MW3 already finished and being released?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'm with Wozza on this, and your theory about a car is wrong, you can test drive cars to see if you like them first.

No no, the car dealership LETS you take the car for a test drive. Game companies release Demos. Not all Car companies do test drives, not all games companies do demos.

I am not saying anyone here is a bad person, but please dont try and justify something that then affects me as game, and other media prices go up due to piracy and theft like you describe.

Its a debate that could rage on and on and wasnt really what this thread was about, so maybe we should leave it well enough alone...for now :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
I don't agree downloading games, since game developers don't make that much money, but ffs, lower the prices on movies/music and give less to the monkey actors/artists who don't do any more work then the rest of us with normal jobs, and more people might actually buy their product.

The people who work on set, with lightning, audio etc drive home every day in a rusty crap car like the rest of us, yet the "stars" who work oh so hard waste their money on replacing their wallpapers with walls that work like waterfalls and take private helicopters since they live 5 minutes away, God forbid it might take that long to get home to their castle.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Technically that isn't Activision or Infinity Ward's fault.

Its the droves that buy them (I won't all them idiots, because that is needlessly mean).

In of itself, CoD games dont cost more than others, its just the volume they shift.

The point still stands that just because something costs more than you would like, it doesnt give YOU the right to steal it...you arent Aladdin!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
It's theft charging 1200msp for 5 maps compared to dice giving majority of their dlc away for free, unless it was bought second hand of course

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Their product, their prices :) Too much? Don't buy it. It might be down right immoral, but it isnt criminal...2 very different things in our society :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It's theft charging 1200msp for 5 maps compared to dice giving majority of their dlc away for free, unless it was bought second hand of course

If its too expensive for you then just dont buy it. Yeah activision overcharge for their maps, however this is down to the fact they know they can charge that much and peopel will still buy them. If people stop buying the maps then the prices would drop. The base game is the same price as most other games out there and quality wise is about the same as all other games out there. I dont particularly like cod but if it wasnt a good game then it also wouldnt be the best selling piece of entertainment ever. The fact it is I think counters the fact that you have to pay a little extra tbh.

Flucky

Ouch! At least you lived to tell the tale :)

I was casually sweeping minding my own business on a hot summers day. A straw hat sat comfortably upon my head, little did I know I was being watched.
*Jaws music*
I swept the broom near an overhanging step, I heard a buzz, I saw a shape flying towards me.
*Screeching horror violin*
The shape flies into my face, it seems startled and tries to fly away but as it does so the straw hat blocks it's flight path and it panics.
That's when it viciously attacked me. BAM. Stung me just below the eye. OW. It hurt quite a bit.

Then it flew away. Like any other hit and run.

It was over.

I survived.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'm actually scared of bees (childhood trauma), but I don't dislike them.

I hate wasps. They serve no purpose other than to harass innocent straw hat wearing sweepers...and other people...

Bees are like Kamakazi Fighter pilots...at least they go down with you. Wasps are like thugs from a inner city gang...carry out the drive-by stinging, then go back to the nest and laugh about it with their "hom-bees" (sorry)

Annnnnnd we really have departed from the lies that started the whole thread about MW3 already being out there in the world :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I was casually sweeping minding my own business on a hot summers day. A straw hat sat comfortably upon my head, little did I know I was being watched.
*Jaws music*
I swept the broom near an overhanging step, I heard a buzz, I saw a shape flying towards me.
*Screeching horror violin*
The shape flies into my face, it seems startled and tries to fly away but as it does so the straw hat blocks it's flight path and it panics.
That's when it viciously attacked me. BAM. Stung me just below the eye. OW. It hurt quite a bit.

Then it flew away. Like any other hit and run.

It was over.

I survived.

All you need now is a bloke walking diagonally across you path stating "Have you been in a accident that wasn't your fault?" lol

MeveM

Bright Spark
I dont particularly like cod but if it wasnt a good game then it also wouldnt be the best selling piece of entertainment ever. The fact it is I think counters the fact that you have to pay a little extra tbh.

Well no.

Cod's not even on the PC list.

PC:

The Sims (16 million shipped)[171]
The Sims 2 (13 million)[172]
The Sims 2: Pets [expansion pack] (5.6 million)[173]
World of Warcraft (12 million subscribers)[174]
StarCraft (11 million)[175]
Half-Life (9.3 million,[21][22] may include PS2 version)
Half-Life 2 (6.5 million,[21][22] may include Xbox version but does not include Steam sales)
Guild Wars (6 million in North America, Europe, and Asia; includes Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North)[176]
Myst (6 million)[177]
SimCity 3000 (5 million; includes Sim City 3000 Unlimited edition)[178]

Xbox 360:

Call of Duty: Black Ops (12 million)[24]
Kinect Adventures (10 million as pack-in game for Kinect)[25]
Halo 3 (8.1 million)[26]
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (7.481 million approximately; 6.471 million in US,[27][28][29][30] 87,374 in Japan,[31][verification needed] at least 1 million in UK)[32]
Gears of War (5 million,[33] may include PC version)
Gears of War 2 (5 million)[34]
Grand Theft Auto IV (4.356 million approximately: 3.29 million in US,[35] at least 1 million in UK,[32] 59,893 and 6,210 Platinum in Japan)[31]
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (4.226 million approximately: 3.04 million in US,[36] 78,000 in Canada,[37] 54,742 and 53,722 Platinum Collection/The Best in Japan,[31] at least 1 million in UK)[32]
Fable II (3.5 million approx. worldwide)[38]
Call of Duty: World at War (3.35 million approximately: 2.75 million in US,[35] 600,000 in UK)[39]
Halo: Reach (3.3 million in North America)[40]
Halo 3: ODST (3 million)[41]

And Wii

Wii Sports (76.76 million)[73]
Mario Kart Wii (28.23 million)[74]
Wii Sports Resort (27.68 million)[73]
Wii Play (27.38 million)[75]
Wii Fit (22.61 million)[75]
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (21.94 million)[73]
Wii Fit Plus (18.49 million)[73]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (9.48 million)[75]
Super Mario Galaxy (8.84 million)[76]
Mario Party 8 (7.6 million)[77]
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (7.09 million)[78]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (6.36 million)[73]
Wii Party (5.77 million)[73]
Just Dance 2 (5 million)[79]

PS3 only had about 4 mil CoD sales, so it still doesn't come up against the Sims.

So no matter how you put it, CoD is not a best seller by any means. Pac-man almost beats it.

It's a best seller in Xbox 360 yes, but since we're talking PC here, it doesn't really add to the subject. However, all the Sims expansions makes it the best selling game ever.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well youre facts seem to conflict with the records that black ops broke which have been worldwide news when it was released as it became the best selling entertainment title of all time.

It doesnt matter about whether were talking pc, ps3 or xbox anyway as part of this discussion, the reasonw e mentioned it was because of the price of the DLC, which is available on all platforms, making any reference to console and pc version relevant.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Well CoD is the best selling Xbox360 game. Not any other console nor any other form of game hosting machine, whether it's PC, arcane, mobile phone or console.

Only best selling xbox 360, and its not sold more then the sims, mario bro's, and other games like that, and wii sports blows it right out of the water with its 76million copies sold.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well CoD is the best selling Xbox360 game. Not any other console nor any other form of game hosting machine, whether it's PC, arcane, mobile phone or console.

Only best selling xbox 360, and its not sold more then the sims, mario bro's, and other games like that, and wii sports blows it right out of the water with its 76million copies sold.

So im guessing your saying that all the records that have been broken by it are false and that they dont know what theyre talking about when they say its the best selling entertainment title of all time? Bear in mind you cannot just compare single console releases against for example just xbox releases, cod blackops as a game is counted as releases across all platforms, not just compare xbox against xbox.

But this is beside the point, youre telling me I cant use this as a comparison because were talking about consoles, but consoles have DLC available just like PC and therefore the statement is still valid.