MW3 already finished and being released?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Yeah but cracking down on the sources would be a start, the point though is nto how easily its downloadable, the point is that its wrong.

I can download just as easily off itunes as I can off some torrent software, but people who dont want to pay just choose to go the illegal route, its not any easier.

wereireland

Enthusiast
Yeah but cracking down on the sources would be a start, the point though is nto how easily its downloadable, the point is that its wrong.

I can download just as easily off itunes as I can off some torrent software, but people who dont want to pay just choose to go the illegal route, its not any easier.

Frenchy did you ever get that pm i sent you? sorry to be so pestering...

tom_gr7

Life Serving

In my view people do it because its free and they get away with it. Now I think it should be stopped at the source or traced and those who download sent a nice big bill for all their downloads!

liamnic2

Super Star
I meant people who leak aswell as those who aquire leaked games. They are as bad as eachother.

People get paid to leak games, not because they think it will be popular, but because they are a **** of an employee and think they can make some money out of it, its just greed.

also someone said its a free testing of the game, thats what alpha and beta testing are for.

At the end of the day, people like me work extremely hard to produce games which people will enjoy, why should anyone have the right to steal the game. The person who leaked the game should be fired immediately if found out, anyone who knowingly downloads / plays a leaked game should be banned indeffinately from that companies games (obviiously can only control online), and the companies software who has been leaked should press charges against the person who leaked.

Common sense really, stealing is wrong, anyone who knowingly does it deserves everythin tht comes to them.

That should have been the braveheart speech lol

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i know a site with plenty of leaks, including windows 8, although they are very early builds of it

if games dont have a demo then occasionally i download it and play the first mission, and maybe a bit online, and if i dont enjoy it i delete it and if i enjoy it then i get myself a copy, i also only download pirate copies of movies i already have on DVD, as i cant be bothered to convert it etc

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Sorry Wozza. Its stealing and you are breaking the law. One day they will crack down on it hard, and then all those that did it will plead ignorance.

There is no grey area here in my mind, and using the excuse "if i like it, i'll go buy the proper version" doesnt wash with me. No ifs, no buts.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
A friend of a friend posted a picture of himself holding mw3 for the 360.
He said infinity ward sent it to him because he sent names of websites that hack cod 4 to infinity ward.

He said the campaign is good and mw3 spec ops / survival mode is ''quite good'' but he cant play multiplayer because there no one online.

What's your take on all of this??

Oh my GAWD, the exact same thing happened to me a few years back. It was around 8am, on thursday 5 February 2009, when my mate Joe Calzaghe rang me up saying,

"Fella, i'm being forced to retire!!!:mad:"

obviously i didn't believe him at first, you know it being "classic Joe", but i asked him why, and he went on to say,

"Right your not gonna believe this but some ***** has grassed me up to Bobby Kotick!!!"

kotick.jpg

i was like fs joe what you got yourself into, and then he was like...

"i've been leaking call of duty 4 through my website, to fuel my addiction to skittles"

skittles-rule--mob-prf-1230918655.jpg

then me being a top lad and first rate mate, was like, Joe fella i have a plan... get me a bucket of horse raddish, a pole, and a cheap wig and meet me round mine at 8...

Next thing you know he's at my door, and we get to work, couple hours later, it was finished...

Meet charlie

how-to-draw-charlie-the-unicorn.jpg

So we drive up to Bobby's to have a friendly chat, things get ugly, real ugly, jet planes, dogs and noob tubes going off all over the place, poor charlie got the worst of it

4406868.jpg

Damn that commando perk​

Anyways my memory is a bit hazy but it ended something like this

[video=youtube;-OwDyWfjb48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OwDyWfjb48[/video]​

Seriously people do u not even look at that mortal kombat thread... this episode is ******** epic....

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol xD

yes technically im stealing but i do not take full advantage and wouldnt download games before release and its not illegal if i purchased a film on DVD and stupid restrictions dont allow me to easily put them on my PC for free despite me paying good money for them

is it true all blu-rays have a free digital copy? if so its time to upgrade to a blu-ray player..

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Ah youth. Technically stealing?

"Sorry officer, I know I was technically stealing this watch, but, well..."

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Lol that's different, trust me I'm not the type to steal physically or keep something. If the company doesn't want to offer a demo then how does anyone know what it will be like? It's basically the same as borrowing the game or playing a demo, when borrowing you also don't have rights to the game and therefore borrowing is technically illegal

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Lol that's different, trust me I'm not the type to steal physically or keep something. If the company doesn't want to offer a demo then how does anyone know what it will be like? It's basically the same as borrowing the game or playing a demo, when borrowing you also don't have rights to the game and therefore borrowing is technically illegal

Lol you realise your just talking rubbish to make yourself feel better? lol. A company doesnt have to release a demo, if they dont you read reviews and you buy it and if you dont like it you sell it.

Can you imagine everyone goin, "hmm I really need a new car but I can't get a demo veyron to drive around for the day, but its ok Ill steal one for a few days and if I like it ill actually buy one", can u imagine trying to explain that to the police lol.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Ur thinking on a much bigger scale there, there is a bit of difference between a £40 game and a £1000-1000000 card.

I am personally against downloading everything for free but I think it's ok to demo it on my own terms and to download movies that I already own

You can look at my collection if you like I have legal hard copies of all my games and currently I have no fakes that I'm demoing and the last one I did it for was sims 3 which I bought anyway in the end

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I dont have a problem with backup copies of your media because technically it is actually legal. I have a problem with illegal downloading to test games.

There is no difference between stealing £40 game and a £1,000,000 car, stealing is stealing, end of. If you think any different then you are deluded.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I'm with Wozza on this, and your theory about a car is wrong, you can test drive cars to see if you like them first, if a company doesn't release a demo, how do I know if i'll enjoy it. I'm not a shamed to admit I download games before making the decision to buy. Minecraft, I downloaded for free, liked it, bought it. Terraria, downloaded for free, liked it, bought it. Does that make me a bad person? Personally I don't think it does.