you logged in to your xBox game pass account (asssuming that is where you purchased the game) as the game should then appear as available to you and able to download?

Where are you downloading it from - Steam / xBox / elsewhere?

jp21

Have you logged in to your xBox game pass account (asssuming that is where you purchased the game) as the game should then appear as available to you and able to download?

Where are you downloading it from - Steam / xBox / elsewhere?
Purchased from Amazon and loaded from MS store, I don't have a game pass. My MS account shows both of my
computers and the 25 digit code I used to download.

Bhuna50

Author Level
So how did you use to run it in the past? You dont need to have an xbox gamepass, but was it through the Xbox app?

jp21

So how did you use to run it in the past? You dont need to have an xbox gamepass, but was it through the Xbox app?
I bought the 10 disk set from amazon then loaded them onto my old computer. It did not run well and told
me that the system was not good enough. This is why I ordered the PCs machine.
When I loaded the disks onto the new Com MS would not let me use the code.
This is when I bought the download from amazon, it did not load well from MS store, and would not run.
Did an uninstall then MS would not me re-install because I had used the code. I did not use the Xbox app.

Bhuna50

Author Level
So let me see if I understand this properly - you bought the CD version, loaded it on your last machine and used the code on the CDs to activate the game.

This didnt work, so you then bought a new code from Amazon for the download from the Microsoft Store.

You have logged then into the Microsoft Store and used this code to download the game and now its asking you for a code again and saying it (as in the second code for the download) doesnt work?

Has it downloaded anything? and therefore in the MS Store is it showing a 'Play' option button rather than an install or buy button?

jp21

So let me see if I understand this properly - you bought the CD version, loaded it on your last machine and used the code on the CDs to activate the game.

This didnt work, so you then bought a new code from Amazon for the download from the Microsoft Store.

You have logged then into the Microsoft Store and used this code to download the game and now its asking you for a code again and saying it (as in the second code for the download) doesnt work?

Has it downloaded anything? and therefore in the MS Store is it showing a 'Play' option button rather than an install or buy button?
This is the situation at the moment, I logged on to the xbox app and it said that I owned the fs2020 game and gave me the
chance to install again without the 25 digit code. I did this and it sent down 165 gig in 7 hours. This morning I started it up
and after searching for updates found 9 gigs worth it and loaded in 20 mins. After that it went to the desktop screen and stopped.
I looked at the list progs and it showed had only about 1.5 gig of progs yet the has about 760 gig unused out of 1TB ssd drive.
I an 83 years old and not geek. I would appreciate any help, Thank you all.
PS Every time I tri to start it it stops after the looking for updates. sometimes I see a little box saying this program is running
with a little yellow triangle with an ! The MS and xbox store both say play but I can't find program (or don't know to).

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can you copy and paste/post your full spec from the order page as looking back, there's been so many changes its hard to work out what you have got overall.

Thanks.

What else have you installed, if anything?

I am surprised that 760 gig has been used if this is all you have installed.

Perhaps a complete uninstall / reinstall is required.

does your current machine have a CD/DVD player with it?

jp21

Can you copy and paste/post your full spec from the order page as looking back, there's been so many changes its hard to work out what you have got overall.

Thanks.

What else have you installed, if anything?

I am surprised that 760 gig has been used if this is all you have installed.

Perhaps a complete uninstall / reinstall is required.

does your current machine have a CD/DVD player with it?
Thanks for the reply, I have Installed avast security and nothing much else, 760 gig is free space so 240 used on hard drive.
I loaded 170 gig last night but can't find it. Looked in program list (1.7 Gig total.) and nothing in downloads.
There is a screen shot of the setup near bottom of page 2. Don't know to were to look to uninstall.

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - open the xBox game app on PC again.

On the left hand side you should see a list of games you own - in this case MS FS 2020

Check that it does not say Preparing / Installing / Downloading underneath that MS FS 2020 line - if it does then it still hasnt finished downloading or installing the game so you have to wait for that first.

When thats done or doesnt say anything, if you click play - what happens? is this when it crashes and does nothing?

If it crashes out - then I am afraid the first thing to try is to click the three dots to the right hand side and Uninstall.

then try to reinstall it after that and try again.

jp21

OK - open the xBox game app on PC again.

On the left hand side you should see a list of games you own - in this case MS FS 2020

Check that it does not say Preparing / Installing / Downloading underneath that MS FS 2020 line - if it does then it still hasnt finished downloading or installing the game so you have to wait for that first.

When thats done or doesnt say anything, if you click play - what happens? is this when it crashes and does nothing?

If it crashes out - then I am afraid the first thing to try is to click the three dots to the right hand side and Uninstall.

then try to reinstall it after that and try again.
I found the prog under apps and features it was150 gig so I uninstalled it and re-loaded during the night from xbox.
From double clicking the icon it takes 43 seconds to do anything. Every thing else on there is instant.
I still stops in the same place, just after the banner searching for updates. I think there could be a bug or some other
part of the system it does not like. I will now send an e'mail to PCs to ask what thay can do to help me, even if it means
sending it back.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Mine takes ages to load too, its just such a big program. Can you post your full spec from your order page please

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I don't think PCS will be able to do much. However, there have been known bugs with launching the game.

I know one of the bigger issues from the non-steam option is the Microsoft/Xbox account collaboration. I still have a nightmare from time to time trying to get into the insider forum etc.

The best place to get help I think will be here.....

If you can't login due to some cookie error you will need to go to Live.com and logout. This is the issue I've had numerous times. There's an irony with the M$ cookie issues.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
One thing I just read, make sure the Gaming Services App is up to date in the M$ store.

jp21

Mine takes ages to load too, its just such a big program. Can you post your full spec from your order page please
Not sure how to do that but I did put a screen shot on page 2 that I took with my camera but I don't have a
photo app on here.

jp21

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
MB ASUS PRIME B550 -PLUS
RAM 16 GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200 MHz 2x8
GC 8GB AMD RADEON RX 5500 XT
Storage 1TB PCS PCLe M.2 SSD

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
MB ASUS PRIME B550 -PLUS
RAM 16 GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200 MHz 2x8
GC 8GB AMD RADEON RX 5500 XT
Storage 1TB PCS PCLe M.2 SSD
No the full spec as described in the link below:

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - reading into this, there may be a few reasons why this is crashing, the first one to check is that you have the most up to date graphics drivers for the PC.

- have you run Windows update until there are no more updates.

- have you installed any dedicated graphics drivers?

- for your GPU, I suggest you go here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...d-radeon-rx-5500-series/amd-radeon-rx-5500-xt

and go to the Windows 10 64 bit section, and then select the Auto Detect and Install download dated February 2021.